Real talk... Anyone here been looking for a job?

2deal2

exactly it's like why even bother?Im only just starting my degree in fashion this sept so fingers crossed with enough experience, in three years time the recession should be over.I pray to God it's over. Or there's not a chance I'll get a job in that industry. It's most def hook ups for those kinda positions

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at this guy tho proper suited up and came up to me and asked'excuse me sir, do you have any vacancies available within your store' bare polite and tingi said nohe said thanks anyways then walks away....5 minutes later the same guy comes back to me and goes,'oi bossman u got these in a size 8?'

lol at this guy tho proper suited up and came up to me and asked'excuse me sir, do you have any vacancies available within your store' bare polite and tingi said nohe said thanks anyways then walks away....5 minutes later the same guy comes back to me and goes,'oi bossman u got these in a size 8?'
lmao @ coming into Size with a suit on

This whole work thing's got me worried. I've got a job but there's a good chance that I'll be going to university in Portsmouth this year. I work 20 hours a week, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If I do go to Pompey, I was planning on staying with my job and travelling to London every weekend then going back to Pompey on the Monday morning. Everyone's saying it'll be too tiring for me and the travel expenses will kill me but I can't imagine having to live on a student loan alone, I need my extra cash. Hopefully I can get transferred or something along those lines.

LMAO/ looking for a job can only do retail cause aint got no experience etc

The job search is long. Especially if you don't know anyone that can hook you up. It is pretty much a thing of luck nowadays.But also, handing out CVs on road isn't as bad as I thought. Do it relatively early like 11am, wear a shirt, jeans and decent footwear and just be polite. Though nuff places said they don't have vacancies, I had a couple places that said they would put in a good word for me if vacancies popped up. Sheerly through being amiable, polite and presentable. Also, if you are decent looking and are dealing with the opposite sex, make sure you give them the eyes and winning smile. The some chicks in certain shops were proper grinning telling me good words would be put in made me feel good.Also people should use Reed. Have a strong covering letter and CV and you may hear from somewhere. Well, I was fortunate to get a call the next day but if it happened for me it can happen for others.
Good advice, especially about dressing smart when handing out CvsAs for Reed, it got me my first 3 office-based jobs back in 2002-2004. After then it seems to have gone downhill?

This whole work thing's got me worried. I've got a job but there's a good chance that I'll be going to university in Portsmouth this year. I work 20 hours a week, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If I do go to Pompey, I was planning on staying with my job and travelling to London every weekend then going back to Pompey on the Monday morning. Everyone's saying it'll be too tiring for me and the travel expenses will kill me but I can't imagine having to live on a student loan alone, I need my extra cash. Hopefully I can get transferred or something along those lines.
Wouldn't really receommend it darg.Portsmouth is like an hour and a half or more by train. That trip will get tiring and it will hit your finances in a bad way before you get paid. Just be smart with your student loan and only buy what you need and bung some in the savings. I used to throw £500 of every payment into the savings and boy along with money here and there I had my money for a car within a year (right now I wish I still had the money though).

Guest haze-e

Brighthouse is looking for work atm. Lewisham, Dartford, Peckham, Ele and Castle from what i know of. Not sure where else. Couple stores still.

@ Streets...I'd say now, more than ever, it really IS about the hook-up in regards to media jobs...
definately networking ftw. Its kinda pissed tho cause the media industry is very cliquey they love to hire internally or among their friends, peops that have no creative vision but thought the job would be a laugh/easy.

Guest Lisa Turtle
Know what, I try to move as if this recession doesn't exist.Mr. Q put me on this book called 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. It's about having a positive mentality & trying to achieve things out of SHEER willpower.I recommend it. I just got a job with Orange actually man, I'm pleased.
Ahhh Congratulations!Drinks on you then?!/I'm going back to retail because I've got a leg up, working for RBS is depressing as f*ck atm.Also there are retail jobs out there, I've noticed shed loads of shops are employing now, you just need to be positive.

Know what, I try to move as if this recession doesn't exist.Mr. Q put me on this book called 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho. It's about having a positive mentality & trying to achieve things out of SHEER willpower.I recommend it. I just got a job with Orange actually man, I'm pleased.
Ahhh Congratulations!Drinks on you then?!/I'm going back to retail because I've got a leg in, working for RBS is depressing as f*ck atm.
Lol, yeah, let's wait till that first payslip drops & we'll substitute that vodka & coke for a Ribena.../Yeah, I'm boycotting 'Ye tomorrow. Ain't got the money for a concert I won't enjoy. Lol, got one girl who bought a ticket thinking I'm going. Dreading dropping the news to her...

even tho its tempting at these times do not lie/fabricate the truth on ur cvi(f ur goin for a job within a big co. etc that will do there checks prop)i got a job in banking nd nearly lost out due to a few discrepencies on my cvthey check everything nd u must account for it

im looking for some kind of office/ admin kind of job, working evenings and nights isnt good got an interview this week for a position at the student loans company, and an interview next month at a media company which is worth 21k a year so id love to get it, but its a long shot

even tho its tempting at these times do not lie/fabricate the truth on ur cvi(f ur goin for a job within a big co. etc that will do there checks prop)i got a job in banking nd nearly lost out due to a few discrepencies on my cvthey check everything nd u must account for it
How did you get your job? Through agency?

How did you get your job? Through agency?
yh austin andrews is the name of themi put my cv on bare websites they called me

Guest Lisa Turtle
Ahhh Congratulations!Drinks on you then?!/I'm going back to retail because I've got a leg in, working for RBS is depressing as f*ck atm.
Lol, yeah, let's wait till that first payslip drops & we'll substitute that vodka & coke for a Ribena.../Yeah, I'm boycotting 'Ye tomorrow. Ain't got the money for a concert I won't enjoy. Lol, got one girl who bought a ticket thinking I'm going. Dreading dropping the news to her...
LOLI prefer vimto ftr, but I'm keeping you to that/I see. Thought you would reach since Weezy the weasel cancelled.