Long Hair Don't Care?

PascalMoriarty

I want to grow my hair but it's a par. My hair isn't fully afro. Just really thick but straight in places. Looks untidy after about a weeks growth. Anyone else got weird mixed race hair like me? It's always got to because most other mixed race people I see seem to land with afro hair. WHY ME LORD

I have pretty much straight hair (and its verrrrrry thick) and my sisters is wavy - neither of us inherited the afro from my dad.

I want to grow my hair but it's a par. My hair isn't fully afro. Just really thick but straight in places. Looks untidy after about a weeks growth. Anyone else got weird mixed race hair like me? It's always got to because most other mixed race people I see seem to land with afro hair. WHY ME LORD

I have pretty much straight hair (and its verrrrrry thick) and my sisters is wavy - neither of us inherited the afro from my dad.

What do you find with your hair? Keep it short?

What do you find with your hair? Keep it short?

Yeah, no other option really. When its short and 'thinned' I can style it, a bit. Once it gets to a certain stage even dax barely holds it.

Like somebody already mentioned it depends on the field you're going into tbh but if you're going to be working around white folk - I implore you to trim your hair

I finished uni rolled into interview after interview after interview.... Unsuccessful. Its like they see the braids and instantly associate you with every generalisation under the sun (including that episode of The Bill they watched a few years ago)

Soon as I cut my hair - bagged a job in my first interview

p.s. completely off topic but all this talk about hair reminded me of that cyanide and happiness clip..

[media=]

[/media]
  • Upvote 3

the maintenance <<<

If you have patterned braids then it looks young/thuggish.

If you have braids going straight back then you can get away with it if it looks neat.

Same for dreads, if they are neat they you can get away with it.

If you have long hair but wear it in 1 then it doesn't really have any youthful connotation tbh.

Guest chap44uns

/

Lol at cainrows

It's peak far certain dons tho

I can tell man like krept is harbouring one serious peanut head behind hid rows that's y he stil has it