Week 12 - 13/14 Premier League - Champions League & Europa

User

Jose Mourinho has admitted Juan Mata's Chelsea absence is likely to continue as he cannot pick '12, 13 or 14' players.

Spanish playmaker Mata has fallen behind Eden Hazard and Oscar in the pecking order under Mourinho, with Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid believed to be monitoring the situation ahead of January's transfer window.

The 25-year-old has made eight appearances so far this season, scoring one goal, while Hazard has played 13 games and Oscar 14, with the duo netting five and six goals respectively.

Mourinho's favoured formation is a 4-3-3 line-up with two attacking midfielders supporting a lone striker, and Mata started on the bench once again for Tuesday night's UEFA Champions League clash with Basel.

The Portuguese coach says Mata's attitude is fine and that he 'deserves to play', with the strength of Chelsea's squad hindering his first-team hopes.

Mourinho told the London Evening Standard: "There is one thing that is obvious, which is I can't change the rules and I can't start the match with 12, 13 or 14.

"I'd love that because many people deserve to play and Juan is one who deserves to play because of the way he works, behaves, the way we see him every day.

"But if I play him and I don't play (Eden) Hazard or Oscar, you are asking me about Hazard or Oscar in this moment.

"It's a consequence of the squad we have where, for these positions behind the striker, we have so many options.

"It's hard for me. I don't have a special pleasure leaving players out. I enjoy playing them and making them happy, but there's nothing I can do."

Who's getting sacked first mourinho or avb ?

omd Kaka, still got that midfield drive

Montolivo aswell , vision

Like I tried to tell Porchy, players like Kaka just need games

/

Barca stuggle without Messi. It's unacceptable that a club as huge as them doesn't have a Messi replacement sitting on the bench to come and bang 8-)

If Benitez had got this result, chelsea fans would ring out all them dumb posters to the next match

I swear chelsea fans are the thickest cunts on the planet

What are you basing this on?

Most Chelsea fans I talk with think he's lost the plot.

Ostracising Luiz, de Bruyne and Mata.

Playing Lampard every game at 35 out of position.

Sticking with Ivanovic in his worst run of form since we signed him when we've got Azpilicueta more than ready to take over.

Not knowing his best team in December.

Sending Lukaku out on loan.

Still comparing a club legend to a Liverpool legend is a bit silly isn't it.

Especially when we're in the next round and still competing in all competitions.

If Benitez had got this result, chelsea fans would ring out all them dumb posters to the next match

I swear chelsea fans are the thickest cunts on the planet

Sending Lukaku out on loan.

Mourinho is a f*cking mug

Think Lukaku wanted the loan mate.

WC year and he wouldn't be first choice leading the line for Everton and Chelsea is worlds apart.

/

Barca stuggle without Messi. It's unacceptable that a club as huge as them doesn't have a Messi replacement sitting on the bench to come and bang 8-)

Hold up

Did you see Kaka against Barca twice,Chievo,Genoa?

The guy is average

One good game in seven isn't good enough

I take it you didn't see Barca without Messi when the games are relevant

Watch more football

Go to a game or two

Barca got nuff injuries tbf

/

Hold up

Did you see Kaka against Barca twice,Chievo,Genoa?

The guy is average

One good game in seven isn't good enough

I take it you didn't see Barca without Messi when the games are relevant

Watch more football

Go to a game or two

Funnily enough he was good in both games against Barca. I should be asking you if you watched the games. I can confirm I did not see the Geneo and Chievo games though

Put Barca agaisnt good opposition without Messi and they are less effective. I'm not getting at Barca by the way, just making a point