Wayne Rooney

Mame Biram Diouf

25 minutes ago, LS said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37404076

Chapman guy just exposed the media.  Could be sacked soon, BBC must be fuming at him.  Can not be asking them type of questions..

The Independent: Why Jose Mourinho should finally drop Wayne Rooney from starting line-up

MEN: Manchester United fanzine Red Issue slaughters Wayne Rooney

Telegraph: Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney is just no longer good enough

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...manchester-united-midfield-mess-jose-mourinho

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-wayne-rooney-short-manchester-united-watford

Just 1/5 of the articles going around about him right now 

24 minutes ago, i5_PRODUCER said:

Lol

See what i mean. It was only a matter of time.

The last ones to be defending Wayne will be opposition fan boys who want a repeat of what their own club saw with Gerard's strangle hold of pool towards the end. Course Wayne should be in the 11. Mugs.

Chapman supports United btw.

Shut up you mug. 

Rooney's way bigger than Gerrard was @ Liverpool.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Does Rooney Have A Playing Clause In His Contract?

So I was right then.

The problem for Manchester United this season isn’t quality of signings, certainly not Jose who will bludgeon his way as always to winning something.

There are two simple issues, which I pointed out in this very column back in early August. And if they are not changed and changed sharpish, with the competition levels high in the Premier League, Man United could yet face more time in the wilderness of the Europa League zone or below.

Home Truths
Let’s tell some truths, real truths, not sugar-coated like some pundits.

Wayne Rooney is now getting special treatment from every manager who he plays for and virtually every pundit who talks about him.

Let’s start with the managers. It was obvious back in the latter days of Fergie that he tolerated rather than wanted Rooney as the focal point of the team. Some people have short memories; this is a player who was rumoured to be leaving not once but twice.

First to Man City which I still believe nearly happened bar hoodies turning up and frightening the lad into staying. And the second time where it took my former agent’s gift of brinkmanship and United’s desperation to get Rooney a £300,000 a week contract.

Look, I like Rooney, he’s a great pro and his career will go down as one of the Premier League’s greatest. But don’t kid yourself with the Lineker documentary soft voice and PR spin, Rooney and Stretford are in it for Rooney and Stretford and if anyone thinks otherwise, that reminder above should jog the memory.

Poor Pundits
So why are United and England being so loyal to a guy who Mourinho said is a 9 or 10? Pundits last night reversed (VEHICLE REVERSING, VEHICLE REVERSING) into Rooney protection mode. “He’s now a 4, he still should be in the team, etc etc.”

WHY? On what basis? Hard work? I’m sure a club like United can find a grafter who pops 20 yard passes sideways. A dynamic attacking midfielder? Nope. What about an inspirational captain who leads the team through tough times? United have just lost 3 games in a week. So why then?

Special Clause?
Money. That’s the only thing it can be. I don’t believe that players get special contract terms that dictate when fit they must be in the team, it’s mostly an urban myth. But boy,

I am coming close to believing Stretford may well have not only screwed 300k a week out of United but something alluding to what I’ve just suggested, namely if the lad is fit, he plays.

For England it’s slightly different. We are shite, have been for ages and to be fair to Rooney, he’s scored qualification goals, captained the side through transition and has always turned up, knowing an over-expectant English nation still believes we are something special. United can spend and get rid of Rooney, England can’t.

So why aren’t pundits saying all of this? Partly because many of them aren’t very good at their job. Regardless of who your friends and relationships are with players, agents, agencies and so on, as a pundit you are there to give insight from your own playing experiences good and bad. And to see the obvious!

All I’m seeing is a barrage of ex-player excuses for Rooney or even worse; they know people like me and many fans are right, but choose not to upset England and United’s golden boy.

The Facts
The truth that many of us see is this:

1. Rooney can no longer play as a goalscoring 9. United and England have better.

2. He can’t play as a creative 10. Mata does better as a sub coming from the right than Rooney currently.

3. He is holding Manchester United back and treading water in poor groups with England.

4. Most managers recently who’ve had him love him as a pro but probably think “How the f*** am I left to be the one who finishes it for him?”

5. Regarding point 4, Allardyce wasn’t a popular dressing room choice, so he’s not going to do it.

6. Jose will be thinking it but is unsure as to what to do.

7. Pep would have done it by now.

8. Players at Manchester United, to challenge for trophies, have to be the best in their position not only in the club but in the league. We all could name many players that would deliver more than Rooney.

Bench Time 
This isn’t a carve up, a spiteful rant, just an acknowledgment that when you get special treatment while not earning your corn, you deserve to be dropped, from any team, in any league, at any time, whoever you are.

If United in particular stick with Rooney and don’t even drop him when he played as poorly as against Watford, the message that sends to those on the bench is “Why bother working hard here, it’s who you are not what you do.”

I don’t need to tell you that in any walk of life when that happens, you’re doomed.

Bench for club, maybe even for country. Let’s see a reaction.

@i5_PRODUCER   @Wavant  @Haze-e @Anderson  faaaaaaaaaaaaak 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

Someone on redcafe said that class of 92 are furious at him not being dropped behind closed doors, but publicly for a reason unknown they won't say anything... 

Yorke, Schmeichel and Fortune (to name a few) are some of his biggest fan boys on TV. 

It's an overall tv bias, nothing to do with club association sadly 

Dons there were saying he takes the media to Wings. 

???

bribery through chow mein. Amazing. 

Doesn't have to exist...IF United is business focussed rather then results focussed and the two are mutually exclusive (yeah CL money whatever)

then Rooney HAS to play HAS to be in the center of the pitch HAS to be the captain CANT afford any bad press HAS to be eased out on a high and into a senior (manager/ambassador) role....because 

oh random chinese soda company wanna do an ad...' off you go wayne, we will film it carrington, they will pay $1m heres your cut...thanks mate'

the contract is intertwined United eats Rooney eats but most importantly for United, he is the only player (known) in world football who gives a share of his endorsements to the club and he has a lot of those, therefore they eat well.... United dont want to lose there cash cow, imagine they make Rashford the poster boy, he starts getting the endorsements, the money is his, the club has no right to a cut, but lets say for the sake of it hes on fire, his stock grows, united's stock grows a little, they still wont get what they were getting with Rooney and imagine Rashford decides he wants to go to Bayern or Barca or Madrid or City.... now United are FUCKED

Just now, i5_PRODUCER said:

Lol

See what i mean. It was only a matter of time.

The last ones to be defending Wayne will be opposition fan boys who want a repeat of what their own club saw with Gerard's strangle hold of pool towards the end. Course Wayne should be in the 11. Mugs.

Chapman supports United btw.

Gerrard was a million times better than Rooney aged 34 

Rooney has been trash for 8-9 years and you only just campaigning 

foh you dont have a clue about football

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Infamous said:

Gerrard was a million times better than Rooney aged 34 

Rooney has been trash for 8-9 years and you only just campaigning 

foh you dont have a clue about football

:lol: He's hurt still.

Who cares who's been trash and for how long. Both shit , both could have been else where earlier.

Regardless

A man said i'm only just campaigning 

U troll

Fck off mate.

• Upvote 1

Just now, i5_PRODUCER said:

:lol: He's hurt still.

Who cares who's been trash and for how long. Both shit , both could have been else where earlier.

Regardless

A man said i'm only just campaigning 

U troll

Fck off mate.

you was on rooneys nutsaxs not long ago

you should comment when u are losing. i aint forgot about saturday 

4 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

Swear down, i thought it was just pogba jokes?

On twitter during/after the game it was 99% Pogba jokes by Football & Black twitter.

Posts like 

Pogba 16/17 highlights:  Just a clip of him dabbing

Pogba: 5 games 0 goal 0 assists 5 haircuts

Scholes is 1 game away from calling Pogba a N etc

Everyone on twitter knows Rooney is shit, no point sending. 

• Upvote 1

Chris Sutton:

If Pep Guardiola was the manager of Manchester United Wayne Rooney would be dropped immediately. Rooney is a problem for Jose Mourinho — and England manager Sam Allardyce. Putting it simply, there are better players in his position for both club and country now. 

Mourinho has got to be brave enough to leave Rooney out. United have lacked pace, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is not the sort of striker who will move in behind the defence and Rooney is no longer a No 10 who does that either. I would have the best player in Germany last year, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, playing instead of him for United and for England I would pick Dele Alli. Rooney is holding both teams back. It is as simple as that. 

The problems really all come down to Rooney. He is the major issue here. If you leave him out it give you far more options. Rooney has had his day.

---------

Keep em coming 

Chris Sutton:

If Pep Guardiola was the manager of Manchester United Wayne Rooney would be dropped immediately. Rooney is a problem for Jose Mourinho — and England manager Sam Allardyce. Putting it simply, there are better players in his position for both club and country now. 

Mourinho has got to be brave enough to leave Rooney out. United have lacked pace, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is not the sort of striker who will move in behind the defence and Rooney is no longer a No 10 who does that either. I would have the best player in Germany last year, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, playing instead of him for United and for England I would pick Dele Alli. Rooney is holding both teams back. It is as simple as that. 

The problems really all come down to Rooney. He is the major issue here. If you leave him out it give you far more options. Rooney has had his day.

---------

Keep em coming 

This is just the big comeback redemption arc of the rooney story.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, LS said:

On twitter during/after the game it was 99% Pogba jokes by Football & Black twitter.

Posts like 

Pogba 16/17 highlights:  Just a clip of him dabbing

Pogba: 5 games 0 goal 0 assists 5 haircuts

Scholes is 1 game away from calling Pogba a N etc

Everyone on twitter knows Rooney is shit, no point sending. 

tbf the jokes towards pogba are just banter.

On 9/18/2016 at 11:22 PM, Iceberg said:

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/the_mechanics_behind_wayne_rooneys_ground_breaking_new_contract

stoneygate is owned by some patels

the other shell company anyone know ?

probably in uniteds accounts somewhere

“Tier three is basically an agreement between Manchester United FC’s sponsorship arm and Wayne Rooney’s own corporate vehicle – Stoneygate – where a joint venture has been formed between the two parties to allow Manchester United to sell all of Wayne’s individual sponsorship rights as well,” explains Stretford. “For such agreement, they have made a forward guarantee of payments. The exciting part of that is that they are recognised as one of the best sponsorship sales teams in the world, with offices in London, Hong Kong, USA, and they’re going to put committed resource behind the wholesale of Wayne Rooney throughout the period of the contract, in conjunction with Stoneygate. Stoneygate will continue to manage in terms of structure, what can be done, what can’t be done. But the actual sales arm and the resourcing of that sales arm will come through Manchester United Football Club.”

It must be down to this. Must be.

Garys one of the biggest punks going. Heard it was his idea and not Roys to put Harry on corner duties for England, was impressed by his knuckle ball technique so he wanted to translate that in to corners :lol:

Lol at Rooney being the leak, hes coasting living that life.