Should Ched Evans, previously convicted of rape, be allowed to play professional football again?

kerser

WTF? Nobody saying she was forced into the room. Point is if she was "in no condition to have intercourse" then both men should have been found guilty

If sex was consensual then he did have business being there...

Right your using the quote of a judge, with the decision of a jury, please stop it, you ain't that thick... The judges qoute suggests he might think both men are guilty but he only has to past sentence on Evans. Fucking hell.

Right Evans lied to the hotel staff to get a room key to open the door... "He said to the night porter that his friend had decided not to come back to the room and as the room had been booked on his credit card he had decided to use the room himself." just stop he had no business being there, even he knew it...

Two problems itt:

1) People haven't read the facts

2) Genuine knowledge about the actus reus and mens rea of rape is scarce.

The facts (if true as presented in the link on page whatever) show that this was NOT rape.

That isn't a facts page, it's on Ched Evans' website with filters.

For example, on his page he says - On the way to the Premier Inn Clayton sent a message to Ched saying words to the effect of ‘I am with a girl'. He really sent "I've got a bird".

WTF? Nobody saying she was forced into the room. Point is if she was "in no condition to have intercourse" then both men should have been found guilty

If sex was consensual then he did have business being there...

Right your using the quote of a judge, with the decision of a jury, please stop it, you ain't that thick... The judges qoute suggests he might think both men are guilty but he only has to past sentence on Evans. f*cking hell.

Right Evans lied to the hotel staff to get a room key to open the door... "He said to the night porter that his friend had decided not to come back to the room and as the room had been booked on his credit card he had decided to use the room himself." just stop he had no business being there, even he knew it...

So it sounds like jury based their decision because of the way he came to the hotel?

Again "If sex was consensual then he did have business being there"

I see your point but he wasn't exactly gonna tell the porter "I'm bout to run train on a bitch" either.

I get both sides of the argument but find it weird how you can convict someone of a crime when there's so much doubt surrounding the situation.

Also, why is there little talk of the witnesses outside the hotel? Surely they could have validated either side of the story..

Surely if she to told him to yam the ting she is consenting

Yeah he's lied to get in the room, walked in on two people having sex, and asked can I join in? Of course he had plenty of business being there...

If she said yes then yes he did

:rofl:

F**king hell even I know why TF is laughing.

Half of you man are going jail. Either that or your children will.

How is this behaviour normal to you lot?

I'm fully DONE with posting in this thread.

Goodbye.

Nah he's wrong, when a judge says to you "The complainant was 19 years of age and was extremely intoxicated. CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend. As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse. When you arrived at the hotel, you must have realised that." then you might wanna really re-evalute how you move. TBH I don't see how you think he did nothing wrong...

No or else I wouldn't bang obviously... Do I really need to point out there is certain levels of just decency? I wouldn't beat no pissy drunk chick, some necrophilia bang.

Sighs...

So he should have found them both guily in that case no?

You know judges don't find people gulity right... They pass sentence.

It actually depends on the jurisdiction and or/court, but in this case (and most crown cases) you are correct.

ANYWAY

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

Having studied the transcript in full, I really don't like his conviction at all, don't care what the EWCA thinks. There is intense debate about this case in legal circles.

The transcript of that case just solidifies then agenda being pushed out. And you know the people shouting the loudest with the fire in their belly haven’t read that at all, just gazed over the DM rough notes and grabbed the nearest pitch fork.

Anyone with a half logical brain can see there is way too much doubt to put someone away for 5 years. It’s all very circumstantial and I didn’t like the way the judge directed the jury not to take her memory loss into account when coming to a verdict.

His defence team citied a report that stated memory loss doesn’t mean she couldn’t make consented decisions.

Not to get it twisted with how scummy Evans moved though..

In the mean time not quite the same but domestic abuser Mel Sykes is the hot favourite to win im a celeb

In conclusion, I think Ched Evans should be allowed to play ball again, that said I don't think his conviction will enable him to ever play in the Premier League or for Wales again...Regardless of ability or form. I geniunely believe the argument for him to not play ball again is fucking stupid. Maybe he shouldn't re-join Sheffield United, but tbh they clearly want him back and many other clubs if they don't will pick him up.

Do I think he's a rapist? That he should've gone jail? TBH I can never answer these questions cos I cant get past how he moved on the night.

• Upvote 3

Nah he's wrong, when a judge says to you "The complainant was 19 years of age and was extremely intoxicated. CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend. As the jury have found, she was in no condition to have sexual intercourse. When you arrived at the hotel, you must have realised that." then you might wanna really re-evalute how you move. TBH I don't see how you think he did nothing wrong...

No or else I wouldn't bang obviously... Do I really need to point out there is certain levels of just decency? I wouldn't beat no pissy drunk chick, some necrophilia bang.

Sighs...

So he should have found them both guily in that case no?

You know judges don't find people gulity right... They pass sentence.

It actually depends on the jurisdiction and or/court, but in this case (and most crown cases) you are correct.

ANYWAY

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

Having studied the transcript in full, I really don't like his conviction at all, don't care what the EWCA thinks. There is intense debate about this case in legal circles.

Does that site have all transcripts?

When I say all I mean say all transcripts for trials at the ccc

Nah I'm back. :lol:

The CCTV footage showed that while she was inside the kebab shop she was unsteady on her feet, at one point she fell over and landed on the floor. On the other hand, outside the kebab shop she could be seen eating pizza from a large box, although she was also seen to stumble, squat, lose her balance, and walk unsteadily. Indeed, she left her handbag in the shop. Based on this evidence, the prosecution case was that she was very drunk.

That is what you're taking home and beating? Let alone running into a hotel, speeching a porter to go and smash and eat out?

Nah fam. :rofl: That's loose behaviour. From both men.