HES BLACK... HE CANT BE IT.

underwriter

Remember guys, when you have white actors playing non-white characters (whether real or fictional) because a significant amount of the white, paying white audience cannot empathise with a non-white (particularly black) character - it's "just business". But if you so much as add a black background character to the cast it's "pandering", "tokenism", and "PC GONE MAD!". And then the same people have the audacity to call the existence of a BET network "reverse-racism". The cognitive dissonance is incredible.

You have to pay attention to why people do or do not want something.

I look at the industry I'm in and I can say with a full understanding that authenticity is why I don't want a black Bond. Bond is a white dude as far as I'm concerned and it should stay that way. I don't want inclusion or consideration in that way. White actors can keep their roles. I don't even want white studios to shoehorn black people into their films. I find it false and I don't respect the studios for doing it because they are not being true to themselves, and I don't respect the black actors for accepting the roles because there bloody well could be more black roles if we just took command of our destiny.

What do I mean by that? 

Lenny Henry has been in the game for over 30 years. No one can tell me he hasn't made the sort of money that could see him start a television studio, a film studio, or even a tv channel. Instead he complains that white owned studios should cater more for black actors when he could have been the one catering to the black actors he claims to be fighting for.

Right now Idris Elba is the biggest black name about. He is being touted to play the likes of James Bond, but there are black roles being overlooked, like the formerly mentioned "Shaft". I'm learning that too many black people simply don't want the responsibility of bringing economic stability. There's too much selfishness.

And as for BET? There could easily be a black owned network to rival it tomorrow if a little bit of group economics were practiced.

youre a d*ckhead. bond is an Mi5/6 spy working for the british government who goes on top secret missions to "save the world". 

while he goes on these missions, he has a set team of other british govt officials that assist his work to ensure his and "mission" safety.

along with these missions come the personal perks of the job such as fine women, albeit dangerous at times,

other perks of the job includea plethora of hi tech gadgets 

ALL FUNDED BY THE BRITISH TAX PAYER OF WHICH INCLUDE BLACK PEOPLE AND OTHER NON WHITE ANGLO f*ckIN SAXONS

NOT INCLUDING THE FACT THAT BLACK PEOPLE WORK FOR THE MI5/6. 

SO DONT GET ALL PERSONAL WITH SOME MYTHICAL CHARACTER, WHEN THERES REAL LIFE NON WHITE PEOPLE WITH SOME SORT OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR KEEPING YOU AND THIS CUNTRY "SAFE"

getting all political over a f*cking government official you c*nt. 

thats how some of you bastards are so racist without even knowing it. 

• Upvote 3

HOW MANY PEOPLE WORK FOR MI5?

We currently employ about 3,800 people. 41% of staff are women, 56% are less than 40 years old, 8% are from black or ethnic minority backgrounds and 3% have a disability. Around 330 staff currently work in the Security Service on secondment or attachment from other departments and agencies.

• Upvote 1

Remember guys, when you have white actors playing non-white characters (whether real or fictional) because a significant amount of the white, paying white audience cannot empathise with a non-white (particularly black) character - it's "just business". But if you so much as add a black background character to the cast it's "pandering", "tokenism", and "PC GONE MAD!". And then the same people have the audacity to call the existence of a BET network "reverse-racism". The cognitive dissonance is incredible.

You have to pay attention to why people do or do not want something.

I look at the industry I'm in and I can say with a full understanding that authenticity is why I don't want a black Bond. Bond is a white dude as far as I'm concerned and it should stay that way. I don't want inclusion or consideration in that way. White actors can keep their roles. I don't even want white studios to shoehorn black people into their films. I find it false and I don't respect the studios for doing it because they are not being true to themselves, and I don't respect the black actors for accepting the roles because there bloody well could be more black roles if we just took command of our destiny.

What do I mean by that? 

Lenny Henry has been in the game for over 30 years. No one can tell me he hasn't made the sort of money that could see him start a television studio, a film studio, or even a tv channel. Instead he complains that white owned studios should cater more for black actors when he could have been the one catering to the black actors he claims to be fighting for.

Right now Idris Elba is the biggest black name about. He is being touted to play the likes of James Bond, but there are black roles being overlooked, like the formerly mentioned "Shaft". I'm learning that too many black people simply don't want the responsibility of bringing economic stability. There's too much selfishness.

And as for BET? There could easily be a black owned network to rival it tomorrow if a little bit of group economics were practiced.

lenny henry started comic relief

Black people give MILLIONS of dollars to rappers and athletes for shoes; folks who CANNOT HELP YOU in real life. But we don't spend a DIME on candidates to run for judge or prosecutor where it REALLY counts. 
This is the very definition of "mixed up priorities."

There are only 3 things you can do with a dollar: purchase thing, give it away . . . or invest it. That's it.
If you can't tell us HOW that dollar you spent is COMING BACK then you have NOT invested it.

Only COONS defend these actions

• Downvote 1

Back to the Subject

Actually race DOES matter in historical context. I'm not a fan of Hollywood altering the racial makeup of characters. What if they turned BA Baracus from The A-Team into a white character making it an all white cast? I don't think we'd approve.
The PROBLEM is that they only become racial strict constructionists when you want to alter THEM. But they have NO PROBLEM with altering our ENTIRE CONTINENT and REPLACING us with themselves.

Black people give MILLIONS of dollars to rappers and athletes for shoes; folks who CANNOT HELP YOU in real life. But we don't spend a DIME on candidates to run for judge or prosecutor where it REALLY counts. 

There are only 3 things you can do with a dollar: purchase thing, give it away . . . or invest it. That's it.
If you can't tell us HOW that dollar you spent is COMING BACK then you have NOT invested it.

Don why not use your own words?

Yes I know exactly who you copy pasted from.

• Upvote 1

Don why not use your own words?

Yes I know exactly who you copy pasted from.

Yes that was the highlight of Jason blacks argument I saw on his page. That had to be said!

Ive used my own words many times. But back to the Subject. What about Christian Bale playing Moses? It goes to show you how Hollywood tolerates white people in specific roles.

a fictional character... did you think ian fleming had a guy in mind?

if so, and the guy in mind was someone BRITISH, SLIM, TALL DARK AND HANDSOME then tbh that is the line the bond films should go with and go down...

if there is no where in his memoirs of such description... its anyones role then...

Speaking as a fellow ethnic. I can see why people would make a fuss. Going so far as to boycott and make overt racist comments is out of order but I tend to agree on the fundamental argument that James Bond is a fundamentally white character. 007 has existed for over 50 years in thus form. It's nothing to get too bent out of shape about, if this is your biggest problem then you have it good. That being said it is weird. To counter my own argument, people saying the character is not true to Ian Fleming's portrayal... The last Fleming written bond plot was played by Dalton in the 80's. Everything since has been the work of script writers. The Craig films are as far a departure from Fleming's bond as you could get... It's gritty and realistic.

I didn't see much hoo hah when it turned out moneypenny was black. Then again she is bit part.

All in all I am presenting a balanced argument. I don't know what other British actor can play to role after Craig. I don't want to see Elba in the role really but if he is the best man then so be it.