PlayStation 4 & Xbox One

Supermalt

I still don't understand how developers are allowed to release unfinished games.

Do these games even go through proper testing?

Its like they leave in simple-to-fix glitches/bugs so that they can fix them later and be like "look how good we are, we are always trying to improve the game". Cunts.

Big example of this on the new COD AW patch: 

• Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement. - Really? You telling me the f*cking beta testers didn't inform SHG that this was a horrid design? Come on son.

/

Here's a great review of AC Unity on Amazon :rofl:

AC Unity is true next-gen. In fact, it is SO next-gen that it isn't even finished yet! I like to be on the cutting edge and I appreciate that Ubisoft is making games that it is still making, even weeks after you've beaten them.

I also love the forced integration with an app as well as a website. How that works is that you sign in with your uplay account to experience so many error messages that last gen could never display on screen at one time.

The game itself (no spoilers) centers around Arno, an Assasin in search of locked chests that require a cell phone game with micro transactions to open. You level him up by "hacking" into your bank account to drain real money at 60 FPS. The rest of the game runs at a solid 12 FPS which is TWICE as cinematic as a movie... No small feat! Once you've completed "playing" a website on your computer, Arno is finally ready to fall through the ground and enter a white abyss... The core challenge of the game, these moments where you simply fall into the sky that accurately existed under 1700's Paris, are some of the most nail-biting moments in any game ever made... Will the game crash? Will you have to hard reset your console? Results are random, so it will always be a surprise!

Many people just won't "get" this evolution of Assassin's Creed and should spend their time opening up a history book instead. It is there they could read up on Paris' floating people and long battle with pop-in. Even today, many Parisians only exist after you've already walked past them. It is these small details that Ubisoft has nailed and they deserve applause with tons of random audio pops just as you'd hear in the game's cinematics.

After playing this gem, I've decided to fly to Montreal tomorrow to begin playing 2018's Assassin's Creed 9. Unity's only shortcoming was that it was a little TOO finished, so I am hoping the Ubisoft guys will let me plug my controller into a broken vending machine in their studio that simply eats dollars that I put into it without delivering.

/

So far I've only played COD AW and FIFA 15 on my xbone and the amount of bugs and glitches is actually ridiculous for a "next gen" game. smh.

• Upvote 1

I still don't understand how developers are allowed to release unfinished games.

Its like they leave in simple-to-fix glitches/bugs so that they can fix them later and be like "look how good we are, we are always trying to improve the game". Cunts.

• Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement. - Really? You telling me the f*cking beta testers didn't inform SHG that this was a horrid design? Come on son.

/

AC Unity is true next-gen. In fact, it is SO next-gen that it isn't even finished yet! I like to be on the cutting edge and I appreciate that Ubisoft is making games that it is still making, even weeks after you've beaten them.

I also love the forced integration with an app as well as a website. How that works is that you sign in with your uplay account to experience so many error messages that last gen could never display on screen at one time.

The game itself (no spoilers) centers around Arno, an Assasin in search of locked chests that require a cell phone game with micro transactions to open. You level him up by "hacking" into your bank account to drain real money at 60 FPS. The rest of the game runs at a solid 12 FPS which is TWICE as cinematic as a movie... No small feat! Once you've completed "playing" a website on your computer, Arno is finally ready to fall through the ground and enter a white abyss... The core challenge of the game, these moments where you simply fall into the sky that accurately existed under 1700's Paris, are some of the most nail-biting moments in any game ever made... Will the game crash? Will you have to hard reset your console? Results are random, so it will always be a surprise!

Many people just won't "get" this evolution of Assassin's Creed and should spend their time opening up a history book instead. It is there they could read up on Paris' floating people and long battle with pop-in. Even today, many Parisians only exist after you've already walked past them. It is these small details that Ubisoft has nailed and they deserve applause with tons of random audio pops just as you'd hear in the game's cinematics.

After playing this gem, I've decided to fly to Montreal tomorrow to begin playing 2018's Assassin's Creed 9. Unity's only shortcoming was that it was a little TOO finished, so I am hoping the Ubisoft guys will let me plug my controller into a broken vending machine in their studio that simply eats dollars that I put into it without delivering.

/

So far I've only played COD AW and FIFA 15 on my xbone and the amount of bugs and glitches is actually ridiculous for a "next gen" game. smh.

That review  :lmao:

The joke thing is that the last gen console games are completely fucked.  Fifa for example, didn't even bother finishing the game.

Won't expect GTA to be fucked as they already had the game finished so it's just improvements.  Not sure if it's even worth buying gta though.  They failed to live up to what they said they were going to do.

Developers that focus solely on one game >

Sunset overdrive >>> 

GOTY (so far)

Sunset overdrive >>> 

GOTY (so far)

Seen you type this a couple times, what's so good about it?

Watched some video and it looked like a mad childish version of GTA where you skate on rails.

But it's got great reviews so I haven't written it off, could do with a new game..

Sunset overdrive >>> 

GOTY (so far)

Seen you type this a couple times, what's so good about it?

Watched some video and it looked like a mad childish version of GTA where you skate on rails.

But it's got great reviews so I haven't written it off, could do with a new game..

It's a refreshing type of game on the Xbox compared to the normal FPS or Sport games.  PS4 have loads of these type but MS just have fps games.  It's not childish and it's script is aimed at mostly adults.  Has even breaking bad references!

It's more Jet Set Radio type of game, if that's not your thing i wouldn't recommend it.  I got it for £28 so was well worth the price.  With GTA coming out, you're better off waiting for that imo

/

/

All bugs are usually categorised into priorities (pri 1,2,3 etc). As development gets a lot closer to the deadline they focus more on bugs that causes crashes to keep builds as stable as possible and everything else (eg polish/ quest bugs etc) gets triaged out.

They will most likely know about the other bugs but won't be able to fix them depending on how close they are to release in case it breaks the build. In which case they save it for the next available patch.

/

On a side note: anyone's "xbox on" voice command fucking up? If the xbox has been off for awhile (overnight etc) and I try to turn it on via voice command it doesn't work. I have to manually turn it on and from there all the commands work.

/

/

All bugs are usually categorised into priorities (pri 1,2,3 etc). As development gets a lot closer to the deadline they focus more on bugs that causes crashes to keep builds as stable as possible and everything else (eg polish/ quest bugs etc) gets triaged out.

They will most likely know about the other bugs but won't be able to fix them depending on how close they are to release in case it breaks the build. In which case they save it for the next available patch.

/

On a side note: anyone's "xbox on" voice command f*cking up? If the xbox has been off for awhile (overnight etc) and I try to turn it on via voice command it doesn't work. I have to manually turn it on and from there all the commands work.

happens now an them but just thought it didnt understand/ here me