Anderson

Why do it if you don't need to

There's so many levels to this

Spiritual

Economical

Health wise

The environment and sustainability

Ethics regards not only animals but humans

The way and rate at which we consume meat now is completely unsustainable on all these levels.

Personally i stopped with meat initially because I dont care for it that much and then because u cant trust the provenance of it

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cambridgebanteer said:

What would have happened if our ancestors didn't wear animal skins and consume animal products 

We wouldn't have evolved into homo sapiens is the answer . It's our ability to dominate and consume other species that has made us into the United States of the animal kingdom 

:lmao:

My fear is that if the human race adopts veganism en masse that we will actually de-evolve into the iteration of apes which came before homo sapiens, and instead of being the united States we will be relegated to becoming the Turkish republic of northern  cyprus of the animal kingdom  which isn't  a desirable status to have ie we will lose recognition and we will be turks 

Does that make sense 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Seydou said:

Fax

What is this documentary that has converted you man to veganism? 

I just want to watch while munching down wings from the bossman 

Looooool.

Just baxed off the wickedest slow cooked then honey roasted gammon. Send me the doc though too.

• Like 1

@Seydou ^

I've been pescatarian for about 2 years now. Know too many jokers that will suddenly start telling people they're vegan cos they've not ate red meat in a week. Shit is hard to do mayne. 

My advice is to start easy. Remove pork from your diet to begin with if you're still on that. Then red meat. Then chicken. Then fish. Then anything animal based that's left. eggs, milk, etc. I would like to go vegan but at the same time I'm not trying to stress myself out too much either. 

Why do it?

As Smaddy says, the lists are endless. Health. Environment. Moral.

Link to doc https://fmovies.is/film/what-the-health.llomz

Also on netflix

Not eaten any meat/dairy in 2 weeks or so. Mainly trying it to help with skin issues but it seems to have just made it worse initially

But much better digestion and feel much lighter. Meat just lingers in your stomach and makes you bloated. Where as eating more fiborous foods feels much better on the gut. I also have to drink about 3x as much water than I usually do because all the extra fibre. Also need to eat much bigger portion sizes when you're not eating any meat because the bulk of my calories would come from meat before

The documentaries are 'Cowspiracy' and 'What the Health', both on Netflix and made by the same guy.

I started watching Cowspiracy about a year ago and got pissed off as it just seemed overly biased and all the graphics seemed purposely disproportionate so it grated big time, so I only saw the first 30 mins. Watched What the Health all the way through last week when I had nothing better to do - hints of the same again but I guess theyre tryna sell their idea or whatever.

But neither of them have made me go vegan solely. 

Had some Linda McCartney sausages, baked sweet potato and roasted veg for dinner.

Sausages were actually good. Way way better than I was expecting.

/

Made a tofu miso paste stir fry for lunch tomorrow. Not sure Im gonna enjoy it though. Banged bare sriracha on it to mask it.

Will try some of grafters ideas this week

Not trying to hijack the thread but...

Anyone tried growing their own vegetables? 

Moving house in a couple of months and definitely want to start exploring this. 

Was looking at copping at something like this: https://www.aerospringgardens.com/product-page/aerospring-garden-pro-12-sections-36-plants

Think that company was inspired by this dude..

Minus the evil fish tank, his set up is nuts. Would love to have something like that going. 

Soon come.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

Not trying to hijack the thread but...

Anyone tried growing their own vegetables? 

Moving house in a couple of months and definitely want to start exploring this. 

Was looking at copping at something like this: https://www.aerospringgardens.com/product-page/aerospring-garden-pro-12-sections-36-plants

Think that company was inspired by this dude..

Minus the evil fish tank, his set up is nuts. Would love to have something like that going. 

Soon come.

My mum used to. We had potatoes strawberries runner beans and my grandad used to plant loads of veg as well

When i settle defo wouldn't mind havin a small farm

if meat is bad for you why is it so delicious. there's no vegan food that taste as good as dead animal flesh

we are evolved to appreciate the delicious taste, aromas, flavours and textures of dead animal because it is a fast track to accessing high concentrations of protein and vitamins. The animals have done the hard work for us grazing the fields and/or foraging berries and mushrooms et.

yes we eat too much of it these times. Yes we should severely cut down on meat consumption and we can make a choice as adults to abstain completely but people who impose these snake oil diets on their children should have their kids confiscated imo because you are putting a human being's physical and mental development at risk because of unsubstantiated pseudo science you found on social media

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

what I mean is from an evolutionary perspective i.e. our transition into homo sapiens which was abetted by the use of fire to cook slain animals, back these times this is what the animals were eating. The goodness from the natural plant and funghal resources consumed by animals being concentrated into milk or cooked meat forms whereby we could eat these products without getting sick, is what eventually led us to developing a brain which can build space probes and send them to a next solar system

no vegan apes were evolving into nikolai tesla  is what i am saying so people need to drop out the pseudo science and stick to their moral or  even the more reasonable agricultural arguments for veganism

• Downvote 2

I was meant to say in the first post, I didnt make this thread tryna convert anyone or to discuss the history of evolution.

Im just doing me and gonna try it for a bit to see how it makes me feel. Based on anecdotal evidence of what others have said to me whos opinion i trust, I feel like its at least worth the experiment.

/

I've completed 1 day and i feel like im here defending veganism now :lmao:

4 hours ago, Lionel & Dave said:

If you man are on this my first bit of advice would be following a lot of them vegan warrior people on your feeds 

best way to slowly retune your subconscious when it comes to what you decide to dine on 

also you quickly realise there is soooooo much food out there bar meat 

/

who was that one vegan white guy on here that used to bang weights and that

Dj Bmg or something?

he still on here?

He was a veggie. Good guy hope he's doing well.