The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

It's official trust me. Pogbas gone. From what I'm hearing united offered him he's right to go. I'm offended united are so short sighted and slightly pissed off

Kagawa looks class

hopefully we're not having our usual 'look' at a player then turning around and saying there's 'no value'

and hopefully if he does come SAF doesn't try and turn him into a winger or summin, but knowing SAF he's probably there watching a keeper or a centre back :lol:

Manchester United star Rio Ferdinand has opened talks over a new contract but is on collision course with the club after being asked to take a £50,000-a-week pay cut.

Ferdinand’s current deal runs until June 2013 but Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to offer him a new one-year rolling deal with a view to to the 33-year-old staying at Old Trafford until at least 2014.

But the club’s owners, the Glazer family, have indicated during early dialogue that they want Ferdinand to accept a huge decrease on his current £120,000-a-week salary before bonuses.

Ferdinand is aware of interest from America, Russia and China and while his preference would be to stay at United, he wants a deal that reflects his value to the team.

Discussions over a new deal for the England international are likely to be protracted but the club’s medical staff believe he can play at the top level until he is 35.

Ferdinand has made 37 appearances in all competitions for United this season, proving he is able to handle his much-publicised back problem. He is likely to start the club’s final game of the season against Sunderland on Sunday having produced impressive performances having adapted his game as he has started to dip physically.

what a shame, Club legend and all that,

The way he got his head down and repayed the club and fans after his stupid drug ban was a credit to a man worthy of godly praise, (vomits)

Red Issue mentioned earlier in the season that there was talk about him being ushered either out the door or down onto lower wages, didn't actually believe it though, dunno how much Berbatov is on, but if the two of them end up on their way out, it could free up wages for reinforcements,

incidently there was also talk about Fletcher being in the same boat as camel face, Hope one of these stories is completely false.

bit of perspective, worse things have happened in football i guess....

Juve getting relegated amid a fixing scandal

Bayern losing to us in the last minute in 1999

Arsenal not winning anything in 7 years even though they have some of the most technically gifted players in the league

Liverpool's implosion post Benitez

us getting humiliated in the Champions League final 2009

humiliated again in the CL final in 2011

no shots on goal in a title decider against our local rivals

i can go on and on

i just hope now we respond in the right way and address some of our shortcomings, because as much as i complain i honestly think we're only 2 or 3 players away from being back to our frightening best

but as long as SAF keeps trying to pull the wool over our eyes by insisting this squad is good enough to mount 3 major cup challenges we will always fall short

theres no chance of the Glazers getting moved on either so thats a non discussion at this point imo (its hurts) and considering we're still paying reasonable money in the transfer market for the likes of Smalling, Young and Jones, there's obviously some money there, it just needs to be used better

no doubt the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea will invest heavily next season not to mention Citeh so if there was ever a time to 'respond' it would be now

so roll on the summer transfer window, lets get the right players in and get back to the United of old

Personally I think we are only 1 central defender and 1 central midfielder away from beng a force again and with berba leaving possibly another striker. This united squad is a lot better than people think it is.

Agreed, the right defender and right midfielder and we could be fine.

Also Fanta if your saying that losing those CL final's to Barca is worse than losing the league to city after being 8 points clear a while ago, boy I dunno.

Also surely losing the league is worse than getting beat 6-1

So what if Juve got relegated, they were guilty of match fixing.

In fact none of the things you mentioned are as bad as losing a league to your closest rivals like that,

Also, transfer funds have never and will never be a problem. It's the long term commitment in the way of wages that we have problems with.

To lose the league on goal difference is a bit sickening, to lose it to City makes it worse, but on a more positive note, I'm not sure how much better City can get whereas we haven't had a good season at all tbh.

Hopefully we get Vidic Anderson and Fletcher back for the new season,

Sign a left back, a Defensive/dynamic midfielder and an attacking creative one and we'll be set for next season,

im just trying to put a bit of hope/silver linning on the whole debacle tbh - im well aware of how monumental of a fuck this season has been

wallowing in self pity is neither constructive or beneficial, especially for me :lol:

on the subject of signings;

i think we need two quality CM's preferably a DM and a conventional #10

maybe some cover/comp for Rafa and Evra - i dont really wanna see Jones play RB anymore, would prefer if he got more game time @ CB and i def dont wanna see him in midfield either until he improves his passing game and general positioning

oh and we might need to look at our forwards to with Owen a crook (injury wise) and Berbs surplus to requirements, we'll need another option to come off the bench or to satisfy SAF's rotation policy - wouldn't mind one of the kids getting a promotion to that role, preferably Will Keane but thats unlikely with SAF coming out and saying most of the kids will be loaned out

but theres alot of concern for me still in that squad and i honestly dont think its as good as some of you are making out, especially if we're looking to challenge in the league, fa cup and champions league

Are you man telling me, you woulda won the title with Fletcher and Anderson?

don't think anyones saying that, Everyones admitted that we're a few players short, However i reckon a reasoned debate/argument could be had to say that seeing as we only lost on goal difference by a last minute goal, Having the Anderson fit and in the for that he started the season with and a fully fit Fletcher is surely worth a few more points,

especially considering the Midfield we started against Blackburn around New Years for example,

a few signings along with the return to fitness of those two will see us in a good shape, now obviously City might go out and spend bucket loads this summer and that may change the climate again, but taking into account the injuries we've had and the fact that we pretty much haven't played well all season, to lose the tittle only on goal difference to that City team is something,

its not like we got blown out of the water and City wrapped it up in March.