VIP2 MOVIE CLUB pt.2

Admin.

Started watching '42' last night but only saw like the first 15 mins as I was knackered but seems like it will be a very good movie - based on a true story about the first negro (Jackie Robinson) to play Major League Baseball.

Also watched Tyler Perry's temptation marriage counsellor film which was alright if you like them kinda films, TP gets hated on so much though I feel sorry for the guy can't do anything right without getting criticized - at least a nigga is trying

• Downvote 1

The East was a really enjoyable, recommend.

Now You See Me, watching 2nd time was nothing special at all.

Chasing Mavericks was average, really well photographed, wouldn't watch again or recommend, but wasn't annoyed/bored, didn't want to leave the film or anything, plus I got to see Riley from Terminator, which is always good.

MV5BMjI2Mzk4Mjk1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDEw

img-leven-rambin_102922881749.jpg

Man of Steel is an epic film

Very fast paced and perfect selection for the characters

Clocked the Lex Corp on the oil tanks and construction sites, must be the next one

On the same level as the Batman films imo

• Upvote 1

watched world war z on the weekend, i was not happy at all, it had nothing to do with the book, they basically just paid for the rights of the name

but if u aint read the book, u will probably like it because, all ur expecting is zombies and running 

Spike Lee's remake of Old Boy trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yf9te8cesg

Damn. Didn't realise this went through. I'm sure most people are mad before even seeing it.

Looks disappointing to me, but then again I don't know what the original manga version was like, and I think it's based on that?

I like Spike Lee's stuff though tbh so hopefully there is some decency to it, but not sure what I think about Brolin in this. 

Also

How come they show the daughter? Or is it a different girl?

CGI fight scenes in Pacific RIm were way to slow. Would have appreciated them at 3 times the speed. Would go as far as to say the human combat was better than the Robot-Alien combat.

Idris Elba's one liner >>>>> had me in stitches.

The scientist storyline should have been explored further

The way in which the Robots were controlled by humans should have been explored further. Hope these are covered in the director's cut.

Surprised to see Shawn Slater from Eastenders get such a big part in a hollywood film, he played as much of an a**hole as Shawn Slater was

/

Tino, it's released in US cinemas tomorrow, it's getting a continental European release in January (not including UK), possible UK release depending on European success.

was it funny? looks too hit and miss for me to have taken a chance on it

there were some parts that had the whole theatre cracking up, I enjoyed a handful of moments, I wouldn't recommend it though, I spent most times waiting for the next bit of decent comedy instead of caring about the story

I personally wanted to go see This Is The End, and thing is I actually didn't know what it was before I went to see it, and as someone who knows about programming, Google, and the general crap you go through getting employed in that area it was all a bit boring and cringy to see it in the way that it was portrayed