RVP Contract Situation

gemma

ifhe didnt get the goals someone else would have

I would say sell but our recruitment has been dire for around the same duration of years we have been trophyless

so if we did sell the best we could hope for is more arteta/santos/merte/benayoun bargain basement/tier below superstar players

rather than a reus or goetze we sign podolski and give him 100k pw. its pretty clear podolski is a replacement for rvp

the board are not interested in winning things Wenger needs to stop gassing up the supporters.

Lol who?

Chamack?

Theo??

Lol please.

• Upvote 9

Let him run down his contract. F**k him, and while you're at it, make Vermaelen captain.

The f**k is Wenger gonna do with the RVP money THIS summer, when there's already talk of who we're purchasing now while he's STILL here? I'm sure that Cesc/Nasri money is getting some nice interest. This time Wenger, tell your player "Go f*ck yourself, leave for free next season Mr. 29-30 year old, go get your 4 year lucrative deal next year.

• Upvote 2

David Ornstein@bbcsport_david

Van Persie joined the Dutch squad today with no agreement either way on his future. Resolution not expected any time soon#bbcsportsday #afc

David Ornstein@bbcsport_david

Don't expect much news either. All camps agreed a vow of absolute silence - furious with a story published on a website on Monday night#afc

Patrick Vieira cannot believe Arsenal are at risk of losing Robin van Persie by letting his contract roll into its final year.

And he fears if they do not keep hold of him the club could continue to lose their star players in future seasons.

If Van Persie leaves the club it will be the second summer in a row they have lost their top players after Barcelona signed Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri moved to Manchester City in the break last year.

And their former captain, the last player to lift a cup for the Gunners in 2005, believes the likes of Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere could follow if Arsene Wenger does not stabilise the club.

The Frenchman said: ‘It's really difficult to find players of the quality of Robin van Persie with one year left all around the world.

‘I think losing Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas last year was a big shock for Arsenal. For the fans, for the people who love Arsenal.

‘I think if they lose Robin van Persie this year it will be a drama. With Samir and Cesc you can say “OK, those two are gone but behind you know that there is Wilshere and Van Persie still at the club”.

‘But if Robin leaves that means next year it may be Theo Walcott, next year's going to be Wilshere, it's going to be difficult for Arsenal to keep the top players.

‘On the other side if they keep Robin they're going to send a positive message to all the clubs and to all the people around and I think it's really important to keep him.’

According to Vieira the only way Arsenal can get him to stay is to convince him they can end their seven-year trophy drought.

The 35-year-old added: ‘Robin wants to win trophies. He wants to win. Arsenal have to show him he can do it with Arsenal. The best way for them to get him to sign a contract is to bring players to the club who can show him that the club are in the same line as him.

‘It's really important because we know how Robin loves Arsenal that's not the question, the question is how Arsene Wenger will convince Robin they can win trophies.’

ifhe didnt get the goals someone else would have

I would say sell but our recruitment has been dire for around the same duration of years we have been trophyless

so if we did sell the best we could hope for is more arteta/santos/merte/benayoun bargain basement/tier below superstar players

rather than a reus or goetze we sign podolski and give him 100k pw. its pretty clear podolski is a replacement for rvp

the board are not interested in winning things Wenger needs to stop gassing up the supporters.

Lol who?

Chamack?

Theo??

Lol please.

LMAO

Behave bro, behave. Thats like saying if Messi didnt get the goals someone else would have. RVP is probably the best striker in the world right now.

• Upvote 1

would be a good replacement for owen/berba in 2 seasons NOW

Van Persie in danger of pricing himself out of move away from Arsenal

Robin Van Persie is in danger of pricing himself out of a move from Arsenal with unrealistic wage demands.

The Holland striker’s talks over a new contract ended this week without a conclusion and Van Persie will head to the European Championship next month with his future in doubt.

However, Sportsmail can reveal that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester City are baulking at the astronomical numbers associated with a bid for the 28-year-old.

As well as Arsenal demanding a transfer fee of more than £20million, sources in Spain claim that Van Persie wants to be paid in line with top earners such as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, who receive weekly wages upwards of £275,000.

With the European market expected to be depressed due to the impact of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules this summer, Van Persie is at risk of putting his major suitors off.

City remain interested but also have an eye on their wage bill.

It would help them if they could offload top earner Carlos Tevez, but they certainly will be unwilling to stretch to the numbers mentioned this week.

http://www.dailymail...ce-Arsenal.html

If he has a storming Euros he'll get what he wants, anywhere he wants.

Like I said, it makes no sense selling him. Let him run down his contract. Here's hoping his last kick for Arsenal is the winning penalty in the CL like Drogba.

Bye bye!

c/s

i would rather have him 1 more season than take the 20 mill

Let's agree to disagree. I'd tell him shut his mouth, be professional, and play his last season. Just once, just ONCE, I want Arsenal to cut their nose to spite their face. Let him stay, do his job, and if you wanna duck out when it's done then so be it. I'm sick and tired of money in our hands and no quality, and we're buying potential or KIDS. And by kids I mean SECONDARY SCHOOL kids.

• Upvote 2

I want van Persie to stay, I think its paramount to any success.

However and this is the big problem, Arsenal are going to put in him a position where he will be sold and a summer where we are suppose to progress, we will end up just stuck on the same issue.

We are going to end up like a dog chasing its tail again.

Wenger wants van Persie tied up, clearly it was the priority after signing Podolski... No doubt Wenger probably thinks once he is re-signed, re-signing others, and signing others becomes easier.

van Persie wants signings before he re-signs.

The board will no doubt very intensely be looking at the wage budget and saying van Persie wages jumping 50k is basically a new players wage, Walcott & Song combined probably another new 50k player, then the three 50k+ players that we all expect this summer to arrive, thats 250k now delete Almunia's 50k (however not until June). Then remember that the players out on loan (Denilson, Bendtner, etc...) all re-join the wage bill 1st June.

We ain't gonna deliver that all, so the van Persie speculation will grow, agents will talk and encourage, van Persie will get sold a project, bids will be made and the board will accept.

If AW is remotely serious about winning the league though, what you two write shouldn't even happen. I'm still debating whether to touch games next season. The only reason I'm defo renewing my away membership is because they've stopped doing new members, only renewals.

The fans don't care about business, only football and trophies, same as players, and it seems the fans aren't the only ones fed up.

It's not that I don't understand what you've written TF, it's simply that I don't give a sh*t. I don't support figures, I support the PLAYERS. And I don't want anyone being smart saying "You mean you support the club".