The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

this outrage that Scholes is staying for another year is pretty stupid tbh,

being negative towards that news only makes sense if thats the excuse used for us not adding to the CM area. Scholes has performed very well this being brought in and he definitely can go on for another season at least.

really don't see why anyone would react negativly to it at this stage,

as for this whole "get rid of the older brigade" as stated before we have a very young squad generally, if we had more seasoned pro's and natural leaders aroung the first 11 the likelihood of the likes of Pogba being blooded would've been higher,

i've said it before, look at our first 11 when the fledglings came through.

Danish blole Captain

Parker

Pallister Captain

Bruce Captain

Irwin Captain

Kanchelskis

Keane Captain

Ince Captain

Sharpe

Hughes Captain

Cantona Captain

8 of that 11 are potential captains in any brittish team, and can assist in the blooding of young player,

how many do we have in the first 11 right now? to help the reserve teamers come on in games? coz in all due respect to the guy, this season we've had Patrice Evra as captain.

Rio had it taken of him due to injuries, Or possibly due to his stupid decision making regarding his extra curricular activities, notably the xmas party a few years back

Rooney, is a dodgy one himself,

Carrick is a bit quiet tbh, and doesn't seem to have that sort of personality,

where is the bullet proof buffer for these young guys?

in the team m entioned above Fergie had countless people he could rely on to look after the kids, both people who can lead by example on the pitch and bring them on vocally, i didn't even mention The likes of Mcclair and robson who were coming to the end of their careers and on the bench, but could offer assitance in training.

in that respect in our squad today, players like Giggs and Scholes are needed in and around the playing squad. There is a reason for fergies reticence in bringing these player on and dropping them into the deep end. It is the players around them

getting rid of the older players outright would actually hinder not bring on the young talents development

As much as I hear what your saying our abundance of experience didn't earn us a shot on target against city the other week. I agree that the startlets need guidance but that is a job for the coaching staff and loan spells. It can't come at a detriment to our performances. We should be picking starting elevens considering form and ability over nostalgia. Remember that for every place a legend takes there is one less for a startlet could that be hindering their progression? Is that not why the fans are eager to see guys like Pogba playing at a higher level. I dont actually want any of them out but I'm afraid that this...

being negative towards that news only makes sense if thats the excuse used for us not adding to the CM area.

Will be the case.

People want to see Pogba due to his performances in the youth team and the media attention around him,

watching the youth team over the course of the season, it's not out of place to suggest that he has not been the stand-out man.

we didn't get a shot on target against City because we're not as good as them, Simply. Pogba wouldn't have changed that, it can't be understated how underwhelming he was against Palace, and that as well as the contract saga couldn't have done his case much good in reality.

the bridge between us and City and the replacements for the experienced and seasoned guys come by way of the transfer market, the gap is a lot bigger than what it was between us and Blackburn, and can't been remidied with a flock of youth teamers imo,

Pogba needs to be playing on loan either in the Championship or possibly lower in the league, same with petrucci tbh,

we buck up in a Champions league final this time next year, the better option to have in Midfield will undoubtedly be Paul Scholes, thats whgy he was offered a new deal,

pogba's time will come, hopefully for us if not elsewhere, however his time is not now, and i see no one in that youth team/reservce team to improve the first team. (yet, it will come)

so your right about loan deals, if we want players to make way for the likes of Pogba, it needs to be the likes of Park, and i hate to say it possibly Anderson who's injuries have hindered him, not Paul Scholes, as he is still better than the both of them.

Giggs is an option, but he is still capable of pulling of big things at crucial times, again more so than Park and Anderson,

if you made a league table of our CM's paul Scholes would still come out on top, that is not good news by any stretch but its reality, so him staying on for another year should be good news, its the guys at the bottom that need to be cut, not the guys at the top.

Being ruthess for ruthless sake makes no sense, are squad is stronger for having Scholes in it, simple as that really.

being negative towards that news only makes sense if thats the excuse used for us not adding to the CM area.

Will be the case.

as for this we will see, i've nailed my colours to the mast that says this summer will be one of appeasing the fans

by way of signings,

2/3/ possibly 4 significant ones. with a few higher earners going, as well as the obligotory "who knows" signing.

The board have already chosen to freeze ticket prices,

then a float in singapore in the Autumn/early winter,

quiet January as usual,

quiet summer, relative to the previous two.

a increase in season ticket prices, with the increased wage budget used as an excuse against protests by fans.

The Glazers have been very smart and methodical in the way they've done things, this in my opinion is the next step. out of all that the only thing that i think could be in question is the float, as that depends on how much money they can get, it may be more finacially beneficial to hold on for a bit longer.

You have it slightly twisted I'm not suggesting Pogba as a replacement for Scholes, I'm saying that we should avoid keeping any og player to benefit a yg in the squad. The bridge gapping at first I thought would be inevitable, as a silver lining in City winning the title if you like. I'm starting to come down to the reality that we will probably make a knee jerk signing though. We'll see.

I hear you, but Scholes isn't being kept to benefit the young players, he's being kept because he's arguably still the best we've got.

its not people like Scholes who are really in Pogba's way, its the likes of Park who is now pretty redundant but still gets a decent ammount of minutes that are in Pogba's way, as their contribution could be similar at this point.

my confusion came when people reacted to Scholes signing a new deal negativly, i personally don't think Scholes signing will hinder are movement s in the summer, (whether its used as an excuse or not is another matter) what will hinder us in the summer are bidding wars and players wanting more than we're willing/able to give,

I hear you, but Scholes isn't being kept to benefit the young players, he's being kept because he's arguably still the best we've got.

its not people like Scholes who are really in Pogba's way, its the likes of Park who is now pretty redundant but still gets a decent ammount of minutes that are in Pogba's way, as their contribution could be similar at this point.

my confusion came when people reacted to Scholes signing a new deal negativly, i personally don't think Scholes signing will hinder are movement s in the summer, (whether its used as an excuse or not is another matter) what will hinder us in the summer are bidding wars and players wanting more than we're willing/able to give,

This.

The French starlet has been trying to choose between a new United contract and a move to Juventus for some time but last night his agent, Mino Raiola, revealed he is set to leave.

‘As things stand now it is more likely that he goes away from Manchester,’ Raiola said.

It seems Ferguson has done everything he could to keep the 19-year-old.

‘I can only say that, from my point of view, Sir Alex Ferguson is top of the world,’ Raiola said. ‘If Pogba leaves Manchester it is not because of Ferguson. If Ferguson had not been there, he (Pogba) would have left already.

‘Even in our discussions, hearing from him has been amazing and fascinating. He captures like no other manager the essence of football. My opinion is not far away from how Paul thinks of him.’

Pogba will be the second highly rated youngster to leave United this year after Ravel Morrison left for West Ham in January.

The separation of Shinji Kagawa and Borussia Dortmund appears to be a done deal. As was announced on Monday, the strong Japanese dribbling his current contract until 2013 at the Double-winners will definitely not be extended. Sporting director Michael Zorc confirmed that BVB will now deal with any offers for Kagawa. And this could very soon flutter into the house - Kagawa made on Monday evening on the way to Manchester.

"I had an appointment Monday morning with his advisers - Shinji Kagawa has let them tell us that he will not renew his contract with us definitely," said Zorc against the Bild newspaper.

Thus the last spark of hope in the black and yellow in terms of retention was due to a crowd favorite who has brought in all competitions last season as a midfielder on 17 goals and 13 templates expired. The chances of Kagawa his contract expiring in 2013 were still extended, but in any case only located in the lower single digits.

Now the BVB has apparently assured. "If you come now offers for Kagawa, we will deal with it and negotiate," announced Zorc on how to proceed. Long it would take not well, bored Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson at the Dortmund Cup victory (5-2) on Saturday at Berlin's Olympic Stadium - and he may have fallen, which has commanded the lively Kagawa (kicker Rating: 1) .

Together with his assistant Thomas Kroth Kagawa flew to England on Monday night. Goal: Manchester! A change to the Red Devils probably seems more likely. Or does it have a rival into the action? Manchester United is considered the greatest prospect for Kagawa, however, the 23-year-old is also on the wish list of other English top clubs. The Arsenal, which focuses on the German international Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski, under contract, will also have its tentacles stretched out.

Financially, it would be worthwhile for the Wesphalia. Kagawa came in 2010 for 350,000 € from Cerezo Osaka and Dortmund will not leave well under 15 million euros. That would be the 43-times the amount actually paid by the BVB for him.

Even if the departure is more likely, it would be painful for both sides. "Shinji, it is apparently difficult to leave the club," said Mats Hummels. "It would be sad if he goes," said BVB captain Sebastian Kehl, "but it is to accept that footballers from time to time for a new challenge."

Coach Jürgen Klopp would regret a change of the Japanese also showed last but also understanding. "We can not hide Shinji's childhood and his Japanese culture. There, where Shinji was coined, is one of our league nothing. There is the English league all," had Klopp in an interview with the "Sueddeutsche Zeitung", the magic, which the Premier League to exert Kagawa says.

Source: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/569033/artikel_kagawa_abflug-nach-manchester.html

15/05/2012 12:30, Report by Gemma Thompson

Strong United squad in Belfast

Sir Alex Ferguson has taken a strong Manchester United squad to Belfast for tonight's Harry Gregg Testimonial.

The likes of Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes are all on the 19-man list, while the boss has also included a couple of young defenders with both Luke Giverin and Michele Fornasier travelling.

The Reds will take on an Irish League Select XI, managed by Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill, at Windsor Park in honour of former United goalkeeper Gregg. Kick-off this evening is at 19:30 BST and you can follow all the action live on MUTV from 19:00 BST.

Squad: Amos, Lindegaard; Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Jones, Giverin, Fornasier; Giggs, Young, Park, Scholes, Cleverley, Valencia, Nani; Rooney, Chicharito, Owen, Berbatov.

this outrage that Scholes is staying for another year is pretty stupid tbh,

being negative towards that news only makes sense if thats the excuse used for us not adding to the CM area. Scholes has performed very well this being brought in and he definitely can go on for another season at least.

really don't see why anyone would react negativly to it at this stage,

as for this whole "get rid of the older brigade" as stated before we have a very young squad generally, if we had more seasoned pro's and natural leaders aroung the first 11 the likelihood of the likes of Pogba being blooded would've been higher,

i've said it before, look at our first 11 when the fledglings came through.

Danish blole Captain

Parker

Pallister Captain

Bruce Captain

Irwin Captain

Kanchelskis

Keane Captain

Ince Captain

Sharpe

Hughes Captain

Cantona Captain

8 of that 11 are potential captains in any brittish team, and can assist in the blooding of young player,

how many do we have in the first 11 right now? to help the reserve teamers come on in games? coz in all due respect to the guy, this season we've had Patrice Evra as captain.

Rio had it taken of him due to injuries, Or possibly due to his stupid decision making regarding his extra curricular activities, notably the xmas party a few years back

Rooney, is a dodgy one himself,

Carrick is a bit quiet tbh, and doesn't seem to have that sort of personality,

where is the bullet proof buffer for these young guys?

in the team m entioned above Fergie had countless people he could rely on to look after the kids, both people who can lead by example on the pitch and bring them on vocally, i didn't even mention The likes of Mcclair and robson who were coming to the end of their careers and on the bench, but could offer assitance in training.

in that respect in our squad today, players like Giggs and Scholes are needed in and around the playing squad. There is a reason for fergies reticence in bringing these player on and dropping them into the deep end. It is the players around them

getting rid of the older players outright would actually hinder not bring on the young talents development

Even if all that is true whose fault is that bro?

Mine?

It's Fergie's fault either way, he should have a team by now which is capable to bring youngsters in, you should always have a team capable of blooding youngsters.

I don't buy that as an excuse anyway but just saying, if Pogba had been given games then he would possibly be ready for the new season.

Sometime you have to forsake a Championship for the long term, thing is we didn't win the Championship anyway and now the youngsters ain't ready either so double fucking loss.

Forsake a championship in a race against local rivals to help bring in a player who won't commit his future.

Hmmm,

I'll say it again, the boys got massive potential, but he hasn't by any means set the reserve league on fire, by any means.

In the current climate there are no teams challenging for the tittle who are capable of blooding youngsters,

But anyway, I've made the point, I'm not even gonna continue with it, coz a lot of what I say on here makes ut look like I'm a supporter of Fergie and it makes me a little sick tbh

Forsake a championship in a race against local rivals to help bring in a player who won't commit his future.

This rivalry thing is pride and pride is dangerous.

We should be worrying about us not Man City, Man City are not looking to the future, we should always look to the future, look at when we blooded Beckham and Scholes that season and Hansen said you don't win anything with kids when we got battered by Villa.

I don't truly believe Ferguson thought he was certain to win the league that season and even less so after the 1st game but it was something that had to be done to take the club forward and it paid dividends in the end, it paid dividends quicker than expected actually.

This is what we should be doing now, it won't even be as extreme now because 5/6 kids won't be getting the nod at once.

And you are forgetting something, Pogba won't commit because of the lack of action.

Had he got that action and been made to feel like an important member of the team the situation wouldn't be where it currently is.

yes rivalry is an irrelevance, Rolls eyes,

football was a different beast when we blooded the fledglings, and we were competeing against Blackburn and a Newcastle team who were different to the threat city posses

i agree with the planning for the future thing but football is a little different and in players minds they don't care about the future, they only see clubs being relevent if they are doing things here and now,

LOL at not worrying about at Looking at city, Fergie's success was built on him chasing Liverpool success and basing that as the foundation of our dominance.

city don't even have to plan for the future like we do due to the financial strength behind them.

as for Pride being dangerous, i reckon pride has been used as the basis as for some of our biggest successes over the last 2 decades. pride is an amazing source of motivation.

I'm baffled, couple pages ago someone said that tge Champions league us more important than tge league, now someone's saying the rivalry with city isn't actually important.

The fact that anyone thinks we should've sacrificed the tittle race against our city rivals for a random French kid who

might not even stay in the end underlines why certain people look at out of town fans with distain and say that they don't fully get it.