Balotelli Appreciation Thread

Guest luckstar

Things reached a depressing low in 18 first-half minutes against Real Madrid, when they were blitzed by the ­Spaniards, and exposed as a side far from joining the European elite.

The manager admits he may have to think about new systems, but he ­emphatically ruled out the prospect of hiring a defensive coach to help out a floundering back line.

“Will I get a defensive coach? No chance. No chance.

“When I first came in I was asked if I would have a coach to help the strikers score. But we got goals. Lots.”

MORE: This weekend's Premier League predictions

Talking about a potential new style of play, Rodgers added: “That is something I have to look at definitely.

“We are looking to get balance in the team – balance is the most important thing in football – but we have got limited coaching time.

“I’ve been in my kitchen until 4.30am, but no it’s not that I can’t sleep... I was just thinking of ways that we can be better.

“We need to get it right sooner rather than later of course, but the players are showing ­character and spirit – even against Real Madrid I thought that.”

i've always liked BR's press conferences he speaks about football so vividly

Hes a tactician despite ppl trying to deny that he is. I reckon he will sort out the defence but it will take time cos they have made mistakes their habit

I feel like the only one reserving judgement until Liverpool are actually able to put the strongest team on the pitch with Mario in the mix with them.

------------Balo-------Sturridge-------

Coutinho------------------------Sterling

------Henderson-----Gerrard----------

---Whatever random back line we put out to ship goals---