RIP Eric Garner - Black Man murdered by NYPD on Camera - 17/7/2014

Lens

Some people in here not living in the real world.

Seen the exact same sh*t happen to my boy after he was dragged out the bk of my car.

They had him in cuffs, he wasn't resisting and they decided they wanted to put him face 1st on the ground and proceeded to sweep his legs from under him.

Officer had his knee in his bk, was the most pointless sh*t I have ever witnessed in my life, 1 of the scariest too because I know sh*t like this happens.

This guy in the video wasn't a threat at all, the protocol for flooring peeps is dangerous and f*cking retarded, it makes it worse most officers seem retarded as well not knowing what type of force is unnecessary.

then this is clearly not the same thing 

it doesnt matter what  he (from the time the video was recorded) didnt seem like a threat 

the police are the police if they ask you tp put your hands behind your back you do it 

if he was not resisting arrest and they put man in a chokehold i would be agrreing with you completely but not in this case

Garner, 43, suffered a heart attack during a confrontation with police who were attempting to arrest him on suspicions of selling untaxed cigarettes outside a beauty parlor on Staten Island near the ferry terminal, authorities said.

Garner has been arrested 31 times since 1988 on charges such as drug possession, selling untaxed cigarettes and assault, police said. He was last arrested in May for selling untaxed cigarettes, court records show. Since 2009, he was arrested nine different times for selling such cigarettes, police said.

The police is not who that guy should of been talking to anyways. You Talk to the judge or your lawyer. Not the dumbfuck police officer on the street.

This is all well in theory but when people are harassed consistently it is unreasonably to believe there is not a tipping point.

Everybody has a limit.

Fuck boy brigade out here as usual might have to quarantine myself to sports & hip hop rooms for a bit

A police officer went to grab him and he said "dont touch me please".

Noone stated he was under arrest or what charge or act he was under arrest for

Noone read him miranda rights

What happened was a police officer walked up to him and choked him to death

Bingo

• Upvote 2

then this is clearly not the same thing

It clearly is because as I said he was already in cuffs ie: his hands were already behind his bk.

Some of you seem to think this would have prevented him from being put on the floor.

This is not reality, if the police wanna put you down whether you have complied or not you will get the knee in the back treatment.

Some of you best just hope you don't come across said police because your supposed rational thinking will be of no aid to you at all.

• Upvote 1

f*ck boy brigade out here as usual might have to quarantine myself to sports & hip hop rooms for a bit

A police officer went to grab him and he said "dont touch me please".

Noone stated he was under arrest or what charge or act he was under arrest for

Noone read him miranda rights

What happened was a police officer walked up to him and choked him to death

Bingo

So you think the guy did the right thing in that video?

Also, clearly the video was cut before they started to touch him, you dont know if they didnt read him his rights before that moment. (were drifting away from the point now)

• Downvote 2

When a police office says put your hands behind your back.

YOU PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK.

r.i.p tho

tbh 

I f*cking hate reading irrelevant bullshit like this when things like this happen because whether or not it's intended to be it diverts the focus of the most pertinent issue at hand.

Yes he resisted arrest but that doesn't mean crushing his head into the floor and literally choking him to the point he can't breath is warranted or justifiable.

If as a policeman your natural reaction to being resisted is to exert enough force to kill a man then you're in the wrong f*cking job, f*ck off and go be a janitor or some sh*t where your interaction with people is limited.

RIP to him and f*ck those officers from the pit of my stomach.

its not irrelevant  tho is it 

but for my man resisting arrest would the police office have put him in a chokehold 

no matter what happens if a policeman is arresting me and asks me to do something im doing it -there is no need to give them an excuse to be extra heavy handed 

especially over in the US when thye have a history for police brutality - why give them an excuse? Just comply and deal with the after effect later 

did he think that by him saying dont touch me that they would just leave him alone?

RIP sameway

Of course it's irrelevant because even if he resisted arrest it doesn't give the police free reign to crush his head into the ground and choke him out.

Like I said if you're a policeman and you're ready to exert enough force to kill someone every time they resist being arrested then you're in the wrong job.

The police are public servants so this mentality that they're allowed to do whatever the fuck they like is bullshit and the more it prevails the worse the treatment the public are subjected to is going to get.

r.i.p tho

tbh 

I f*cking hate reading irrelevant bullshit like this when things like this happen because whether or not it's intended to be it diverts the focus of the most pertinent issue at hand.

Yes he resisted arrest but that doesn't mean crushing his head into the floor and literally choking him to the point he can't breath is warranted or justifiable.

If as a policeman your natural reaction to being resisted is to exert enough force to kill a man then you're in the wrong f*cking job, f*ck off and go be a janitor or some sh*t where your interaction with people is limited.

but for my man resisting arrest would the police office have put him in a chokehold 

no matter what happens if a policeman is arresting me and asks me to do something im doing it -there is no need to give them an excuse to be extra heavy handed 

especially over in the US when thye have a history for police brutality - why give them an excuse? Just comply and deal with the after effect later 

did he think that by him saying dont touch me that they would just leave him alone?

RIP sameway

Of course it's irrelevant because even if he resisted arrest it doesn't give the police free reign to crush his head into the ground and choke him out.

Like I said if you're a policeman and you're ready to exert enough force to kill someone every time they resist being arrested then you're in the wrong job.

The police are public servants so this mentality that they're allowed to do whatever the f*ck they like is bullshit and the more it prevails the worse the treatment the public are subjected to is going to get.

Of course the police shouldnt have the 'free reign to crush his head into the ground and choke him out'.

Nobody in this thread has said that they should eithier.

what im saying is, when you choose to resist arrest, you put your own life on the line.

yeh but like flojo said

they are public servants

it is ppl saying shit like 'oh well he shouldnt resist' that over time let them think they can get away with fuckery

whether or not he resisted its not in their job description to choke ppl out with zero provocation

r.i.p tho

tbh 

RIP sameway

The police are public servants so this mentality that they're allowed to do whatever the f*ck they like is bullshit and the more it prevails the worse the treatment the public are subjected to is going to get.

Of course the police shouldnt have the 'free reign to crush his head into the ground and choke him out'.

Nobody in this thread has said that they should eithier.

what im saying is, when you choose to resist arrest, you put your own life on the line.

What you did is chose to focus on him resisting arrest as if that's the most pertinent aspect of the video rather than the excessive use of force that took a man's fucking life.

Resisting arrest shouldn't be a precursor for risking your life and the fact you and John Doe are acting as if it's ok that it is indicates that things are seriously fucked up.

So you think the guy did the right thing in that video?

He wasn't violent so he shouldn't of been dealt with violently imo.

What he did wasn't cause to jump on his bk and put him in a sleeper.

We need to get away from this mentality of putting blame on the victims of police.

There are enough examples out there of people dying despite doing the right thing to make that line of argument void.

• Upvote 7

If you are happy with men telling you what to do and how to do it thats fine each to their own

I have my own mind and my own morals I behave accordingly

Now if you're a justice in the eyes of the law man pick your side and stick to it regardless of the colour or background of the people involved

Each crime an individual is suspected or arrested for merits its own charge

Each charge has to be dealt with according to whatever laws in whatever jurisdiction that are relevant

Last time I checked the law regarding selling untaxed cigarettes was not punishable with death by crippler crossface anywhere in the USA

So based on the video we have seen who has committed a crime and who should your disgust be aimed at?

• Upvote 8

Not to people like me who abide by the rule of law

I want to see my police force being tough on crime

This is stellar work

One more degenerate of our streets

Obvisouky you hav a different agenda maybe you have a criminal record ...

didnt realise u live in new york

r.i.p tho

If you're a slave sure

I used to have your way of thinking when dealing with the police.

But once a decision has been made, whether you like it or not, your being arrested.

The police is not who that guy should of been talking to anyways. You Talk to the judge or your lawyer. Not the dumbf*ck police officer on the street.

That is selfish.

If you have kids or plan too, or any care for the next generation then you have to stand up to unjust laws for the future's sake.

Moral judgment has to be exercise or else your kids, grandkids will live in a world where police will literally do whatever they want. 

r.i.p tho

If you're a slave sure

I used to have your way of thinking when dealing with the police.

But once a decision has been made, whether you like it or not, your being arrested.

The police is not who that guy should of been talking to anyways. You Talk to the judge or your lawyer. Not the dumbf*ck police officer on the street.

That is selfish.

If you have kids or plan too, or any care for the next generation then you have to stand up to unjust laws for the future's sake.

Moral judgment has to be exercise or else your kids, grandkids will live in a world where police will literally do whatever they want. 

True

But there is a pattern in majority of these type of cases from the victim.

• Downvote 1

This is not reality, if the police wanna put you down whether you have complied or not you will get the knee in the back treatment.

Some of you best just hope you don't come across said police because your supposed rational thinking will be of no aid to you at all.

yeh but like flojo said

they are public servants

it is ppl saying sh*t like 'oh well he shouldnt resist' that over time let them think they can get away with f*ckery

whether or not he resisted its not in their job description to choke ppl out with zero provocation