Can you be with a broke guy/girl?

Guest chap44uns

Done it before

My ex was an aspiring singer/songwriter.  Got support from some big stations / started working with established industry heads, interest from PRs and management etc.  She was never BROKE but only just about 'getting by' coz the music came first but the bills needed to be paid.  At first we were both students then after graduation she was doing admin and I was in IT so had more disposable income. 

I lent her money on one occasion and took her on holiday once, which she wasn't keen on....then we split up on said holiday...but then she paid me back the loan and her share of the holiday.

Now I hear years later she is still on the same flex, working in some clothes shop, and trying to make the music work.  I think shes 29 this year....

TL:DR - Theres a difference between being broke and being a sponger with no ambition.

• Downvote 1

If I ever have a daughter I want her to look up to her mother as a positive, self-sufficient female and not a scrounger that got lucky.

Realest talk, I don't think a lot of man think that far down the line though tbh cos if they did certain girl wouldn't make it through the gate.

Guest chap44uns

If I ever have a daughter I want her to look up to her mother as a positive, self-sufficient female and not a scrounger that got lucky.

Realest talk, I don't think a lot of man think that far down the line though tbh cos if they did certain girl wouldn't make it through the gate.

this is exactly it

T.R.U

Now I hear years later she is still on the same flex, working in some clothes shop, and trying to make the music work.  I think shes 29 this year....

Fuuuuu

last bit was just pain on the cake

Boy well for me its another reaffirmation that Im better off without that.

Its funny a few years back Emeli Sande was just another up and comer in the same Glasgow social cirles and music scene.  Now shes made it and my ex is still straggling.  Now thats PAIN.

Fuuuuu

last bit was just pain on the cake

Boy well for me its another reaffirmation that Im better off without that.

Its funny a few years back Emeli Sande was just another up and comer in the same Glasgow social cirles and music scene.  Now shes made it and my ex is still straggling.  Now thats PAIN.

she obv didnt "network" properly

shoulda wifed

Fuuuuu

damn i hope she gets where she wants to be.