Labour Leadership Race

Elementalism

This guy said the British Taxpayer should be allowed to Opt out of funding the Army lmao. Is he going to give us the chance to Opt out of funding Foriegn Aid and Welfare as well then? Naw I don't think so.

Give me three financially sound reasons we need a large army in 2015? Or a 'nuclear deterrent'?

Having nuclear weapons THREATENS OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY. Going to war with Muslims for shit reasons THREATENS OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY. Chatting big and bad on the world stage like we have a forcefield around our little island, when countries like Russia could literally shift the tectonic plates we all sit on. Yeah, keep gassing tough guy.

Large armies have a big cost if you don't use them - and a shit load more if you do - why are we spending money on foreign aid in 2015? Hmmm. Do you think the money we spend on attacking and interfering with other countries has something to do with it?

Why are Albanians, Serbs, Croatians, Kosovans in this country? What do Congolese, Afghan, Ethiopian/Eritrean, Indians/Pakistanis, Nigerians, Ghanaians and Jamaicans want to come here? Aggressive 'defence'/offense budgets always leads to large movements of people at some point. We fucking love selling guns - and we love using them too...but only off our patch, right tough guy?

The UK hasn't stopped buying big guns and machines and violating people's land for a few hundred years now. We could do with just chilling.

All we need is a British Self-Defence Force.

• Downvote 3

LMFAO What a weak ass bitch you are.

Another retard who confuses the Elite actions with every day people. Do you think our Soldiers sit in their Barracks twiddling their itchy fingers wishing to get overseas and kill innocent people in wars. Are you really one of them bellends that believes that?

A British Defence Force??? What is that going to look like, an Army by any chance????!!!

We need a large expertly trained Army for defence and times of war. Having Nuclear weapons is an insurance policy, sure Russia have more and could destroy us but I'd sleep with a smile on my face knowing we could wipe a whole load of enemies out too. PLUS We have Nato backing us...... Or we do now, if your boy Corbyn gets in power we won't. Sorta muppet you that would have a psycho living next door to you armed to the teeth but still tell your kids it's safe to go out and play without protecting them.

d*ckheads like you want to keep pumping billions overseas so African dictators can buy themselves private Jets but don't wanna spend money on our own defences. Guys like you make me sick.

• Downvote 2

lol think about what you just said bruh

• Downvote 1

I know what I said..... I know that our Nukes are a deterrent. If Russia dropped one on London tomorrow, whilst I'd probably be slightly grateful that a lot of you wouldn't be logging on VIP2 again I'd fully expect our Military and Nato to retaliate. In simpler terms for simpler guys, you are telling me if someone rocked your Jaw at work tomorrow that you would just walk away from it and forget it.

• Downvote 2

This guy said the British Taxpayer should be allowed to Opt out of funding the Army lmao. Is he going to give us the chance to Opt out of funding Foriegn Aid and Welfare as well then? Naw I don't think so.

Give me three financially sound reasons we need a large army in 2015? Or a 'nuclear deterrent'?

Having nuclear weapons THREATENS OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY. Going to war with Muslims for sh*t reasons THREATENS OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY. Chatting big and bad on the world stage like we have a forcefield around our little island, when countries like Russia could literally shift the tectonic plates we all sit on. Yeah, keep gassing tough guy.

Large armies have a big cost if you don't use them - and a sh*t load more if you do - why are we spending money on foreign aid in 2015? Hmmm. Do you think the money we spend on attacking and interfering with other countries has something to do with it?

Why are Albanians, Serbs, Croatians, Kosovans in this country? What do Congolese, Afghan, Ethiopian/Eritrean, Indians/Pakistanis, Nigerians, Ghanaians and Jamaicans want to come here? Aggressive 'defence'/offense budgets always leads to large movements of people at some point. We f*cking love selling guns - and we love using them too...but only off our patch, right tough guy?

The UK hasn't stopped buying big guns and machines and violating people's land for a few hundred years now. We could do with just chilling.

Sorry but the state of our armed forces atm is pitiful, we could't do anything militarily by ourselves. We need a large army, navy (especially a large navy) etc. to protect and advance our interests, as is the case with any other sovereign nation. The military is there to guarantee our sovereignty.The only reason why countries like Germany, Japan etc. can have 'defence' forces is because the US has underwritten their security for the past 70 years. Switzerland has an enormous army relative to its population. Having a large army doesn't mean you constantly have to use it. Blair's (and Cameron's) wars were a complete aberration when you consider post-war foreign policy, you would have to go back to Eden to get a more fked up FP failing.

And there is nothing wrong with having a world-class defence industry - it's one of the few things the UK remains good at. 

How does having nuclear weapons threaten our entire country? I would argue that it has the opposite effect. History has shown us that nuclear weapons were the reason why the cold war never turned into a hot one (Corbyn and his fellow CND travellers, would have made things alot easier for the Soviets.) It has given us a lot of international clout, and ensured that the UK has always punched above it's own weight despite being it being small island. I bet Gaddafi and Saddam wished they hadn't abandoned their WMD programmes.

Corbyn doesn't realise that the only thing other countries respect is strength. Everything else is meaningless. The international system is a zero-sum game. It's a bit like an american prison. You cannot survive trying to be a nice guy and trying to have dialogue with everyone. That being said I cannot remember the last prime minister we've had that was truly concerned with our national interest, and not bumming america. At least America follows the maxim, "there are no permanent friends, only interests". We would a lot better to stick to that as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Did a man really say he would feel more comfortable in a nuclear war knowing we're able to retaliate?

:rofl:

Wow

There's nothing wrong with that sentiment. It's all part of the deterrence/ MAD argument and the very reason we have't had a nuclear war thus far.

The Israeli's have the Samson option. They will basically destroy the whole world, if their existence is threatened to the point of annihilation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Having nuclear weapons THREATENS OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY. Going to war with Muslims for sh*t reasons THREATENS OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY. Chatting big and bad on the world stage like we have a forcefield around our little island, when countries like Russia could literally shift the tectonic plates we all sit on. Yeah, keep gassing tough guy.

Large armies have a big cost if you don't use them - and a sh*t load more if you do - why are we spending money on foreign aid in 2015? Hmmm. Do you think the money we spend on attacking and interfering with other countries has something to do with it?

Why are Albanians, Serbs, Croatians, Kosovans in this country? What do Congolese, Afghan, Ethiopian/Eritrean, Indians/Pakistanis, Nigerians, Ghanaians and Jamaicans want to come here? Aggressive 'defence'/offense budgets always leads to large movements of people at some point. We f*cking love selling guns - and we love using them too...but only off our patch, right tough guy?

"British Self-Defence Force" LOL

Such a stupid guy!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It would be absolutely dopey to reduce the military (the size of it currently is dopey) and to rid our nuclear weapons.

It is a certain deterrent. It ensures that we do not get invaded, gives us status and provides jobs.

The military is there for our defence, as well as protecting other people of the world (Yugoslavian wars for example).

What happened post 11th September 2001, is an example of not going to war.

Heck, we've had to have a war with Iceland to protect our fishermen and given our people the right to fish so we do and could potentially face some form of a war close to us.

To say we, for one, need to reduce the army and 2, give up nukes, is dumb.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

'Avalanche' of Labour MPs could turn to Lib Dems - Sir Vince Cable

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34302365

*Birdman hand rub*

LOL

All that was really said was

" We lost loads of mps, we're pretty similar on the center left, please defect and bring us some seats"

Not going to happen

Nice try though

they might as well

views more in line with new labour

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/17/britain-jewish-leaders-seek-clarification-jeremy-corbyn-policies

Leaders of Britain’s Jewish community are seeking urgent meetings with Jeremy Corbyn amid anxieties about his attitudes towards Israel, faith schools and antisemitism.

The Board of Deputies of British Jews and the Jewish Leadership Council have written to the new Labour leader requesting talks to clarify his position.

Jonathan Arkush, president of the Board of Deputies, said he wanted “straight answers to straight questions” but hoped for a “constructive engagement between the Jewish community and the leader of the opposition”.

He added: “It’s unfair to pre-judge before we have spoken. [Corbyn] may be considering afresh some of his views now he’s in such a senior and responsible position. He no longer has the luxury of being a lone dissenting backbencher. But that doesn’t mean I’m naive or prepared to be soft on concerns and issues raised by the Jewish community.”

jews are after him now.

he wont make it to the election im afraid.