Official Job Vacancies Thread

zeezee

I used to be like you, hated coming to work (counting down to payday and clock-watching), management were wankstain. It took me 2 months into the role to realise I didn't want to work there anymore So after work I would be online just applying for jobs. Paid off after 9 months when I smashed an Interview, and the feeling of handing in my notice to my manager was the best feeling, to add insult to injury I ducked out by the end of the week (really didn't feel the need to be there anymore)

Now loving my new job so much I don't realise when payday comes and goes.

• Upvote 1

I used to be like you, hated coming to work (counting down to payday and clock-watching), management were wankstain. It took me 2 months into the role to realise I didn't want to work there anymore So after work I would be online just applying for jobs. Paid off after 9 months when I smashed an Interview, and the feeling of handing in my notice to my manager was the best feeling, to add insult to injury I ducked out by the end of the week (really didn't feel the need to be there anymore)

I need to be on this, but its like everyday after work i can't seem to find the energy to bang out the job apps

its like im stuck

I need to be on this, but its like everyday after work i can't seem to find the energy to bang out the job apps

its like im stuck

Cosign the above statement.... hating a job and the feeling that people at work tryna mug you off is a powerful tool.

3 years ago when i was fresh out of uni i got a grad role in a small to medium sized computer company.... Roll was rubbish but it was work. The people i worked with were cool but management were d1ckheads and really undermined me and tried to belittle me... Anyways for 6 months or so i would go home after work and spend a few hours looking for a new job (even did it at work sometimes).... the feeling when you hand in your notice and tell them you are moving to a much bigger and better company is priceless. My ex managers face when i told her i was moving to an investment bank :lmao:  especially being black and the management all white i bet she thought i would amount to nothing....

• Upvote 3

I was meant to be put on an assistant management course but .... well its a long story. I was mugged off basically.

Yeah was thinking bout getting an sia, also thinking od getting into brick laying or something

try apprenticeship which offer industry specific skills sets not job specific. No money in trying to be a jack of all trades.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I'm redrafting up my CV, which has my first proper job after having graduated.

How do I restructure?

Like first instinct is to put my current job as the first thing, but do I then put all the other (somewhat irrelevant) work experience after, before my education?

Or do I put my education after my proper job, then have an "other work experience" section after?

• 2 weeks later...

what the best sites for IT jobs 

i feel websites such as reed.co.uk, and monster.co.uk, are to bait, and my CV don't get look at 

certain jobs have like 150 plus applicants, like wtf 

Put your CV out there, Monster etc.

Try get buddy to a recruitement agent, same guy got me three interviews, passed the second.

• 3 weeks later...

For the love of god don't lie about your educational achievements or job history when you go for a good job.

I randomly linked up with some old work mates, spoke to someone in HR who I knew and she told me all about how she was contacted by my company asking for loaaaaads of information

Does anyone send follow up emails after interviews?

No but one of the best pieces of advice i've been given is to ensure you ask the interviewer if they need any clarification on any points mentioned during the interview, alot of people just skip over things (even interviewers) and then judge you for them at a later date. If you ask them to clarify then you can address anything they might be concerned about on the spot and it looks alot better.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Oi Carlos I forwarded your linkedin to my boss at Amazon, they're gonna screen your profile, if you're in the market for a new job that is.

Anyone with any digital experience? We're looking at a broad range of candidates so any tech experience, co-ordination, operations, will probably get the once over, let me know!

• Upvote 2