Tevez Dropping Some Real Talk

Mame Biram Diouf

not sure about that tbh,

i'm inclined to believe that his celebration aimed at the south stand was a indication off how things were goin, an not an attempt at starting a new celebration trend,

i'm reckoning that the story that the club planned to use his love for the club and desire to stay as a possible negotiation tool to get a deal for a lower price, and only stumped up the cash when city forced our hand. is a more believable one

@ Kompressor....

Pretty sure we offered tevez a deal in march of his last season, which he didnt want to sign because he thought he shoulda been starting every week.

/

f*ck Tevez. Hope he goes Madrid so we can get Benzema.

Heard we did offer a deal, wasn't it to buy him officially from his agent or some nonsense..

But he had been parred at the club, wasn't surprised he left.

especially after seeing whats happened after the Tevez saga, the idea of us trying to wrangle the eal to make it cheaper seems very likely,

as it was agreed what we'd pay for Tevez before the Loan deal was signed it is also likely that that Kia guy would reject a knocked down offer.

the situation was simple,

we had a player who wanted to stay and sign,

a manager who wanted the player,

The fans loved said player.

an agreement on cost was already met,

but a deal wasn't reached,

doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out the sticking point was money, especially with the gift of hindsight and being able to see how the club has approached transfer dealings since then

Manchester City can confirm to its fans that “clear the air” talks have been held with Carlos Tevez.

During the meeting Carlos expressed his absolute commitment to the Club and formally withdrew his transfer request. Carlos’ contract remains unchanged and both Carlos and the Football Club are keen to focus on the opportunities that lie ahead.

Roberto Mancini commented “Carlos is a world class player whose contribution since he joined the Club has been invaluable.

I am pleased that we are now able to focus on pure football matters and to be able to look forward to Carlos continuing to play a significant role in the Club’s progress.”

C'mon bro.

London is one of the capital cities of the world & much more of a melting pot than Manny.

But from time man ain't even bothered to learn English, he can forget this country altogether.

Not entirely sure how living in London would make much of a difference.

They lived there before, and I'm sure there a lil Argentina/South America somewhere in London, where as I know there aint in Manchester.

From one shitehole to another. There's minimal difference between the big cities in this country. Especially ones that'd appeal to an illiterate Argentine.

He's not used to the climate, he can't watch TV, he can't read the newspaper, he can't buy a car, do food shopping, go to the cinema, go to a restaurant etc. without a translator.

Like say moving 200miles down south is going to change any of that.

Atleast Citeh are rich enough and dumb enough to let him fly home every other week.

/

f*ck him off anyway, he's a clown and he's not that good. But Citeh brought this on themselves, why on why they need the likes of Robinho and Tevez and pander to their every need.

Why do they persist with these players?

Are you tryna say that London is anyplace bro?

You live in brum innit?

No, I'm saying it's a sh*t hole.

Less so than Birmingham, but still. If he doesn't like British culture why on earth would he move to London?

Well it's true what TFS4DK said about there being a Latin American community there, so more restaurants, shops etc that he can feel comfortable in

You can def survive in London without knowing much English

• 2 weeks later...
Guest M12 Part 2

The thing I don't get with most of these ballers is if you dropped me 50k a week. You could drop me off in north Korea. Fly over the fam and a few of the mandem I'd be fine. And that's without counting all the new friends you would make. Fair enough I might miss uk from time to time but there would defo be positives out there you would enjoy as well.

The thing I don't get with most of these ballers is if you dropped me 50k a week. You could drop me off in north Korea. Fly over the fam and a few of the mandem I'd be fine. And that's without counting all the new friends you would make. Fair enough I might miss uk from time to time but there would defo be positives out there you would enjoy as well.

wot a bag of sh*t. It would be a struggle 4 u n you'd wanna put yr fam thru it? only thing i'll say is Tevez got no excuse 4 not learning English coz he's been here 4 time. He got Zabaleta wi him so its like he the/ only Argie in village.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Bump

So many quoteables

:lmao:

VE been here almost seven years now and it’s still hard for me to understand why England have not progressed on the international stage.

The Premier League is one of the best and toughest in the world — to survive and succeed you must have wonderful skill, speed and fitness.

Players like Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney, one of the greatest players I’ve had the privilege to play alongside, possess those qualities — and they’re not alone.

We’ve got a core of England players at City — Joe Hart, Joleon Lescott, James Milner, Gareth Barry — so I know the class and pedigree is there.

And it’s difficult to believe the country doesn’t challenge more successfully at the Euros or in the World Cup.

But maybe England have to look at the structure of its coaching staff.

Which brings me to Gary Neville. I can’t believe that any of the top countries would employ a television pundit as a part-time coach.

Can you imagine Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, Brazil or Argentina employing a manager’s right-hand man whose day job is a television pundit? I can’t ever see it happening.

This week, I saw that Gary is part of a venture to build a new hotel in Manchester.

How does that benefit England and Roy Hodgson?

I’m not a fan of foreign managers taking charge of national teams.

It would never happen in Brazil or Argentina because there’s too much pride at stake to admit a foreigner could understand the culture or mentality.

But at least when Fabio Capello was in charge, you saw his assistant, Franco Baldini at Premier League games scouting players.

To be honest, I haven’t seen much of that from Gary Neville.

He’s happy to make jokes about players referring them to a PlayStation game but I’m not sure many World Cups have been won on PlayStation — so I think Gary needs to stop playing games and concentrate on his coaching. I know Sky is a high-profile and lucrative job and must pay well but he has to decide whether his first loyalty is to them or the FA.

He should be out there watching games in the Premier League or the Championship, reporting back on current players and those who might play a part in the World Cup and beyond.

He should also be turning up at clubs, watching their sessions, seeing how top class coaches work and how England players respond to them.

I’ve worked under great managers, probably some of the best in the world and I don’t think any of them would consider having an assistant whose main focus was not 100 per cent on the job.

Spain have been the most successful side in the world for the past few years.

Is their assistant manager a TV pundit?

The short answer is no. Gary has to decide whether England is his absolute focus or does he want to make a name for himself on Sky.

Because, in my opinion, there is too much of a conflict of interest to do both.

TEVEZ ON SOUNESS

I TRY and avoid watching my old friend Graeme Souness on the TV at the best of times.

But when I’m unfortunate enough to catch him, I can’t help but laugh.

He tells us football is an easy game.

He tells us players like Oscar don’t intentionally score brilliant goals — even though everybody else knew it was wonderful skill against Juventus.

The question that I would like Graeme to answer is: If football is so easy, why was he so unsuccessful as a manager in England and Portugal?

Why didn’t he buy players like Deco even though he had the chance in 1997?

And why does no chairman trust him with their club any more?

Football is an easy game.

Especially when you are watching it from his armchair or from the Sky television studio.

TEVEZ ON WEST HAM

I’LL always remember West Ham and their fans with real love and respect.

It’s where I began in English football and it’s why I’ll always have so much affection for the club. That’s why I made the sign of the crossed hammers at Upton Park last week.

If I’d scored against them, I definitely wouldn’t have celebrated.

I’m so glad they’re back in the Premier League because I missed playing there last season and I missed the fans.

• 2 years later...

West Ham :lol: