25/06/2009 THE DEATH OF A LEGEND - RIP MICHAEL JACKSON

jellybone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"AEG and reps for the Jackson family just announced a memorial service for Michael Jackson will take place at the Staples Center on Tuesday at 10:00 AM.11,000 tickets will be distributed free of charge to the general public -- a press conference will be held tomorrow morning to address the situation further." same one used for James Brown0702_casket_mj_ex.jpgthe stories about his kids are mostly untrue. the papers are coming with daily updates based on lies and half truths, debbie has never said publically the kids were not his,

MTV.com"Michael Jackson's former nanny Grace Rwarramba has slammed a British newspaper for alleging she regularly pumped the King of Pop's stomach after drug binges - insisting she did not give the publication an interview.Britain's Sunday Times ran a feature over the weekend (27-28Jun09) claiming to have an exclusive interview with Rwaramba, following Jackson's death last week (25Jun09).The publication alleged Rwaramba told a journalist about the superstar's battle with prescription drugs, and detailed how she was forced to intervene when Jackson supposedly took too many pills.Rwaramba was quoted as saying, "He always ate too little and mixed too much (medicine). I had to pump his stomach many times... He always mixed so much of it. There was one period that it was so bad that I didn't let the children see him."She allegedly also opened up about the star's financial issues - insisting money woes left the family living in poverty.But Rwaramba, who cared for the star's three children, Prince Michael, 12, Paris, 11, and Prince Michael II 'Blanket', seven, was incensed by the report - insisting she never gave the alleged interview.In a statement, she says, "I am shocked, hurt and deeply saddened by recent statements the press has attributed to me, in particular, the outrageous and patently false claim that I 'routinely pumped his stomach after he had ingested a dangerous combination of drugs'. I don't even know how to pump a stomach!!"In addition, I have never spoken to the Times Online, the original source of the story that has now been picked up worldwide. The statements attributed to me confirm the worst in human tendencies to sensationalise tragedy and smear reputations for profit."And Rwaramba also took the opportunity to pay tribute to her former boss.She adds, "Michael Jackson was an exceptional human being. He was gifted, deeply compassionate and brought joy to the lives of so many. He loved his family dearly, and above all, his beautiful children. In addition to being my employer over the past 17 years and entrusting the care of his beloved children to me, he was my dear friend."While our friendship had challenges, as do all friendships, he was loyal to the end. I cherish and honor his memory. I convey my heartfelt and deepest condolences to Prince, Paris, Blanket and the entire Jackson family. The pain and sorrow I feel over the loss of Michael pales in comparison to what has been taken from them forever."

Its amazing when you read about Thrillerhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_(album)

some observers assumed Thriller would only be a minor hit record
Jones believed that "Billie Jean" was not strong enough to be included on the record
Jones told Jackson that Thriller would be unlikely to sell successfully like Off the Wall had, because the market had since weakened. In response, Jackson threatened to cancel the album's release

shud be illegal for all mainstream papers to call themselves newspapers anymore tbh,any law man on building a case yet>shud come with a disclaimer saying 'we print lies, gossip and satanism to get you to react in the way our overlords desire because that is how pathetic and simple you truly are:£1'

Guest Tulse Hill

Brits barred from Jackson memorialThe clamour for tickets for Michael Jackson's public memorial has begun - but the singer's British fans will be left disappointed.Only US residents with tickets secured through an online ballot will be allowed in to the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.Other fans of the King of Pop will be able to watch Tuesday's event from their homes as organisers announced it will be broadcast around the world.The stadium's website temporarily crashed within moments of AEG Live president and chief executive Tim Leiweke announcing the opening of registration for the draw. He said 17,500 free tickets will be available in pairs for Jackson's fans - 11,000 of which will admit entrance to the Staples Centre itself with 6,500 places to watch on screens at the nearby Nokia theatre. Registration will end at 2am Sunday morning BST, with the 8,750 successful applicants drawn at random and then notified by email between 7pm Sunday to 4am Monday BST.Mr Leiweke said: "First off, our thoughts and our prayers are with the family, all of the Jackson family, and in particular with Michael Jackson's fans."It is the family's wish to create a service and a celebration that all of Michael's fans around the world can be part of. Thus the family has made arrangements to provide a worldwide pool feed to every network for free. The family has also made available 17,500 tickets for Michael's fans to be part of this service."No information was given about what the memorial service will involve or celebrities who might appear.Jackson's legion of fans have been descending on Los Angeles since his sudden death at the age of 50.City officials told a press conference they were encouraging people to stay away unless they had tickets for the memorial as strict checks would be in place.

Guest Lisa Turtle

When I saw the footage of his rehersal I felt emotional again and was welling up because he just didn't look like someone who was about to die.Woulda given my right arm to see him perform live, just once.

im ticked off with the tickets thing. i wanted to reach regardless,.. i still will that headline "brits barred" is stupid though.lol@ thun only posting that. well done tho
randy philips has said that everyone can get tickets

im ticked off with the tickets thing. i wanted to reach regardless,.. i still will that headline "brits barred" is stupid though.lol@ thun only posting that. well done tho
randy philips has said that everyone can get tickets
i know.. thats what i heard initially, then i was hearing its only for US residents which is silly.ive registered to get one all the same so ill know by tomorrow.

Strong messagef*ckin legend
Video is sick, aint seen it before
it was removed as an official video. MJ had to re release the brasilian one. the song itself faced big controversy with the media saying its anti semitic, and he got slated for dancing with prisoners talking about not caring for us, when some of those prisoners would be murderers etc who didnt care about their victims.they even tried to get the mayor of rio to ban him from filming the video