Good Restaurant Thread?

Captain Planet

Its not without its flaws (the restaurants I mentioned were in order of quality from best), but its nice for a change. The flavours are strong to a point you might say its over flavoured, but once every few months its nice to revisit. Get the Simba Wings (starter), and there's some main veg dish with gourd in it that's nice as well.

Dishoom has place 3 different locations so you can avoid Shoreditch if need, yeah I've heard good things about the breakfast naan rolls but never had them.

Dishoom is a nice eating experience, decor etc, but the menu doesnt really do it for me, i would recommed the Murgh Malai if you reach

personally i like my curry cheap, BYOB and its got to be a place that prides itself on its Lamb Chops / grill

Needoos is my go to these days, its convenient

spent 3 hours in the yesterday on a casj one, would recommend

Went Turtle Bay in Ealing in December with my girl.

Caribbean restaurant, Black owned i believe. The guy i think maybe Indian/Trini/Black kinda mix (Me and my girl did a few little searches whilst waiting for our food.

Good decor, nice atmosphere, caribbean music playing and not ub40, up to date relevant dancehall and soca (obviously restaurant friendly, heard some Popcaan)

Food was nice, and reasonably priced. On 1st impressions could only see white people from looking in from the outside so we had a funny thought as to what it would be like, but as soon as we stepped in there were lots of others and variety of different peoples.

They have a bar too, and the happy hour was from 8-10/11 i believe, this added to the busyness of the place as people were constantly coming in. Have to book well in advance if you want a table especially on weekends. We had to order food from the bar and find a space to eat it, luckily right next to where we ordered, people were just finishing their meal so we had their space. 

Decor was on point, had the caribbean rustic feel to it, whilst being modern enough for a busy lively restaurant. 

Wasnt just Jamaican dishes neither, got some trini doubles and curry chick peas which i finished within minutes. Even the bowls reminded me of them old bowls that my nan used to have, it brang back memories. 

The Jerk wasnt Jerk though, well not for me that was my only disappointment. 

Overall, making the drive from Lee, South east london (between Lewisham, Catford and Grove Park) to Ealing just to eat, we didnt feel like it was a wasted time. 

• Upvote 1

Went Turtle Bay in Ealing in December with my girl.

Caribbean restaurant, Black owned i believe. The guy i think maybe Indian/Trini/Black kinda mix (Me and my girl did a few little searches whilst waiting for our food.

Good decor, nice atmosphere, caribbean music playing and not ub40, up to date relevant dancehall and soca (obviously restaurant friendly, heard some Popcaan)

Food was nice, and reasonably priced. On 1st impressions could only see white people from looking in from the outside so we had a funny thought as to what it would be like, but as soon as we stepped in there were lots of others and variety of different peoples.

They have a bar too, and the happy hour was from 8-10/11 i believe, this added to the busyness of the place as people were constantly coming in. Have to book well in advance if you want a table especially on weekends. We had to order food from the bar and find a space to eat it, luckily right next to where we ordered, people were just finishing their meal so we had their space. 

Decor was on point, had the caribbean rustic feel to it, whilst being modern enough for a busy lively restaurant. 

Wasnt just Jamaican dishes neither, got some trini doubles and curry chick peas which i finished within minutes. Even the bowls reminded me of them old bowls that my nan used to have, it brang back memories. 

The Jerk wasnt Jerk though, well not for me that was my only disappointment. 

Overall, making the drive from Lee, South east london (between Lewisham, Catford and Grove Park) to Ealing just to eat, we didnt feel like it was a wasted time. 

That near the strip club and nightclub?