Week 25 - 13/14 Premier League

User

Obviously under Moyes it has become worse, but that has always been your principle game, a rigid 4-4-2 with emphasis on getting out to the wingers to whip it in, which is why Valencia has been a key player for yous in recent years.

Of course you can revise history and act like you were playing great possesion based football under Sir Alex but you were not.

• Upvote 1

Obviously under Moyes it has become worse, but that has always been your principle game, a rigid 4-4-2 with emphasis on getting out to the wingers to whip it in, which is why Valencia has been a key player for yous in recent years.

Of course you can revise history and act like you were playing great possesion based football under Sir Alex but you were not.

They've had much more variation to their game in previous years than they do now, it's not even an opinion it's just what the facts say.

I didn't used to watch Man U and think that if you were good enough at defending crosses that you'd almost certainly be able to beat them as is the case now.

They've had much more variation to their game in previous years than they do now, it's not even an opinion it's just what the facts say.

I didn't used to watch Man U and think that if you were good enough at defending crosses that you'd almost certainly be able to beat them as is the case now.

That still doesn't mean that they weren't relying on crosses before. United have been a average passing team for years now, they've always had more reliance on their wingers than other top teams around them have. The over reliance on it has been exacerbated with the hiring of Moyes, but crossing was arguably the main feature of their game under Ferguson as well.

rene is a poor manager and he tactically done moyes today

he knew moyes was not going to change from crossing the ball

he gave him a false hope thinking that he is getting joy in the wide positions and sooner or later one of the crosses would be the right one, but all that was happening was fulham dealing with it because no doubt they have trained all week on getting the full backs tucked in, dropping deep having the widemen drop back to full back positions and the defensive mid in between the center backs so there were 7 bodies + the keeper vs man utds 2 strikers and attacking midfielder, they also won ever second ball in the box and constantly crowded out the united attackers when they had the ball at there feet...... how can you be a prem league manager and not see you're playing into the oppos hands and not change a fucking thing....

80 crosses all dealt by fulham, surely at one stage you will decide to go to plan B....no not moyes

lets not mention his great substitution on bringing on valencia to right back for more crosses.... at least rafael beats the first man and can defend a bit.... 

this guy is a fraud

and yes united are generally a crossing team last few seasons but they did mix it up a lot and most importantly under fergie a lot of the crosses were from the byline after good central play, as for the wingers..... wingers dont mean crosses, bar valencia and beckham i wouldnt say any of the other wingers rely on crossing the ball..... sharpe, giggs, cr7, kanchelskis, poborsky, blomqvist, park and nani all offered a lot more than just crossing during their time 

• Upvote 3

That still doesn't mean that they weren't relying on crosses before. United have been a average passing team for years now, they've always had more reliance on their wingers than other top teams around them have. The over reliance on it has been exacerbated with the hiring of Moyes, but crossing was arguably the main feature of their game under Ferguson as well.

They were good at crosses under Ferguson but not reliant on them as they had other ways of creating chances.

Is there any point in me showing you stats to show you the difference in the variation of their play from last season to this season or are you going to dismiss them?

They were good at crosses under Ferguson but not reliant on them as they had other ways of creating chances.

Is there any point in me showing you stats to show you the difference in the variation of their play from last season to this season or are you going to dismiss them?

Not really, what point of yours am i dismissing?

That they had more variation to their player last year, well obviously i've already stated that.

Have they been reliant on crosses in the past few years though, yes they have, in fact that was a key to their late goals in recent years, when it would get to the last 20 mins and they needed a goal they would bombard the box with crosses.

They were reliant on crossing in the same way Barca rely on tika-taka. Doesn't mean they didn't score from other methods

Can't believe this is even a debate

I aren't getting into any sort of debate with you, it's the equivalent of pissing into the wind.

So yeah you're right.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Manchester Utd weren't reliant on crosses. What kind of nonsense? Tell me how most of RVN's goals came about?

They have always been a crossing team. Problem now is you have people like Young wipping them in instead of Giggs, Beckham, Ronaldo etc

You lot just want to blame everything on Moyes

Someone said Giggs didn't rely on crossing? :lol:

I've always said it but you guys need to stop posting when the games are on, seems like you're missing everything

Not really, what point of yours am i dismissing?

That they had more variation to their player last year, well obviously i've already stated that.

Have they been reliant on crosses in the past few years though, yes they have, in fact that was a key to their late goals in recent years, when it would get to the last 20 mins and they needed a goal they would bombard the box with crosses.

I didn't say you had dismissed anything, I asked if you were going to.

I think we need to define what reliant is because you seem to be ignoring what I'm saying, if people say Liverpool are reliant on Suarez and then without him Sturridge picks up the slack then they're flat out wrong because there's proof that there is an alternative. Utilising something that you're good at and being reliant on it are two different things.