Fabrice Muamba

O Fenomeno

gun__1332053003_muamba1.jpg

Steve Bould worked with Fabrice Muamba when the young midfielder came through the ranks at Arsenal.

The Under-18s coach has paid this tribute to the former Gunner, who is critically ill in hospital after collapsing during Saturday's FA Cup tie between Tottenham and Bolton.

"I was listening to the radio when it happened and it's just tragic. Fabrice is a genuinely nice lad, he is respectful, well-mannered and we just hope and pray that he's going to pull through.

"When he was at Arsenal, Fabrice was hungry for information - he always wanted to improve and he would be out on the pitches for hours having a go. He would try anything to be the best he could be. It is the same with his studying - he's a really bright lad.

"I was at our Hale End academy when Fabrice first arrived and he still has that attachment to the Club. He was here recently because he loves to come down and see what's going on. The lad lives and breathes football. Our thoughts are with Fabrice and his family."

Martin Keown- Former Arsenal defender who trained with Muamba when he was a scholar at the club

Fabrice Muamba caught the attention from the second he turned up at Arsenal. He walked in and pleaded with the club for a trial and he impressed straight away - as a player and as a person.

Walking in off the street like he did showed he was determined to make something happen in his career and there was soon a buzz about him around the training ground. He was intelligent, always had a huge smile on his face and had the attitude to make a career for himself.

When a youngster is around senior players, you want them to be respectful and he was. He was quickly seen as the successor to Patrick Vieira because he is big, quick into the tackle and got around the pitch quickly. Yes, he was raw and needed some work on his passing but there was excitement about him.

When he went on loan to Birmingham, we expected him to come back. In fact, he turned out to be quite a late developer and that means that he still might end up at a top club one day. Let’s all hope so.

gun__1332053025_muamba2.jpg

Arsène Wenger has paid tribute to Fabrice Muamba following the Bolton midfielder's collapse during Saturday's FA Cup tie at Tottenham.

The Arsenal manager said: "This is of course a massive shock to us all and we just hope that Fabrice will pull through safely. You pray that the damage will be repaired and that Fabrice will come out healthy and we will see his smile again. That is all you wish for.

"As a man, Fabrice has a positive attitude towards life, he is full of determination and has a great desire. Everyone at Arsenal has huge respect for Fabrice. Even after he left us, he often passed by to say hello and speak about how it was going for him. We feel very deeply attached to him.

"He is what you would call a committed player. His hunger and determination was so big. When he was younger, he had massive players in front of him at Arsenal, but I felt he had reached the level to play in the Premier League, so we let him go and he has proved his quality.

"A football player always remains attached to where he was educated. Fabrice had his friends from childhood here and they remain your friends forever.

“We are all thinking of Fabrice, his family and everyone close to him.”

Steve Bruce - Signed Muamba for Birmingham from Arsenal

I needed some backbone and I had been tipped off about Fab, so I went to watch Arsenal’s reserves. When I returned to my staff, I said: ‘I’ve found the black Robbie Savage.' :/

Fabrice loves a tackle. At Birmingham, he would put absolutely everything into it when he challenged for a ball. Sometimes even I winced on the sidelines because there wasn’t much room for error. He was young and very, very raw. But, crucially, he wanted to learn. The over-riding asset of Fabrice’s was his athleticism.

Away from the game, it was only when you sat him down and spoke to him that you realised what an incredible story his was. What he had come through, from the civil war in Congo, to get here.

When he made his debut at St Andrew’s, all of his family were there. You couldn’t miss them! They all wore royal blue shirts with ‘Muamba’ on the back. They were so proud. And they have every right to be. I’m not just saying this because of what has happened - the minute Fabrice arrived at St Andrew’s he lit up the place. He had this massive smile. It absolutely defined him. I dearly hope I will see it again.

Liam Brady, Arsenal's Head of Youth Development, worked closely with Fabrice Muamba during the midfielder's time at the Club from 2002 to 2007.

Liam has paid the following tribute to Fabrice, who is in critical condition in hospital after collapsing on Saturday.

"Like everyone else I am completely shocked. I was in Barcelona with our Under-14 team and I was watching the Tottenham v Bolton game on TV. I was completely horrified by what happened and we are hoping and willing him to pull through.

"Fabrice was always a happy boy at Arsenal, a well-mannered boy. He seemed to really appreciate the opportunity he had and was fully intent on giving his best. He has been like that ever since he was 12.

"He comes to visit us, he calls in when he can. Fabrice remembers where he came from and he's a smashing young man. He's determined to make the best of his career and let's hope that determination helps him pull through the situation he is in."

His sister was in China or some other Far East country had a strange dream that Muamba collapsed so she rang him.

He answered and told her to call him later he was about to go and play so she didn't get to him the strange dream.

an hour late she gets told the news by a relative

So is it true certain people see things in their dreams before it happens?

His sister was in China or some other Far East country had a strange dream that Muamba collapsed so she rang him.

He answered and told her to call him later he was about to go and play so she didn't get to him the strange dream.

an hour late she gets told the news by a relative

So is it true certain people see things in their dreams before it happens?

yeah this has happened a few times to me,

DAVID JONES ‏ @DavidJonesSky

Being reported Fabrice Muamba is now able to breathe independently, recognising family and responding to questions. Amazing.

• Upvote 1

http://www.thisislon...ly-7577583.html

A horrific night but one that has united us all as a football family

True beauty and power of the game is on display as people from all over the world show their support for Fabrice Muamba

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

19 March 2012

Saturday was one of those days that will stay with me forever. Then again, I hope it stays with us all. There are some moments that make you look at the world with different eyes. But sometimes in these moments there is a magical power because people connect, people see the human in each other and people feel another person’s pain — or at least take the time to think about it.

I wish Fabrice a very quick and full recovery, not because he is a good guy, a young man, a fellow professional or a brother but because he is a human and it will be wonderful for him to see for himself the good that has come from this very sad and frightening event in his life.

When I saw him lying on the pitch at White Hart Lane, I was scared. Scared for him, scared for his family, his friends and all those people who know him and who care about him.

I was also scared because he was just like me. He is young, supposedly fit — an athlete — who a few seconds ago was running up and down the same pitch as me. I had flashbacks of what had happened to my countryman, the late Marc-Vivien Foe.

You want to stop these thoughts but the pictures keep coming into your head and I must say I was scared. Scared as I wondered how it could all just end like that for a young man? I could see the same questions in the eyes of my team-mates, the Bolton players, our bosses and their colleagues. And I learnt a new word as I tried to make sense of it late on Saturday: surreal.

When I tried to describe it all, my friend said to me “surreal”. And it was. As I stood there on the pitch looking at Fabrice and hearing the fans of both teams singing his name, I was in a surreal moment.

But I witnessed the magic of the moment. I saw a group of people, professionals, who were not caught up in the moment but were only focused. The medics who took care of him along with the medical guys from Spurs and Bolton were focused on Fabrice (above).

They were not distracted by anything, not even the sort of thoughts that I had in my head. Instead they worked, calmly and professionally, doing the things that had to be done. I am not an expert but seeing what I saw, I know we still have Fabrice with us because of the work of these guys.

But this was only one of the things that have made this difficult moment so powerful and magical. All around me people were praying. People were focused only on Fabrice. When the referee spoke with the two managers about abandoning the game, there was no hesitation. When it was announced to the fans that the game would not continue, there were no complaints.

People who had travelled from far and near were all focused on the wellbeing of Fabrice and nothing else mattered. They silently made their ways out of the stadium. When we sat in the dressing room afterwards we spoke only of Fabrice. When I switched on my phone, the messages I received and the profiles and statuses on people’s BlackBerrys and on Twitter were about Fabrice.

A lot of people didn’t know him but that did not stop them from extending good wishes to him and his family. It didn’t stop thousands of people at the stadiums across Europe yesterday from wishing him a speedy recovery, clapping and praying for him.

I have seen messages from people from the very far corners of the world all wishing Fabrice well. I have seen people who care very little for football talk about Fabrice. This is the true beauty and power of football. It connects people in a way that is hard to describe. It is this that I feel is the magic of the moment. I pray Fabrice recovers fully to see the magic that he is a part of. He must recover so I can thank him for reminding us that we must always be prepared to put things into perspective.

Nobody argued when the referee called off the game. The life of Fabrice was more important. It didn’t and doesn’t matter if he is tall, short, young, old, black, white, good or bad. All that matters is that we all simply see the human in him.

Through a very challenging and scary episode Fabrice has connected us as a football family and he is further connecting us as human beings. His pain and that of his family and loved ones could be a blessing but the true blessing would be if he told the story himself when he walks out of hospital.

• Upvote 5