Academic Thread

Yoshie

Been pushing myself to work harder lately and somehow motivate myself. Surprised what I've actually learnt about Irving Thalberg and MGM during the 20s-30s. Now its putting it all the stuff I've learnt and researched on the screen, also finished my 2 minute scene and a scene-by-scene breakdown of an original film, next up a 10 minute script.

First exam of 2nd year tomorrow (though it's only Chinese).

Hoping to smash it.

Hows the Chinese going?

• Upvote 1

Hoping to smash it.

Hows the Chinese going?

Not that great in terms of my level. When I came back from China I went into intermediate class at uni, but as it was extra-curricular I became lazy and stopped going. It's now part of my course this year so I dropped down to pre-intermediate, and I'm still no where near the level I used to be.

I'll see where I stand once the year ends. I intend on going back to Shanghai for a couple of months next summer to continue learning. Hopefully my commitment will remain stable from now on.

Are you still learning Japanese.... How's that going? Where are you learning it?

Hoping to smash it.

Hows the Chinese going?

Not that great in terms of my level. When I came back from China I went into intermediate class at uni, but as it was extra-curricular I became lazy and stopped going. It's now part of my course this year so I dropped down to pre-intermediate, and I'm still no where near the level I used to be.

I'll see where I stand once the year ends. I intend on going back to Shanghai for a couple of months next summer to continue learning. Hopefully my commitment will remain stable from now on.

Are you still learning Japanese.... How's that going? Where are you learning it?

Gave up on learning it this year, missed out by 2 marks on passing so I felt it would be best if I drop it all together instead of doing it for my degree and the pressure of having to pass become a little bit too much, my mind would just go blank during exams and I can't seem to remember anything. Learn it in my own time, still talk to my lecture which is a bonus. Was learning it at Birkbeck, quite intense I will say.

One of them things you need to keep practicing and working at it, just shows being around people in that environment everyday hearing it etc you pick it up easier. Such a fascinating country.

Been looking for media internships in that region for when I finish uni in March, who knows where that one goes.

• 2 weeks later...

FFS

How can I have just finished my 10 page report to find out it has to be 1.5 line spacing, thus making it an extra 5 pages long.......?!?!!??!

CANT BE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

Focus on the positives your report will deffo be better since you've wrote so much more. Yeah its gonna mean a good few hours more work to fix it and shorten it

But that feeling when you get back that good grade will make it worth it

FFS

How can I have just finished my 10 page report to find out it has to be 1.5 line spacing, thus making it an extra 5 pages long.......?!?!!??!

CANT BE HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

Focus on the positives your report will deffo be better since you've wrote so much more. Yeah its gonna mean a good few hours more work to fix it and shorten it

But that feeling when you get back that good grade will make it worth it

Yeah, yeah.. You're right.

But I don't want to spend anymore time on this really; need to revise.

I'm literally just gonna cut out sections, rather than entirely shorten.

Gutted though.