The Gym Topic

Flojo

11 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

Whatever training split you're following you should try and switch it up after 6-8 weeks.

Certain guys been training the same muscle groups, with the same splits (chest+tri's etc), on the same day for years and wonder why they're not progressing.

I keep the same split but reorder the exercises and swap numbers of sets eg changing my primary chest exercise from bench to pec fly

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:05 AM, Young Bape said:

Safe brudda yeah I am doing weights mainly. Basically the routine is to just hit every weight machine in the time I'm there like swap around

I would say you should checkout like Bodybuilding.com for some ideas about routines...

If you are going gym around 4 times a week you should try and focus on a different body part per day. e.g.

Day 1 - Chest & Triceps

Day 2 - Legs

Day 3 - Back & Biceps

Day 4 - Shoulders & Either legs or arms

This will allow you to hit each body part hard whilst giving time for recovery etc.

Has anyone ever broken/fractured bones in their foot?  I'm really starting to think I have slightly fractured my second metatarsal.

Basically in football a few weeks ago I was trying to clear the ball and some guy stuck is foot in front of mine just as I swung so I kicked his heel.  I played on and didn't think much of it.  During that week there was some discomfort whilst walking and gym but I pretty much ignored it thinking it was just soreness that would go away.  The following saturday I played again, with no problem able to run with the ball, shoot, etc but after the session my foot was really hurting.  I decided to take a break from football and gym until the pain subsides completely which it pretty much has and I have been icing it here and there.  My concern now is because it is still slightly swollen and whilst there's no real pain there is still discomfort after two weeks of no gym or football activity.  Someone suggested I might have fractured it and I laughed it off, but now I'm starting to take that a bit more serious.  Got an appointment with my doctor next week to refer me for an x-ray but this is the third week with no football and no squats or deadlifts.  I'm losing my mind.

Has anyone ever done deadlifts or squats with a injured foot?  I really don't want to prolong this injury so my gut is saying rest but I also am pissed that I had to stop the momentum I had with my lifts.

Should have just gone A&E early morning like 6am and just waited it out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Agent31 said:

When I go heavy and manage to squeeze 2-3 reps I always drop set and aim for 10-12 clean reps. Good pump.

I'm doing something similar, i do a warmup set, then jump straight to heavy weight (4-7 reps) about 3 sets, then i'll lower the weight and hit 2 sets of 10-15 reps.

Working well

17 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

I'm doing something similar, i do a warmup set, then jump straight to heavy weight (4-7 reps) about 3 sets, then i'll lower the weight and hit 2 sets of 10-15 reps.

Working well

Interesting, will give this a try next week 

When you say working well, what have you noticed so far? 

I been doing 4 x 8 for about 6 months now. Need to switch it up

Do the odd super sets a week, or the odd 6 x 6 but that's as different as it gets really 

1 hour ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

Interesting, will give this a try next week 

When you say working well, what have you noticed so far? 

I been doing 4 x 8 for about 6 months now. Need to switch it up

Do the odd super sets a week, or the odd 6 x 6 but that's as different as it gets really 

I try switching up every 3 mths, your body just gets used to your workouts if you dont change. need to shock the system now and again

• 4 weeks later...

Jumped back in the danger room after being cleared by my consultant

Shoulder feeling better than it has done for YEARS 

Have absolutely obliterated my body this week

Actually been warming up properly and stretching pre and post weights first time in my life

Can actually feel the benefits far looser and doms hitting me way less thsn before although the lads been killing me with gay bants

• 2 months later...
On 27/04/2017 at 11:04 AM, Meticulous said:

what kinda results has anyone here seen from intermittent fasting?

Lost 50lbs+ and still counting with it. 

Good if you've never been a breakfast guy and makes it easy to control intake of cals. Nothing magical though, just another way to control your eating. If you like eating one normal size meal instead of mini low calorie ones, it's for you. It helps appetite suppression long term.

• 1 month later...