Dalglish Gone

Rsonist

Aslong as you all keep buying your season and match tickets, buying replica shirts and other merchandise, FSG could care less about what the fans think about them or anything,

They will put someone in charge who suits them, Financial in terns of the whole moneyball approach, Martinez could be that man.

He might actually do a good job if he gets backing from the boardroom and stands.

Prepare to hear the phrase, "long term project" a lot over the next year or two.

I'd like Rafa, if they go through the process of looking for a new manager and don't even sound him out it will be madness.

If not let's at least make an attempt for someone that is a bit far fetched ie Klopp (not likely, but there's no harm in trying). After that AVB would be my choice.

FSG have just got rid of a man that is royalty to Liverpool fans, replacing him with someone that has a proven track record was still going to put the new manager under enormous pressure but replacing him with a manager untested at the top level will increase than pressure tenfold.

Martinez and Rodgers are good prospects but the risk factor is massive, FSG's relationship with the fan base is on the line with this decision.

Surprised by the amount of fans who want him back. Didn't he squander a lot of money on average players?

Not to mention wanting Barry instead of Alonso loll

I'd like Rafa, if they go through the process of looking for a new manager and don't even sound him out it will be madness.

If not let's at least make an attempt for someone that is a bit far fetched ie Klopp (not likely, but there's no harm in trying). After that AVB would be my choice.

FSG have just got rid of a man that is royalty to Liverpool fans, replacing him with someone that has a proven track record was still going to put the new manager under enormous pressure but replacing him with a manager untested at the top level will increase than pressure tenfold.

Martinez and Rodgers are good prospects but the risk factor is massive, FSG's relationship with the fan base is on the line with this decision.

Surprised by the amount of fans who want him back. Didn't he squander a lot of money on average players?

In short no. He made some amazing buys and he made some bad buys but show me a manager that hasn't.

Because of our budget he had to gradually transform the squad so there was always a risk of a few duds, he often had to settle for his 2nd or 3rd choice cos we didn't have the funds but we were massively over achieving in his time here. 2 CL finals in 6 years and the number one ranked team in Europe.

He wanted Barry as well as Alonso but he had to choose, Alonso had a poor season in 07/08 and Barry could cover multiple positions so he opted for Barry. Nobody seems to mention that Alonso was anybody's for £14 million in 2008 and nobody including Wenger was willing to pay it.

Sound out Pep,Jurgen Klopp,AVB,Rafa Benitez, De Boer, Dechamps, Rijkaard, Van Gaal, Capello see what they all have to say and what their vision is. The one who suggests the recruitment of young and exciting players similar to the Arsenal model. Gets hired. With Rodolpho Borrell and Segura trimming the youth team with guys like Mclaughling,Sterling,Suso,Wisdom,Jack Robinson,John Flanagan etc getting introduced into "squad player roles" along with guys already playing for the first team like Henderson,Shelvey,Martin Kelly,Andy Carroll although some of them got signed for big money Man Utd,City etc do it. Ashley Young and James Milner respectively for example. Add some young unproven talent from around the world our next manager needs to be good at selling stories about Liverpool to talent like Belhanda,Eriksen and those caliber of talent.

I dunno about a lot of money but he did bring in an awful lot of tripe that Liverpool are just about getting clear now.

Rafa>>>> any current coach in the Prem apart from Sir Alex

I actually believe this

Tactical mastermind

People like Smicer, Baros, Biscan have to thank him for giving them Champions League Medals.

One of them annoying forwards that could beat 4 man on his own but couldn't finish for sh*t. Got to a point where I just accepted he was gonna f*ck it up, even with the goal at his mercy, so when he did score it was a pleasant surprise.

Liverpool: Brendan Rodgers turns down talks but Martinez in frame

Swansea's Brendan Rodgers has turned down the chance to speak with Liverpool about their vacant managerial position.

Kenny Dalglish was sacked as Reds boss on Wednesday, leaving the club to search for a fourth boss in two years.

A Swansea statement said: "The club is pleased to confirm that Brendan has declined the opportunity to speak about the vacant position."

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez has been given permission by his club to enter talks with the Anfield club.

"Liverpool rang us and asked for permission to speak to Roberto, which I've given," Whelan told BBC Sport.

The Anfield hierarchy are approaching a number of candidates and while Whelan said he hoped Martinez would choose to stay at the DW Stadium, he understands the Spaniard's popularity.

"I'd love to keep him but if he wants to move to Liverpool I will have to say good luck," he explained.

"When Liverpool sacked Kenny Dalglish I thought they would be looking around and they say they want a young, ambitious manager. You can't get one better than Roberto, so I expected them to call.

"I think he's wonderful, the best manager I have ever worked with.

"I was working with Roberto when I got the message. I told him there and then and asked if he wanted to speak to Liverpool and he said 'yes'.

"I've always said a big club will come for him and I will release him immediately."

Whelan also called for any decision to be made swiftly.

Owners Tom Werner and John W Henry are based in the United States, while the Reds are also looking for a director of football, a chief executive and a director of communications.

Steve Clarke, Dalglish's assistant, handed in his resignation out of loyalty to the 61-year-old Scot, but it has been rejected.

"It's all up to Liverpool and Roberto now," added Whelan. "If they do a deal I hope it's done quickly because we will have to replace Roberto and it's going to be very difficult."

Werner and Henry are keen for the club's new manager to be in place for at least four to five years, but there is no front-runner at this stage.

The new boss is likely to get a transfer budget of more than £30m.

Intermediaries acting for the club have spoken with Andre Villas-Boas.

Swansea>Liverpool

bruv i would rather get rejected by pep than brendan ffs

who the fuck is brendan?

lol yeh that was a lil piss take but all liverpool need to do is attract proper players, not dese mid table pricks, charlie adam? come on now

ye but do them teams have 50million plus sales to spend?

when gerrard retires its gonna be fucked,

Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality. No. Position Player 1 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png GK Brad Jones 2 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png DF Glen Johnson 3 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png DF José Enrique 4 22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png MF Alberto Aquilani 5 22px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png DF Daniel Agger 6 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png DF Fábio Aurélio 7 22px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png FW Luis Suárez 8 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Steven Gerrard (captain) 9 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png FW Andy Carroll 10 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Joe Cole 11 22px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png MF Maxi Rodríguez 12 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png FW Daniel Pacheco 14 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Jordan Henderson 16 22px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png DF Sebastián Coates 18 22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png FW Dirk Kuyt 19 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Stewart Downing 20 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Jay Spearing 21 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png MF Lucas Leiva No. Position Player 23 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png DF Jamie Carragher (vice-captain) 25 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png GK Pepe Reina 26 22px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png MF Charlie Adam 30 22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png FW Suso 31 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Raheem Sterling 32 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png GK Doni 33 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Jonjo Shelvey 34 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png DF Martin Kelly 35 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png MF Conor Coady 36 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png FW Nathan Eccleston 37 22px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png DF Martin Škrtel 38 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png DF Jon Flanagan 39 22px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png FW Craig Bellamy 42 22px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png GK Péter Gulácsi 47 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png DF Andre Wisdom 49 22px-Flag_of_England.svg.png DF Jack Robinson — 22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png FW Villyan Bijev

u need a whole new team..

i actually think fsg know what they are doing

all these ex lpool pundits dominate the TV so obviously they are screaming some any drivel at us the viewers...heard one guy crying on the radio there was only alan hansen at hospitality to greet him when he was there

these old guys got there heads stuck on tradition so much that they forget to make new ones which is just as important

i actually think fsg know what they are doing

all these ex lpool pundits dominate the TV so obviously they are screaming some any drivel at us the viewers...heard one guy crying on the radio there was only alan hansen at hospitality to greet him when he was there

these old guys got there heads stuck on tradition so much that they forget to make new ones which is just as important

thats dave whelan wigan chairman hes a mug for that comment. whats that got to do with Martinez being asked to meet FSG??

I fully see what you are saying. This is a period of uncertainty for real