Arsenal 2013/14 thread

Anderson

I just hope this summer, Arsenal make sure they compliment the squad with what they need when the deals turn up, instead of stalling on deals, as they are not the name the fanbase wants to hear first.

I don't expect this summer to be much different to last.

If Wenger doesn't get that one early deal in ahead of the international competition...

Add to that we'll probably have to qualify for CL football. The way we stalled until after CL was secure for this season, only then was there talk about big signings actually being completed.

I can't take a whole summer of nothing again and then a last minute deadline day scramble, at least the WC will take my mind off it.

TF stop embarrassing yourself pal

Wenger was once one of the best tacticians but he stayed at the same level while others around him and also the young managers have improved

Sick of people defending this man time and time again

Myth, he's always been system driven. Difference is he actually was pushed by his mate Dein to get it right, not play Football Manager irl on super expert challenge.

I aren't disputing that you watch us, I'm saying you aren't paying enough attention if you're questioning how tactically flexible we've been this season.

Why you're mentioning Cardiff is beyond me, we tend to concede goals against teams we can outscore but against the top teams we're much tighter, which is proven by 2 clean sheets against Spurs & Man Utd and a clean sheet against Everton and Southampton.

Against City & Chelsea we conceded 2 goals at their grounds, in comparison you conceded 6 both times so what is it you're actually getting at? 

When did I say you haven't been tactically flexible? I implied Brendan Rodgers aint the guru your claiming, as he has got found out a few times and IMO his strikers have saved him, but hey next season you would have done this and that if you hadn't been hitting the woodwork again, hey...

I'm mentioning Cardiff the same reason you mentioning Henry... Don't compare your side or your plyers to Henry please. Safe.

We concede, when have I denied this? We don't have a very good striker (again when have I denied that), hence wy we was after yours...

6 at the etihad

6 at stamford bridge

5 at anfield

Rodgers could never let his side get pulvarised like that infact. Shown by his insistence to chop and change formations. You mentioned us getting out played at the Emirates(lol) 2-1. He went with 3 defenders at the back which in hindsight was probably naive and BR said it post game. This tactical move meant Liverpool surrendered the midfield battle for defensive solidity thus Ramsey and co running around doing some cute triangel passes.

Compare that to Wenger who was hands in head as his team got the no vaseline on 3 occasions against title rivals and having no plan b.

This season we have had injuries just like you but the excuse is we play less games which is fair but unlike you lot we play to our strengths. Ie when Suarez was suspended we played to Sturridge strengths constant passes inbehind defences and when sturridge was injured an luis was available Henderson,Sterling etc as decoys to maximise LS. We have had many different formations this season ranging from 3-5-2 to 4-2-3-1 to numerous other systems can the same be said about you? That was my point and u backed it up with waffle and Flojo dun ur dance with his reply.

Lol. Please make it stop.

Was he tactically flexible, when you couldn't see the ball at The Emirates?

I don't wanna take anything away from Brendan or make it a Wenger/Rodgers thing, but he has had strikers that have out scored your teams mistake, which in this league where defending can be a bit mythical at times I find the talk of tactically flexible a bit laughable.

I just hope he's smart enough to know next year he'll need more than Aspas when Suarez and Sturridge are playing three games a week...

We blew our best chance to win the league in years

If he couldn't win the league with song, clichy, cesc, nasri & rvp - hows he gonna win the league with that Lothario up front?

Bonsoir to wenger, I love him but it's over - win that poxy FA Cup and bow out gracefully

• Upvote 1

Sorry TF I disagree re: tactics. If you want to play 1 way at home no matter who the opposition is, to a degree I can understand. Away from home though, to set up the same way is CRIMINAL. And he doesn't want to deviate away from this. It's disgusting how he called it an 'accident'. 3 times shows you he didn't learn after the first beating (although we scored 3).

Away from home he's not that guy anymore.

I said Wenger isn't a tactics man, imo he never has.

All his tactics are decided by the system he plays, everything is preordain.

The only in match situations in his mind are - Defending a lead? Send on your fullbacks for your wingers. Losing and need a win, send on more strikers/offensive players, then send Mertesacker upfront for last 5mins... Winning comfortably, take off the players who have been previously prone to injury (Rosicky/Wilshere)...

Djourou has joined Hamburg on a permanent deal until 2016. Fee £2.5m:

finally got him of the books

thats a decent bit of p for one of my most hated arsenal players in recent times, heart sank every time i saw him starting 

No he wasn't. One season, he was rated highly (when we finally beat Chelsea for the first time in how many years).

But he returned to being big for nothing and shit.