The OXLADE Appreciation Thread

CarltonLeach

In the Emirates Early Learning Centre, the term "too early" is a myth. Cos if Jenkinson is ready to be playing right-back for the next 3 months, then Chamberlain is more than ready.

If I had a choice between him at right back and S13 in goal, or Sagna at right back and Almunia in goal, I'd welcome Almunia with open arms.

It upsets me deeply knowing he's our RB til the window opens again, by then, the boy's confidence and career could be in shreds.

In the Emirates Early Learning Centre, the term "too early" is a myth. Cos if Jenkinson is ready to be playing right-back for the next 3 months, then Chamberlain is more than ready.

If I had a choice between him at right back and S13 in goal, or Sagna at right back and Almunia in goal, I'd welcome Almunia with open arms.

It upsets me deeply knowing he's our RB til the window opens again, by then, the boy's confidence and career could be in shreds.

As much as this upsets me, I'd probably welcome Almunia too :/

Or he will step up :Y:

Which is what I think (Hope) will happen

Jenkinson got thrown in at the deep end, kid was playing non-league football a year ago. Its a massive step up from that to this, the quality is far superior, going to give him time before I say he is well and truly shit, times he has out of place but is just so raw and green.

Kid doesn't have that pace to deal with speed merchants, he'll get ripped a new one but he just needs to learn the basics at this level.

when does his contract run out?

if you lot are a mid table side by then id happily take him

• Downvote 1

Swear Le Coq can play RB

Djourou if fit must be 1st choice RB imo "Clamity Carl" has shown us atm he is not ready for the job

He made his debut for us there, but it aint his position.

I said make Djouorou back up RB, then Blackburn game happened and now I just want him to be 4th choice.

“I think it is more down to Jenkinson because [Francis] Coquelin has never been at ease as a right back,” Wenger told Arsenal Player. “He is not somebody who likes to play at right back and his confidence is not high there.

“We have Jenkinson and we have Koscielny who has been educated as a right back. Djourou can play there too. Koscielny was always a right back, so he can play there.

“Even Santos can play there I think so we have plenty of possibilities.”