Ballon d'Or 2013

Creed Diskenth

I hope you don't like Music/Women who were around before you was born

Like I said what a d*ck head logic

thats a very poor comparison

music catalogues can easily be accessed and listened to

same with women

there is no way you have seen enough football matches from 40+ years to give an well informed judgement on who is better than who

!

Like I said when it comes to Football

You study achievements and read about it

Ask around

You don't need access to know Pele along with Maradona are The GOATs of this sport we all love

If you trying to make sway in favour of guys i see week in and week out terrorising defences in club level but don't turn up when it comes to the pinnacle it's not gonna happen

Pele says Zinedine Zidane was a better player than Lionel Messi when he was at his peak but revealed he would vote for the Barcelona star ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo to win the Ballon d'Or.

Zidane lifted the World Cup and European Championship with France during his playing days as well as the Champions League and then the Ballon d'Or with Real Madrid.

Messi has been widely-heralded as arguably the greatest player of all-time having won the Ballon d'Or a record four times, but Brazil legend Pele does not share that same point of view.

He told reporters: "Individually, I think Zidane was better than Messi. Zidane was amazing and the team-mates he played with were not the same standard as Messi’s; he plays with Xavi and Iniesta at Barcelona."

The Argentina international is again expected to be among the frontrunners to lift the game's most prestigious individual prize, with Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery his closest rivals for the crown.

And Pele admitted he would vote for Messi ahead of the aforementioned duo, while fellow Selecao legend Rivelino rubbished comparisons between the forward and Albiceleste great Diego Maradona.

"I would vote for Messi because of his technique," Pele added.

Rivelino stated: "In my opinion, Neymar is technically better than Messi. There’s no way you can compare Messi to Maradona. He fitted perfectly into a team where everything worked. This year another player will win."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2013/11/21/4423688/pele-zidane-was-better-than-messi?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The team mate point is valid, Messi is surrounded by the best, so much so that they don't even need him when they dominate internationals for Spain.

Oh, but when you're talking about 3-time World Cup winning Pele, you go on like he was spearheading the Faroe Islands to them trophies & not teams regarded as some of the best ever.

But no.1 we are talking about a proven winner, not some dude who at 27 will be still trying to convince on the World stage.

no.2

If you look at the greats of the Santos team he played for, people like Pepe, Coutinho, they never established themselves in the Brazil national teams.

So in that World dominating Santos side of the 60's Pele was the anomaly.

1970 apart from being a huge 12 years after he craqued in 58 was a totally new generation.

Pele was the only player from 58 and 62 to make the squad of 1970.

Different players, different eras, same result.

The King.

was going through the pics on my old phone

cr7 has a long way to go

2ir85rl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

AgenciaNews tweeted Messi has won it, (they got the top 5 right last season and seem to get all fifa related news first)

https://twitter.com/AgenciaNews

Final standings for the 2013 Ballon: 1/Messi, Ronaldo 2/Cristiano 3 / Ribery, 4/Iniesta, Ibrahimović 5/Zlatan

GOALKEEPERS - Petr Cech, Thibaut Courtois, David de Gea, Manuel Neuer

DEFENDERS - David Alaba, Giorgio Chiellini, Dante, Mats Hummels, Branislav Ivanovic, Philipp Lahm, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Filipe Luis, Vincent Kompany, Gerard Pique, Sergio Ramos, Thiago Silva

MIDFIELDERS - Gareth Bale, Ilkay Gundogan, Isco, Paul Pogba, Mesut Ozil, Menaja Matic, Blaise Matuidi, Marco Reus, Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Yaya Toure

STRIKERS - Sergio Aguero, Edinson Cavani, Diego Costa, Falcao, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Robert Lewandowski, Mario Mandzukic, Jackson Martinez, Lionel Messi, Thomas Muller, Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin van Persie

Messi was 6/1 this morning aswell

was 8/1 last week   :Y:

swear messi has been practicality injured since april

Which is more testament to everything...

Ribery

Ronaldo

Zlatan

Bastian Schwein

Best players 2013. Especially them 3 ZI,Rib,Ron

Low refused to vote so he doesn't cause unrest among the German camp ahead of World Cup..