Hot Summer: 2017 Transfer window edition

Admin.

'MORATA PUT OFF SPURS BY KANE'

Mauricio Pochettino has revealed Alvaro Morata turned downTottenham because he feared playing back-up to Harry Kane.

Morata joined Chelsea from Real Madrid last month for a fee that could rise to £70m, two years after Pochettino attempted to sign the Spain international for Spurs.

Pochettino has now claimed the new Blues recruit, who has been told by Antonio Conte that he needs to improve his physical condition to break into the Chelsea team, rejected his offer over concerns about playing second fiddle to Kane.

"Morata talked about myself, in the media he said 'Mauricio called me'. That was two years ago or more," Pochettino said. "He said to me: 'Why do you want me if you have Harry Kane?' You know, if you go to try to sign a striker, they will say: 'Eh gaffer, you want me for what? To be on the bench? I can't compete with Harry Kane or Hugo Lloris or different players.'

"It's so difficult to convince good players to come and then be on the bench. Then the problems start."

:rofl: 

1 minute ago, Mephisto said:

Why don't you man sign someone & stop making excuses

Worse than Arsene

Levy got the wallet closed

POCH: SPURS MUST BUY

Tottenham will not compete for the Premier League title unless they sign players to rival Harry Kane and Dele Alli, says Mauricio Pochettino.

Spurs are yet to bring in any signings this summer after finishing runners up to champions Chelsea last season, but have seen Kyle Walker leave for Manchester City - who finished third - for £50m. Pochettino has already admitted Spurs cannot match the record fees being spent by the teams who finished around them in the 2016-17 campaign, but insists the performances of his side's best players will suffer if the club do not bring in players that can force them to raise their game.

"How have Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and different clubs tried to improve their season?" Pochettino said. "Bringing players and trying to put more pressure on their star players, their key players - and for us we need to do that too. Right, now [I hear] we need to win some trophies, no? That is good, the pressure. I think it's important to understand now that we need to be clever how we manage the expectation and how we need to put pressure on our own players.

“We understand that Dele Alli, Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen, (Eric) Dier, (Toby) Alderweireld are really good players. They want to win but need to feel the pressure a little bit to improve every season. If there's no competition in behind it's normal to drop your motivation, it's normal to drop everything that you do. And then it's difficult to win."

Matías Vecino - Inter Milan (reportedly €24 million)

Burak Yilmaz - Trabzonspor (€4 million plus €1.5m upon Europa League qualification)

Felipe Caicedo - Lazio (reportedly €2.5 million)

Assane Dioussé - Saint Etienne (reportedly €5 million)

Adama Diakhaby - Monaco (reportedly €10 million)

Mircea Lucescu - Turkey (Head Coach)

Simon Kjaer - Sevilla (reportedly €13 million)

• Like 1

Emre Mor > Inter £1.8m

loan £8m option to buy after 2 years