The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

nani did waste alot yesterday he just needs 2 slow down

he is wasted on the left imo

valencia didnt have the greatest game but guarantee he will merk next match

berbs merked but shoulda scored more

we need a proven left winger whos left footed ffs

I said it once and I'll say it again, we should've kept Tosic.

In time he would have fit the bill. and he would have at least helped the other situation....it frightens me how no-one highlights how sh*t our set-pieces are...freekicks have been consistently gash and corners wasteful to say the least

He is, however, closing on a return to full fitness and expects to be back in contention by mid-September.

Anderson told United's official website: "I'm so happy and excited to be back again after six months without football. I've been so happy ever since I got back to Carrington and I just can't wait to play again.

"I'm feeling good. I've been training for two weeks and I'm very happy. I think maybe very soon I'll come back again and start playing normally with the rest of the team.

"I have had no problems at all with the injury. I'm just running and training now really hard."

Bebe-Man-Utd-trackie_2490097.jpg

man had the trim

fergie must of said no dreads on the team, he looks pissed

Sent: 17 Aug 2010 14:25

Portuguese journalists telling me short-back-and-sides-man Sir Alex Ferguson has ordered Bebe to cut off his dreadlocks #MUFC

sent via web

On Twitter:

Deep

LOL @ his plainface

noticia22731_190810_172044.jpg

Well it appears our appeal has fallen on deaf ears. Last month we called for Rodrigo Possebon to be given a chance before he is written off but it looks like just 1 game into the season his United career is over.

Possebon has gone back to Brazil, having signed a 4 year deal with Santos with some Brazilian outlets are saying they have only bought 35% of his rights.

Upon signing, Possebon said:

“It’s a pleasure to be at a club like Santos. It is a unique opportunity and I will work hard to give my best here. I hope to play a lot of times here.”

“It was a great experience playing in Europe and I have made progress as a player.  Now, I want to adapt as quickly as possible.”

Possebon’s United career went downhill following a robust challenge from Emmanuel Pogatez in a Carling Cup tie against Middleborough in 2008. He went on loan to Sporting Braga at the start of last season but was unable to break into the team and returned to the club half way through having made just 1 appearance.

Possebon made eight apps for the first team (3 starts, 5 subs) and 29 apps (all starts) for the Reserves. He scored twice for the Reserves.

Probably would've had more chances if it wasn't for Pogatetz

that tackle ended his career tbh

Holland international Rafael van der Vaart says that if he is forced out of Real Madrid then Manchester United would be his preferred destination.

Van der Vaart is reportedly on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu with Real now set to trim their star-studded squad following a host of summer arrivals - including Mesut Ozil.

Only recently the 27-year-old stated he was not looking to leave Real and wanted to play for another campaign with the Spanish giants.

However, Van der Vaart says that should he leave it would only be for The Red Devils as he is not looking to join a lesser club.

The former Hamburg and Ajax midfielder is an admirer of United tactician Sir Alex Ferguson and thinks that if a fee is agreed for his services the club would be hard to turn down.

Hard to reject

"I could never play for another club in Spain and the truth is that if you are leaving Real Madrid, there is only one club you can join that is not a step down - and that's Manchester United," is quoted in the Daily Express.

"They are a huge club and if the reported interest they have in me turns out to be true, then I would really have to sit down and listen.

"If Manchester United could offer me first-team football with the situation as it is at Madrid, it would be very hard to turn down. Alex Ferguson is a great coach and I would never think about joining a team where I didn't believe I could win things, so all of a sudden that limits your choices.

"At Manchester United you know success is likely and that's a big factor for me at this stage of my career.

"If [Real boss] Jose Mourinho makes it clear I won't play much, I see my future in English football."

come and get me

no more then 5m though

good squad player

Vidic pens new contract

20/08/2010 15:55

Nemanja Vidic has signed a new four-year contract, keeping him at Manchester United until at least June 2014.

The news comes four weeks after the club issued a statement making public both its and the player's desire for Vidic to remain at Old Trafford. At that stage, however, the deal was merely agreed. The Serbian defender has now put pen to paper to cement his long-term future.

Vidic, who has made 188 appearances since joining United in January 2006, told ManUtd.com: "I am very happy to sign this contract. I came to this club when I was young and have developed enormously with the help of the manager, coaching staff and my team-mates.

"During my time here we have had a lot of success and I look forward to continuing that success in the coming seasons."

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson told ManUtd.com he was delighted Nemanja had committed his future to the club.

"This kills all the silly speculation over the past few months," he said. "Nemanja has developed into one of the best centre-halves in Europe and we are pleased he will be here for many years to come."