Brexit Spinoff: Pound Slump and Economy

Supermalt

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom

?? The majority of UK press is center right/tory and almost all of them are conservative even the labour party backers... so a neutral media outlet like BBC must seem like communism its so left to these clueless politcal warriors 

Historically BBC has been accused of being left wing/right wing by those on eitherside 

• Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

Thing is though 

I locked that guy off 

as a society we al lock them off 

That's a big part of the reason why 2016 happened

We must do better prople

charlagmane the God for president

I'm still drunk af

Isn't this what the brexit vote was about?

Ignoring others opinions? When will the liberals learn to stop thinking its all about them and their opinions only.....

• Upvote 1

Did you spit your dummy out and call him racist when you couldn't win an argument with him by any chance before locking him off? It's the majority that feel this way, hence Brexit, hence Trump. Common sense been winning the day in 2016. We have years of grooming in schools and uni's that needs reversing though.

• Downvote 3

Haha. If we listen to the average Joe they will probably bring back hanging and people will be getting their hands chopped off for stealing. Reactionary idiots lol. Fundamental flaw with democracies and probs why political elites look down on the people dem lol

• Upvote 3

Man said common sense is winning in 2016 :rofl:

• Upvote 8

53 minutes ago, ag. said:

Haha. If we listen to the average Joe they will probably bring back hanging and people will be getting their hands chopped off for stealing. Reactionary idiots lol. Fundamental flaw with democracies and probs why political elites look down on the people dem lol

Kinda rich coming from guys who invite all those over here who still use and love them kinda laws and want them implemented in the West. Clever guys you lot.

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Gambino said:

Did you spit your dummy out and call him racist when you couldn't win an argument with him by any chance before locking him off? It's the majority that feel this way, hence Brexit, hence Trump. Common sense been winning the day in 2016. We have years of grooming in schools and uni's that needs reversing though.

Wrong. There are a lot of alt right white nationalist idiots crawling out of the swamp. Think of it as a portion of non voters are now politically active still a majority non voters don't give a fuck.

Austria defeated the far-right Norbert Hofer – finally, some hope for Europe

Julia Ebner https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/05/defeat-austria-far-right-norbert-hofer-hope-europe

Austria’s rejection of far-right presidential candidate Norbert Hofer is a rare high note in 2016. Unlike the Brexit referendum and the US elections, this vote was not just a choice between the status quo and change, or the establishment and the fringes. Mainstream politicians had already been eliminated in the first round, leaving only outsiders in the game: a xenophobic gun enthusiast and a green party-backed professor. It was a runoff between greed and solidarity, hatred and empathy, and, potentially war and peace.

The victory of the left-leaning Alexander Van der Bellen has provided many Europhiles with hope for the continent’s future. All across Europe, liberals have celebrated it as a sign that not all countries are turning their backs on rationality and progress. Some have even read it as a positive omen for the 2017 elections in Germany and France.

Yes, there is reason for optimism – but optimism within reason. After all, 46% of Austria’s votes went to a man whose party was partly founded by Nazis with a record of antisemitism and an agenda of anti-Muslim bigotry. The sheer fact that a country in the heart of Europe was so close to electing Europe’s first far-right head of state since the second world war is deeply unsettling.

Alexander Van der Bellen celebrates with supporters.

:!:

That's one far right bullet dodged

Now europe runs the gauntlet of  Netherlands - Geert Wilders, France - Marine Le Pen, and then Germany - Frauke.

A dodged bullet maybe but have these countries finished firing shots? Probably not, the right is rising not declining. 

Anyone hear about the High Ranking EU Officials daughter being raped and murdered by an Afghan Migrant in Germany? Wonder if he's still overjoyed by the open door policies.

I'm wondering who exactly these guys in Parliament think they are speaking for. "Overwhelming Evidence people do not want a hard Brexit".... Actually we do. I'm betting the Leave Vote would of grown due to all this crap going on as well. One of Britains top historians that signed Camerons letter about keeping us in the EU said he made a mistake and was wrong on Brexit + should of backed Leave.

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Gambino said:

I'm wondering who exactly these guys in Parliament think they are speaking for. "Overwhelming Evidence people do not want a hard Brexit".... Actually we do. I'm betting the Leave Vote would of grown due to all this crap going on as well. One of Britains top historians that signed Camerons letter about keeping us in the EU said he made a mistake and was wrong on Brexit + should of backed Leave.

So you want a hard brexit and you want access to the single market.

Make your mind up fella.

• Downvote 1

@ag. Must be of some significance for his opinion to be asked to sign Camerons letter in the first place and now be plastered all over the news for changing his mind.... MMHMM did the penny drop?

@FA23 My mind is made up but nice try....... I'm happy to trade with the EU same way we can go do with any other country in the world. I don't wanna be paying their membership fee's or accepting their rules on this that and the other. We don't need to roll over for them, in fact it's all your bitch boys in the remain camp making negotiations harder looking like weak beggers to being part of the Union.

• Downvote 3

the govt are saying parliament dont need to vote again to agree on anything. the court case is to decide if the govt already have the mandate to agree everything without consent from parliament. or whether some things need to be voted on through parliament. 

37 minutes ago, Seydou said:

Someone explain to me.

If the parliament all voted for the Brexit to start in March, what is the point of this court case going on?

It ain't about if Brexit is happening but how...which is also redundant because the eu will determine that anyway lol. 

Brexit vote was to empower Britain but ended up in the most powerless position ever. 

Not sure why you guys love to act like the EU are this all powerful entity and decide our fates now, they couldn't even stop us deciding to leave so how you think they are gonna call the shots now is beyond me.

It would be a lot easier to negotiate deals too if we didn't have so many bitch ass sell outs doing their bidding for them trying to cause problems here in parliament. They should be begging us for a deal the amount they sell here. Not to worry, the whole thing is on course to crumble still, my glass needs a liberal tear top up.