The Gym Topic

Flojo

• 2 weeks later...

The form of some of these guys doing squat really pisses me off.  Load up the bar with 140KG to just about make it halfway.

SMH

/

https://www.youtube.com/user/Elgintensity

You lot should subscribe to this guy.  Basically calls out and makes fun of youtube fitness personalities that talk shit.  I posted two of his videos before with the kipping pull ups.  He is funny.  Popped to mind as I thought how poor the squats were which reminded me of the above videos.

what excersies give you best results in each muscle group?

my "secrets" is 

back (lower) - deadlifts and good mornings work wonders...

legs - lunges, the burn is mental

only things really what about you guys? specially TRICEPS please

Gotta be dips (weighted) and skulls crushers for me. Recently I've been doing skull crushers with dumbbells instead of a EZ bar and I can definitely feel it more.

I think it's because it's more isolated, as with the EZ bar you can distribute the weight to potentially your stronger side, i.e left or right side. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone on here can do front levers?

For some reason I was on the train in Berlin and decided to try and found I can hold it for one second at most. Shit is hard. Wanted to know if any of you had any tips to improve.

Does anybody else experience that shooting pain from the wrist upwards after doing a set of bicep curls?

Yeah it's tendonitis

Try different variations to see which ones don't bother the wrist, I can't do it with a bar has to be dumbells

Does anybody else experience that shooting pain from the wrist upwards after doing a set of bicep curls?

Get this alot, putting me off gym

Yh it fully takes the piss

Heero was on about it a page or so back

Did u sort it with ur weeks off lad?

Mines gettin better actually I'm starting to think its cos of bein on the computer all day

The way I sit with my wrists leaning on the desk

Try movin ur mouse n keyboard towards the end of ur desk

Stopped using a curling bar n jus used the bar instead, stopped closed grip bench aswell, defo less of an issue now

• 1 month later...

nothing like what uve got but my left shoulder always cracks when I do press ups

been meaning to find out why for time but cause it doesn't cause any pain it's only loooked it up other day

apparently if it's painless it just means there's sumt missin from between joints

bearing in mind I'm an endo the diet for you other body types is prob gonna be abit different.

but anyway, there's only two different workouts, and diet and workout happen in two week blocks. Push and Pull are the workouts.

Each set is to time as opposed to reps, but pace should get u a minimum amount of reps in that time anyway. Download an interval timer on your phone so you force yourself not to be lazy. First few workouts are easy, but quickly becomes allot harder. Also should be aiming to eat 2g of protein per kg of ur bodyweight per day. I have one cheat day a week, eat whatever i want for 24 hrs.

Push:

Walking lunges @ 30kg

Jumping squats

Bike sprints - level 13 on and 4 at rest. pace should read about 75 constant regardless of the effort level

Dumbell Incline chest 20kg each side - 2 seconds on the way down, 1 second up. So first 2 weeks should aim for 10 per set.

bench chest flyes 10kg each side - again 2 seconds down, 1 up

Dips - as many as you can do

Tricep extension on cable pulley 20kg - aim for about 12 to 15 per set

Pull:

Deadlift @ 80kg - Again 2 seconds release and 1 second up

Kettle Bell swing 24kg - your natural pace

TRX knee tucks

Pull up holds - Hold the pull up at the top until timer goes off

Bent over back flyes 6kg (no bench) - 2 sec down, 1 up

dumbell deadlift to high row 14kg - own pace

20kg plate hold, elbows tucked in forearms at 90 degrees

Week 1 & 2:

30 second sets with 45 seconds rest, should try to keep rest in-between the different exercises as close to 45 seconds as possible too (gym allowing).

Each workout needs to be done 3 times, first time 3 sets, second 4 and finally 5 sets of each one.

Diet is pretty much keto, no carbs other than fibre high veg, plenty of protein and plenty of fats. These weeks should bring ur body fat down abit.

Week 3 & 4:

Up each set to 45 seconds and same 45 seconds rest. the extra 15 seconds per set is allot harder than you'd think.

Again, same 3, 4 & 5 set increase. 

Diet is low fat and higher carb, these weeks you'll make serious gains. This time round more variety of veg, but only have starchy carbs like sweet potato, rice, bread post workout, with protein obv.