Caribbean restaraunts shooting themsleves in the foot ?

Guest petercrotch

On 1/21/2017 at 6:09 PM, meridian said:

Always check the order before leaving, been a victim to this on many occasions.

believe I had to ask afterwords for my macaroni that I 100% ordered and had confirmed in my order

also got rice and peas when I asked for plain rice.

and of course I'm the bad guy and the staff are very defensive over their mistake.

the timescale... when I order food, I think any waiting time over 15 minutes, I should be told "that's gonna be about half an hour",

I will never try to have caribbean food on a lunch break again, rushing the food and rushing back to work was a myth. 

• Upvote 1

went to Levi Roots place in Stratford Westfield yesterday

was alright

had the pepper pot vegetable stew with rice and peas and a sour sop cooler

quite satisfied

they've put real effort into the decor and the overall experience

in the toilet they've got some audiobook style patois lesson thing playing over the systems

takin a slash like "you what mate?!"

12 minutes ago, kerser said:

http://www.mangoroom.co.uk/closing-down/

Mango Room is Closing Down on 19-February-2017
Thank you for all your support

We want to tell you; our very important customers, about changes that are about to happen; The Mango Room is closing its doors as a day to day restaurant in the very near future.  This is with sadness as with 18 years of business, the restaurant has always been a fixture of Camden Town and has also been very prominent in sharing such a wonderful food culture of the Caribbean with so many different people from so many different walks of life. 

Can You also let us know when the food changed to suit non Caribbean customers as I doubt they were doing this the entire 18 years and this is what I said was the short term novelty

And I've never met anyone who wants to build a business to last for 18 years. It's brief

I've seen people aim to run it for a short time, or run it for the rest of their lives and pass it down

Never 18 years. But if this is something You know of, fair play to You

2 hours ago, O Fenomeno said:

Only ever been to one Caribbean place and it was in Bournemouth.

The lady didn't want to be there(bare kissing her teeth and permanent screw face).

African Food>>>>Caribbean food 

cant agree

african woman tried to give man dry beef (when i was eating meat) and got mad when i asked for some stew with it...walking bare slow to the kitchen dragging her flip flops

everything was dead minus the puffpuff.