Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Somalian

When/if you have children will/do you take them to a place of worship on a regular occurence

127 posts in this topic

When/if you have children will/do you take them to a place of worship on a regular occurence?

Was you taken as a child do you still go?

My answer is No and I will tell my children from early there is no such thing as god and that jesus was part of a band of gypsies/bandits who used illusions on people

Yep

Probably not.

nope, would be a false pretence.

and I was taken, then when my mum stopped being bothered herself she would drop me to church and pick me up.

i found it hypocritical which makes me even less likely to do it myself.

related question - if Your babymothers decide they're having a Christening, and they intend to raise the child Christian, will You attend the Christening?

and I was taken, then when my mum stopped being bothered herself she would drop me to church and pick me up.

related question - if Your babymothers decide they're having a Christening, and they intend to raise the child Christian, will You attend the Christening?

Yeah

When a friend christened her child the father who was a "Muslim" made some big hoo haa about it and said he weren't going but did turn up and even went up to the pulpit when they were blessing the children.

Even though i don't practice any religion I would want to get my child christened. I suppose it's a traditional thing more.

lol nah + if the wife is religious I will make sure the kid knows there is more than one belief from early

lmfao

Even though i don't practice any religion I would want to get my child christened. I suppose it's a traditional thing more.

I'm kinda torn by this.

I wouldn't want to do it because it goes against everything I believe, I know I'd get some major grief for not doing so though.

I guess that's the moment when you truly have to choose one side of the fence.

Sure is. I suppose NOT having one wont make a difference really but it's a culture thing.

I knew someone who's grandma used to say the reason her granddaughters child acted up was because he weren't christened looool.

lmfao

My mum and her siblings would get that treatment. Mr.Grant would go and pick them up in the church van and my grandparents wouldn't go looool

When a friend christened her child the father who was a "Muslim" made some big hoo haa about it and said he weren't going but did turn up and even went up to the pulpit when they were blessing the children.

C/S

C/S

No, I don't believe in any religion so it would be a bit strange.

I would like to think I would but then I can see it being hassle.

Why get your child christen if you don't believe in religion

:/

Why get your child christen if you don't believe in religion

:/

as people said, tradition

went to 1 this wkend

if there's lots of family and friends about, specially those with young kids, its an all round lovely occasion, get a load of photos, cherished memories n its a great excuse for a pissup

plus u'll get a nice few prezzies for ur pup

i'm not sure i'd get it done tho, depends on the bird n circumstances at the time

me n my side of the family's aint been christened

No

I believe that my children should make their own minds up, not have their religious view forced upon them as a child.

yeah and take em church

they can learn some good morals and values in the right church

and hopefully it wouldnt be a case of forcing them but them actually wanting to go

like my nephew loves going church every sunday

but as parent you should be able to teach your child good morals and values?

I hate going church as soon as I am there I would be checking the time for me to go

will tell them to follow my christen beliefs, will tell them about other religions. when he or she turns 18 they can follow any religion they want or not follow any.

my house, my rules, my beliefs , my seed,