Gallas comments + Stripped of armband *Merged*

HangTheDJ

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the chaos that is reigning over my club right now is quite concerningWe have not had a true captain since Vieria, Henry and Gallas have simply been appeased; the armband has been used as a political gesture. Even now, I do not believe we have a natural leader in our current team, it could have been Toure but to be honest, a captain is meant to lead by example.So january transfer window it is, I reckon this is gonna be some form of a catalyst to get us back to where we deserve...or plummet us outa the top 4

the chaos that is reigning over my club right now is quite concerningWe have not had a true captain since Vieria, Henry and Gallas have simply been appeased; the armband has been used as a political gesture. Even now, I do not believe we have a natural leader in our current team, it could have been Toure but to be honest, a captain is meant to lead by example.So january transfer window it is, I reckon this is gonna be some form of a catalyst to get us back to where we deserve...or plummet us outa the top 4
Wrong, we havent had a great captain since Adams

Wrong, we havent had a great captain since Adams
vieira was a great captin. allow ur hype

Tbh he is 2big a player for Arsenal at the moment, hes a man whos won things not a kid from Africa or BrazilHes gone from training with Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Essien etc fighting on the pitch as a team 2 Arsenal, a team full of pretty fags..Taking stick from RVP has 2be a low point for Gallas, shoudda smacked him in the mouth tbh, whats RVP done in his career?
C/Sbut gallas aint smacking no one tho lets be honest here.... he is a p*ssy

Childish, crazy and plain wrongWRIGHT_361681a.jpg IAN WRIGHT - ColumnistEmail the authorPublished: TodayA LARGE amount of responsibility comes with being captain of a top football club.You have to let people know the team is together and if that doesn’t happen, you get anarchy.At the moment, it seems like anarchy at Arsenal.William Gallas is a very passionate man and I admire the fact that he clearly cares about his team.On this occasion, though, he has got it wrong.I cannot believe he spoke about a rat in the dressing room that the players do not like.Gallas was also crazy to reveal a punch-up which happened during half-time against Spurs. Some things have to stay in the dressing room.You always get fights but that’s part of football. Throughout my career, without exaggeration, I must have seen 20 proper fights at the training ground.They can often prove to be a good thing as they can clear the air, but the problems can often begin when the incidents become public.At the moment, Arsenal’s team spirit appears at a low ebb.The captain must not only protect the players but must protect the fans.Arsenal’s supporters are now wondering ‘what the hell is going on at our club’.I thought him pointing the finger at a player ‘six years younger’ than himself was childish. He should have come out and named him or not mentioned him at all.I’m not sure there are enough English players within the team to say ‘what’s going on’ and to sort things out. There’s no Tony Adams. No Steve Bould. There are clearly divisions in the dressing room. This needs to be sorted quickly.The trouble is there are not enough leaders in that team.What really worries me is the situation had been festering inside Gallas.He did not just blurt the words out. He had been thinking about it. Now the situation’s exploded.At times team spirit has appeared to be weak and that they are not fighting for each other. As a result, they will find it harder than ever against opposing teams, who will sense this frailty.When I was at Arsenal, we used to resolve things in a coffee shop, a place along the King’s Road in London.We ended up having our Christmas parties there as well, because of Tony Adams’ and Paul Merson’s problems with booze.We always used to joke that we were the only players who had a Christmas party drinking hot chocolate!But when we went there, we sorted things out. We solved our problems with each other — and had a laugh.The players were in an environment away from the club and it was good for all of us.I think the Arsenal players need to go away somewhere, outside the training ground, to get everyone back together.Otherwise, I’m worried some of the foreign players will stay silent and think to themselves ‘I’ll keep quiet and go to another club in the summer’.This can’t be allowed to happen and I’m hopeful it won’t.Arsene Wenger has a team with great potential and he’s experienced enough to deal with the situation and get them playing for each other.Gallas, the man guilty of starting this problem, needs to roll up his sleeves and show us what he’s made of.IAN WRIGHT was talking to CHARLIE WYETT

Arsenal need a holding midfielder tbh, this is why I was creasing when Wenger chose not to sign Inler in the summer. Him and Fabregas in the middle would of gave you different results to the ones you've had so far.I fully expect Arsenal to improve when Eduardo is back though.Eduardo and Adebayor was a decent partnership whilst it lasted.

ARSENE WENGER is demanding William Gallas grovels in front of his Arsenal team-mates or face being kicked out.The Gunners boss claims his ex-captain still has a future at the club but only if he apologises for the outburst which saw him stripped of the armband.Wenger summoned his captain to a meeting on Thursday evening after Gallas laid into his colleagues in a controversial interview this week.The defender was said to have gone 'ballistic' at being stripped of the captaincy and is thought to be extremely reluctant to say sorry.The club have effectively placed Gallas on ‘gardening leave’ and are ready to off-load him in January if he does not withdraw his comments.A Gunners source said: “Gallas went ballistic when he was told by Wenger he had lost the captaincy and the row escalated from there.“He loved being captain. It was the first time in his career he had held the role at a club. He wanted to remain as Arsenal captain.“He will find it difficult to apologise for his behaviour, which is the only thing he can do to play for the club again.“Arsene is not happy with him. He has stuck by him and publicly defended him many times but this has been the final straw.”Wenger was not prepared to discuss the affair, which has rocked Arsenal this week.After Saturday’s soul-destroying defeat at Eastlands, he said: “We can stay here until midnight if you like and you can ask the same questions and I will give the same answers.“Of course, Gallas still has a future at this club — but it will not help to talk about it now.“He is a player who doesn’t play today, so what can he do for the club today? Nothing.”Wenger told Gallas he wanted him to apologise and take his place in the starting line-up at Manchester City despite the demotion.But the former Chelsea star was so overcome by anger that he opted to stay in London and train alone.He remains furious that the interview was made public as he believed the comments were given off the record to a French journalist while on international duty.He said Arsenal’s young squad was not brave enough to challenge for honours and that he felt one of his team-mates — thought to be Robin van Persie — was undermining the squad.And he could have landed himself in even deeper water when Wenger reads further exerts from the autobiography which Gallas had published in France last week.In it, he again accuses his team-mates of lacking bottle, although after the 3-0 humbling at the hands of Manchester City — which left Samir Nasri, Manuel Almunia and Alex Song distraught — even the Frenchman’s critics would admit he has a point.Gallas claims his breakdown after last season’s 2-2 draw at Birmingham was justified because the result opened the door for Manchester United to surge ahead in the title race.He said: “A few months after that match, I had a talk with one of United’s players.“He told me: ‘William, when you drew at Birmingham, our manager got up and said: Lads, the door is still open and we are going to be champions. We are going to come back at them.’“That said a lot. It was exactly what I felt the day I blew my top on the pitch.”Gallas was all the more disgusted because he had sensed Arsenal’s kids had started to take things easy in preceding games. He explains: “I had the feeling my young ones, confident in the power of our game, were getting less and less involved.“They were so convinced of winning the title they were beginning to relax. I made efforts to explain they must never lower their guard.“How could I transmit this determination to maintain direction to the end?”Gallas accuses his team of failing to handle the shock of seeing striker Eduardo da Silva’s shattered ankle early in that fateful encounter.He adds: “They were no doubt too young to withstand the pressure. They couldn’t get a grip on themselves. I felt they had trouble holding the road.“For me, everything collapsed with that penalty. This was the beginning of the end. That failure said a lot about the state of mind of our troops. I ran across the pitch like a madman, kicked an advertising board and sat down crying in the centre of the pitch.“Was it a good attitude for a player? No. Was it a good reaction for a captain? No. My attitude was stupid. In hindsight I should have had more restraint. I was carried away by my passion.“I’d like someone to understand. Not for me to be forgiven, but to be understood.”But this latest outburst will distance him even further from team-mates who want him OUT of the club altogether.He does not have a single ally in the Emirates dressing room after alienating the rest of the squad over the past year.He is said to have been involved in a huge row with Cesc Fabregas in the aftermath of Arsenal’s defeat at Chelsea, which killed off their title hopes in March.Gallas does not see eye to eye with the Spaniard and is likely to be irked further if the midfielder is made captain when he returns from suspension.Wenger’s summary of the afternoon’s events were wildly at odds with his team’s sorry display.He claimed: “The first goal turned the game. I felt that whoever scored it would have a massive advantage.“We conceded a goal in first half injury time when they had not created a lot and we had been in control of the game.“After that they played a lot of the counter attack and we played into their hands. We lacked a bit of maturity but it is not as negative as it will come out. We were focused and we gave everything.“We are a strong team in a strong club and how deal with this will determine our future.“We just have to try and win the next game and not set targets that don’t look immediately reachable.“This is not the worst week for me — we have had worst weeks.”

William Gallas is in contention to figure in Arsenal's game against Dynamo Kiev, but will not captain the team.The French defender's future at the Emirates Stadium has become a hot topic of debate after his public criticism of his team-mates in midweek.Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger left Gallas out of his squad for Saturday's defeat at Manchester City and stripped the 31-year-old of the captaincy.Wenger declined to comment on the former Chelsea defender's situation after the 3-0 loss at the City of Manchester Stadium, but chairman Peter Hill-Wood has backed whatever action the manager decides to take.Gallas trained with the rest of the first-team squad on Sunday ahead of Tuesday's UEFA Champions League tie at home to Dynamo.Sky Sports News understands the centre-half will be considered for selection for that game, but will not skipper the side.Goalkeeper Manuel Almunia was given the armband against City, while full-back Gael Clichy is reportedly another candidate for the role.
Them man are pissed, training on Sunday, lmao.TBH if I was Gallas I dunno if I'd play... Not saying its right but I dunno.