Black British role models

connorwickham

Yes.

I played ball.

My first football role model was David Rocastle. When the other kids was saying Gazza, I was saying "nah mate Rocky",

I begged my mum to buy me a VHS, Arsenal made on him (hell they might not have even made it lol), and during it they did an edit of his tricks with

Playing underneath. I use to get GASSED.

For YEARS I actually use to hear this as I played ball, thats how much that video got played.

Them times there you think I knew who his wife was (he had a black wife before anyone asks) or what he did outside of the pitch, nor did I care at all. This is my point kids don't care, many will say adults shouldn't either.

I didn't just want to be a footballer, I wanted to be a footballer that played like David Rocastle. Of course he was a black role model.

Thats why when man say John Barnes can't be no black role model and posting up who ate all the Chinese Barnes in pics now with s bunch of other flabby whites I'm like fuck off. Barnes the OG. Fuck what he doing today, cos he already made his legacy on black lives, if your a 90s baby I will allow you however.

• Upvote 4

African people back in the day never identified their selves as such but more by tribes 

The white man took you away and did away with all the diverging ideas and called you all black.

Different tribes and cultures blended into one slave soup of black identity.

Instead of trying to recapture your individualism you're stuck choosing identity whites gave you over your own ideas. There's no respect in that.

very real

educated broskis from di aff continent should overstand the realness of this post

n yes imo it is still very relevant today

pos james

So man are saying they weren't simply fans of the rock and thierry

These were you mans role models yeah?

:rofl:

Both are deffo role models, good back stories and reached the top of their respective professions. It's not by luck that both are carving stellar careers outside of their profession. Find both the Rock and Thierry super inspiring even now.

Neither are British though.

So man are saying they weren't simply fans of the rock and thierry

These were you mans role models yeah?

:rofl:

Both are deffo role models, good back stories and reached the top of their respective professions. It's not by luck that both are carving stellar careers outside of their profession. Find both the Rock and Thierry super inspiring even now.

Neither are British though.

Porchy hates them because they're not with this "WOBO"

• Upvote 1

Guest babatundestacks

if you're pro black how can you respect a black women that uses cosmetics to imitate white beauty?

I love them but lose a lot of respect for them when i see shaniqa wearing guptas hair hat.

When im in a relationship i always make sure they know that the weave will eventually be coming out

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest babatundestacks

You wonder why certain communities are doing better than ours. The fundamentals boils down to there culture and family unit.

bruv

you think a bunch of Asians would even be questioning and debating the concept of marrying one of their own?

madness

Truss

See how ludicrous it sounds?

Different

But you can't compare blacks to asians for so many reasons.

But especially a wifey, as this is a race where they are still arranging marriages ffs.

Of course you can compare blacks to asians.

wenn20960470.jpg

Steve McQueen Oscar winner director of 12 years a slave, shame, hunger

Disqualified because of Becky.

Kids are also monsters.

no one can tell me why black people in the public eye CONSISTENTLY marry a low rent becky

CONSISTENT

what is wrong with you lot

Maybe he met her when they was in school and they've been together since?