Eminem

MrJibbles

HipHopDX report:Documents have been revealed to HipHopDX suggesting that Best Buy retailers have reported over 6,000 physical units of Eminem's Relapse sold by 10 am, this morning (May 19th). By these projections, the day will see an estimated 133,000 units sold of the Shady/Aftermath/Interscope Records star. According to these figures, the album will be on pace to sell approximately 288,000 units at the mega-retailer alone.The same projections also revealed that Method Man & Redman's Blackout 2! sold over 1,000 units (combined between regular and deluxe 2CD editions) by 10 am, forecasting the Def Jam release to surpass 50,000 Best Buy week sales.Busta Rhymes' Back On My B.S. is expected to see approximately 25,000 week Best Buy sales, while DJ Drama's latest Gangsta Grillz will just eclipse 10,000 units.
EmiTunes.jpg
thats mad. No1 in amsost every country..No surprise will do well. Was expecting something along the lines of 500k+ first week tho.

XXL reports:With Eminem’s comeback album, Relapse, officially coming out last Tuesday, fans and industry people alike have had a chance to listen and offer their opinions on the highly anticipated album. In the upcoming issue of Entertainment Weekly, the magazine spoke to several people who worked on the album as well as Em’s peers to get more incite into the disc and the superstar’s road back into the spotlight.Kanye West told EW, “I think that the ‘Insane’ song is genius.” Producer and Eminem’s tour DJ, The Alchemist, said, “I can’t even explain how in the zone he is. I think some of the drugs make you introverted and antisocial. Maybe everybody got accustomed to that with Em, because that became part of his personality. But now that’s all gone. The funny guy and the creativity are all still there. Maybe he had to almost die for it to happen, but man, he’s on point.”DMC, who Em recently inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, along with the late Jam Master Jay and Reverend Run, is also a huge fan. “His music is his therapy,” DMC said. “I can relate to everything he’s saying. [Expressing] those dark, depressing times, that’s what rock ‘n’ roll is supposed to do.”Relapse is currently in stores now. HitsDailyDouble.com already projects the album to be the biggest first-week seller of 2009, with early estimates of the album breaking 600,000 units on Wednesday’s (May 27) Nielsen SoundScan sales report.

XXL reports:With Eminem’s comeback album, Relapse, officially coming out last Tuesday, fans and industry people alike have had a chance to listen and offer their opinions on the highly anticipated album. In the upcoming issue of Entertainment Weekly, the magazine spoke to several people who worked on the album as well as Em’s peers to get more incite into the disc and the superstar’s road back into the spotlight.Kanye West told EW, “I think that the ‘Insane’ song is genius.” Producer and Eminem’s tour DJ, The Alchemist, said, “I can’t even explain how in the zone he is. I think some of the drugs make you introverted and antisocial. Maybe everybody got accustomed to that with Em, because that became part of his personality. But now that’s all gone. The funny guy and the creativity are all still there. Maybe he had to almost die for it to happen, but man, he’s on point.”DMC, who Em recently inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, along with the late Jam Master Jay and Reverend Run, is also a huge fan. “His music is his therapy,” DMC said. “I can relate to everything he’s saying. [Expressing] those dark, depressing times, that’s what rock ‘n’ roll is supposed to do.”Relapse is currently in stores now. HitsDailyDouble.com already projects the album to be the biggest first-week seller of 2009, with early estimates of the album breaking 600,000 units on Wednesday’s (May 27) Nielsen SoundScan sales report.
Those figures seem more feasible than the measily 200k+. I would be pissed for him cos that's on way to being a flop

Only just got through listening to this album todayListening through thinkin "yeah this albums pretty good" and then hints of his old voice & flow would come in and out of certain tunes giving me hope of him goin back to his old waysthen..Underground, the last track, comes on and as soon as the verse dropped i swear i got proper excited, sick sick tune, nice to see he's still got it then the Ken Kaniff skit at the end just tops it off :lol: had me laughin so was nice to see a return of that aswellIsnt he releasing a Relapse 2 at the end of the year? I really hope he carrys on with the Underground feeling of what he used to rap/sound like/beat selectionAnyway, albums is pretty good so im glad i bought it

dre produced every track apart from beautiful.. underground is sick but think the beat is poor..
yea the beat on underground is very poor. i dont really like beautiful, its too cheesy for me.EDIT: This album is f*ck*ng crazy, the whole street is asking for copies lol

Guest Cipher

Yea, I thought that was why he was called Semtex, because of the Semtex bomb that took off his armAlthough this could have been me adding 2 and 2 and getting 6

Grown on me. Gets better as it goes on. Deja Vu, Beautiful, Underground are sick even Crack A Bottle gets head nod treatment now. Throw in Same Song and Dance and those are my faves. Cant get with My Mom or Must be the Ganja yetDeja Vu is f*ckin crack

been bumping my darling bare lately, last verse is too f*cked

You can't kill a spirit, even if you tried toHaha, you sold your soul to me, need I remind you?You remember that night you, prayed to godYou'd give anything to get a record deal, well Dre signed youThis is what you wanted your whole life Marshall, right throughLook at this house, look at these cars, they're so nice, wooo!Oh, but you didn't know, fame has a price tooThat you're just now seeing the downside toLose your best friend from highschool, your wife tooAin't even sure if your kids like youCome off tour, can't even sleep at night without NyquillBecome a valium addict, start a rehab cycleBut together we can break the cycleMarshall..." WHAT! "no one's gonna love you like I do!"My Darling, I don't ever want you to leave meMy Darling, you and me were meant to be togetherMy Darling, and if I cannot have you, no one can, you're myMy Darling, cause I possess your soul, your mind, your heart and your body