The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

There's been at least a handful of times this season where having Anderson or Fletcher in the squad could've been a difference between us winning and dropping points.

e.g. Everton @ home. We're winning 4-2 but out numbered in midfield. Even things up by subbing a striker for Fletcher. His pressing helps us keep possession, we calm things down and see out the game.

lol, the way my man asked the question was as if we didn't just lose the tittle on the last day of the season by goal difference with practically the last kick of the game,

there was no massive points gap for Anderson and Fletcher to help close, if we had drew at Wigan instead of losing we would've won the tittle even with the defeat to City, simple really

if someone thinks Anderson or even Fletcher let alone both couldn't of contributed to us doing that, then i think we might be talking about completely different players

A match fit Anderson in a midfield 3 with Carrick and Cleverley or Carrick and Scholes would've been better than some of the midfields we've put out this season especially a few times when we've played guys like Park, Giggs and Rafael there.

Park was like bambi on ice vs City away. Now I'm not saying swap him for Anderson and he would've won but Rooney would've probably got some better service that night and maybe we would've at least had a shot on goal.

City beating us wasn't out of the norm or unexpected when you take in consideration the teams and squads,

i for one expected to lose that,

at the start of both the Wigan and once we had scored the 4th against Everton, the tittle should've been won and we were rightly clear favourites, Relying on a one of game against City is a mugs game, Beating Everton and wigan would've given us the tittle, hell a draw against Wigan would've given us the title,

by the start of the City game, they were clear favourites again and rightly so, they had the momentum, the better team, and form. The tittle was lost the previous weekend/fortnight

Tbf if Vidic was fit United could well have won it

But if's and but's don't really mean anything, the most important thing for the club is that SAF/the board don't use only losing on goal difference as an excuse to not make 1 or 2 long overdue signings

the Vidic thing is a no brainer, the more i think of the season the more i'm amazed were still in with a shout at the 94th minute on the last day, and people are questioning whether 2 players who are valuable and significant members of our squad would've made a difference over the course of the season, or even in the last month,

lol

• Upvote 1

WOW, a hat-trick in the great league that is the SPL against the mighty St. Johnstone

Let's hope Fergie acts quickly before its too late 8-)

Man can only murk what's infront of him alie?

Ain't that how everyone moves on a level?

But the majority of the guys you gas up are at the level they was destined to be at

Where is Beckford, Giles Barnes, Ephraim, Hoyte, Carlos 'best right winger in Europe' Edwards and all the other ex t-shirt customers that were supposed to be on fire in the premiership by now?

• Upvote 7

WOW, a hat-trick in the great league that is the SPL against the mighty St. Johnstone

Let's hope Fergie acts quickly before its too late 8-)

Man can only murk what's infront of him alie?

Ain't that how everyone moves on a level?

But the majority of the guys you gas up are at the level they was destined to be at

Where is Beckford, Giles Barnes, Ephraim, Hoyte, Carlos 'best right winger in Europe' Edwards and all the other ex t-shirt customers that were supposed to be on fire in the premiership by now?

lol there are plenty of man I dealt with that are playing Premiership b, I don't just say a mans name cos I deal with them, I say a mans name if I rate them.

Beckford proved he is Premiership quality with some outstanding goals and against established Prem teams, Liverpool, both Chelsea games, Sunderland etc...

Beckford should be a Prem striker now, he could very well be again this summer, his attitude at times maybe has held him back.

Giles Barnes had all the talent in the world but a mixture of gas and bad fortune saw him rotting in Fulham reserves when he shoulda been kicking ball.

Ephraim, don't remember saying too much about him tbh, guys got talent just needs more of a chance.

Gavin Hoyte should have got more of a chance at Arsenal, I am actually tighter with his brother Justin and I think Justin is pie/ have NEVER said anything in his favour so you know it ain't a bias ting.

Carlos Edwards had the potential to do big things but got injured on a magnificent run against Birms, took on bare players for the assist and was injured for literally the whole season, didn't come back the same.

Circumstances dictate alot in a mans future, sometime it ain't always about talent.

3 names who I have been advocating for time, Lallana, Sigurdsson and Adam Le Fondre, you will see them all 3 in the Prem next season.

Isn't Lee Cook supposed to be England's left mid by now? And is Marlon King still good enough to play for a top 6 club?

Furthermore its cool if you don't rate Welbeck now. Don't want him to fall under your curse.

• Upvote 4