Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like I've been parred. Go to this interview and the interviewer giving positive feedback and everything and they offer me a internship instead of the original £22-27k p/a job, where the internship pays £12k p/a (not even minimum wage ffs).

I've informally accepted it but will see what the contract is saying properly before signing. Thing is this is like the most interesting company I've interviewed for so far, definitely would have declined otherwise.

feel di pain

A bit unsure as to why the starting salary has a 5grand range. That's a huge difference, but accept it and prove yourself.

You'd rather be working for the right company with the right prospects and opportunities to progress than some shit hole that comes with the 23-24 grand from the get go..

Yeah it seems like a good stepping stone at the least. Plus it's in the area I planned on building my own business in so if I ever wanna pick up those plans again Ill have better skills for that.

Also started to think on the idea of going for a masters degree after a year or two of work.

That situation sounds mad but getting an internship is hard to come by let alone the FT. IMO Go for it and keep looking for other similar jobs with better pay because right now in this job market we are in experience is more important than grades when you're just starting out your career. 

If you decide to stay with the company on the long run the job you're going for seems to be an opportunity to prove yourself and climb the ladder. When you have that progression on your CV as well as the experience you will be a far more attractive loyal commodity to future employers.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not official yet, but I will be getting full time permanent at my accounts job. I swear only now the grind seems so worth it. Should be getting the contract later today. No more Apple and no more 2 jobs. I'm so motivated right now.

• Upvote 7

Thanks people. Just had the managing director confirm it. He said everyone in the finance was pleased with the decision, and the finance director apparently sees a lot of potential in me. I'm grinning from ear to ear, but I have to sit in class from 6-9 now which is a bit long right now but it needs to be done.

• Upvote 7