Daniel Welbeck

Hmmm

I saw both of them at 16, and i could tell you from then who would go on to be a better player.. honestly.

:rofl:

I saw both of them at 16, and i could tell you from then who would go on to be a better player.. honestly.

:rofl:

Not that it takes rocket science, at this time Sturridge was favoured striker for England u16/17s as well, year before he had won the best player in the Nike Youth Cup.

Year later he was the best player in the youth cup at 16, Welbeck wasn't at that level of talent, Wilshere, Sterling, Barkley and a couple others were.

As for the better overall player comments its pretty much nonsense.

I like my players to have arrogance, Sturridge has always had the higher level of technical ability, even when it came to things like passing, he was greedy and seflish, but like i always say, thats not a bad quality to have in an attacking player. Welbeck is the type who would pass the buck more because he doesn't have the same amount of confidence or believe in his ability, and rightly so actually.

If you think he is going to recreate what Sturridge has done at Liverpool then you're off your rocker.

I probably did(if i was posting here at the time),look back at the Sturridge threads, i was delighted when he signed for us.

Asked you the same question in that topic, was hoping you'd forget

You said you don't just post about any player with potential on vip in the sports room aka football room, now at 16 he was the second coming

K

I probably did(if i was posting here at the time),look back at the Sturridge threads, i was delighted when he signed for us.

Asked you the same question in that topic, was hoping you'd forget

You said you don't just post about any player with potential on vip in the sports room aka football room, now at 16 he was the second coming

K

Like i said if i was around at the time he came Liverpool (not banned) i would have posted about Sturridge, and if i did i would have nothing but good things to say about him.

Actually been hearing about him since he was 14, saw him at 16 during the youth cup run.....

Sturridge was a big name at City from a young age

yet nobody was posting about him but ice / rsonist / aquaman / snoop & jj

Ahem.

Been impressed with Sturridge almost every time I've seen him play, have no idea why Vassell has been starting games in front of him.

Up top I think we need a striker who's willing to play second fiddle to Torres while still having the quality, not an easy task finding someone like that.Aside from an experienced forward I'd love us to have a go at signing Sturridge.

Anelka? wtf he's in the twilight of his career, demand Sturridge or tell chelsea to f*ck off.We need to do exactly what we did with Alonso, tell them to give us what we want or f*ck off.

Wasnt sturridge offered 1st?.....and then we asked for anelka instead..

I have stayed clear of everything football related for the past few days, I hate the transfer window hype.That's a shocking decision if true, Sturridge is 10 years younger and is bursting with potential. He'll go on to be a very good prem striker imo.

I've been on to Sturridge from day, I wanted him when  he went to Chelsea and when he was offered as a make weight in the Torres deal.

My argument isnt about depth tbf its quality

Man have been screaming for a clinical striker amongst other things which i wont get into right now

What troubles me is its a like for like replacement

A striker that doesnt score goals

For a striker that doesnt score goals

Ontop of that IMO we didnt make adequate attempts to sign players with better goal scoring records than welbeck eg Remy/Don Balo who ended up going to our rivals for around the same fee

Which is whats left me feeling like this transfer is a bit meh

But you can already tell from players like Giroud and Sanogo what kind of forward Wenger wants, a focal point for attacks that integrates in play.

I swear there was a time when people were saying how RvP kills our link-up play in the final third and his goals masked the fundamental flaws in the team playing with a striker of his nature.

Man have been screaming for a clinical striker amongst other things which i wont get into right now

Ontop of that IMO we didnt make adequate attempts to sign players with better goal scoring records than welbeck eg Remy/Don Balo who ended up going to our rivals for around the same fee

wtf?! so who would you have preferred we got? drop names init

Never pleasing some Arsenal fans sometimes 

Welbeck is premiership proven, young, English, hungry, pacey and bags of potential 

This is truly a great signing 

wtf?! so who would you have preferred we got? drop names init
:/

He already said remy or balo

/

I don't think those two would of been good enough though anyway.

falcao/higuian/costa/benzema even djezko

Something like that is what we needed

Them guys

Welbeck will struggle to reach 20