Drake

JLovely

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the same, even once I found out about Quentin Miller from before this came out all his Toronto references and little digs here and there were too much

He took the whole first verse and the hook and a line from the second cmon lol

I thought drake was a pen gawd still but QM is the real 6 gawd now lol

Here it is Drake has single-handedly carried hip-hop on his shoulders for the past 6-7 years... and people wanna throw salt

If drake never rapped... hip-hop would of died after the laffy taffy / this is why im hot / wipe me down phase

You heathens should be thanking Drake. Not throwing salt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

never was 

/

Co sign Yeshua as well

/

Here it is Drake has single-handedly carried hip-hop on his shoulders for the past 6-7 years... and people wanna throw salt

If drake never rapped... hip-hop would of died after the laffy taffy / this is why im hot / wipe me down phase

idjut.gif

At this point Drake should say fuck rap.

Do a Will Smith and just get those acting cheques. Have these fuckers begging him to come back like Mase.

I cant believe how many heathens biting the hand that has feed them directly and indirectly for so many years.

Drake let EVERYBODY eat and this is what you do.

• Downvote 3

popular hip hop maybe i.e the mainstream stuff.  I think he has like the most number 1 hip hop songs in the past 10 years or something, that is incredible but I disagree with him carrying hip hop in general. I believe there are much better talented hip hop artists in the game right now that are making much better quality music than Drake:

Kendrick Lamar

Kanye West

Pusha T 

of course anything to do with art is subjective, but I feel hiphop(or I should say mainstream hip hop) in this day and age is incredibly mediocre. 

Biggest artists in the game right now:

J Cole

Drake

Big f*cking Sean

2 Chainz

I am sure I am missing a few. But look at that list I just mentioned...do any of these guys have songs in their catalogues that can touch the depth in quality similar to what the biggest artists where making 1999;

DMX

JAY Z

Eminem

OutKast

Mos Def

in my opinion, I don't think they come close. 

J Cole's album Forest Hill's Drive was considered one of the best hip hop albums of last year. I listened to it and if that is what is considered best of the year then the levels are extremely low.  Big Sean's release that came out this year was trash. Forest Hills Drive was trash. Everything Drake has released post So Far Gone =  mediocre and trash. I respect Drake, because I feel he brought something original to the game in 2009 with So Far Gone, but then again, that release was heavily inspired by Kanye's 808'S & Heartbreak. So how original was it?  :huh:  

I love hip hop and I love music but I can't co sign mediocrity and unoriginality.

Can you imagine Drake/J Cole/Big Sean/Tyga swinging with the heavyweights if they came out in  2005, 1994,1991,2000???

im f*cking possible.  

• Upvote 4

Drake's version of 10 Bands sounds better tbh.

The impact this revelation will have on his career will be the same as when the world found out Rhymefest wrote 'Jesus Walks' for Kanye. He'll still make bangers, he'll sell records and life will go on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

found out Rhymefest wrote 'Jesus Walks' for Kanye. He'll still make bangers, he'll sell records and life will go on.

stopped seeing kanye the way i did before as some 'proper artist' type 

only cos ive rated that tune highly for tiime n ive never been someone to research credited songwriters n all that