Theo Walcott

Arsenal are yet to reopen contract talks with England winger Theo Walcott.

It has left Walcott ­mystified as to why boss Arsene Wenger last week gave him two warnings to sign a new deal or be sold in January.

The pair last spoke at the end of the transfer window, when Wenger stressed ­Walcott would not be sold on deadline day.

But Wenger has not ­communicated any of his ­latest warnings face-to-face in private.

Walcott is growing increasingly convinced he is being frozen out because he has not signed the £80,000-a-week deal that was offered to him in August. He is yet to start a game this season.

If the stand-off is not ­resolved before the New Year, then Liverpool, ­Manchester City and ­Chelsea are all set to make cut-price offers to sign him.

He would also be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club, with Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus and Inter Milan monitoring the situation.

Wenger has given the ­impression that Walcott has rebuffed several fresh ­attempts to convince him to sign a new deal.

But Sunday Mirror Sport understands there have been no new talks since the ­contract stand-off first ­started over a month ago.

Walcott would like to stay at the Emirates, but Arsenal are yet to make him another offer or try again to negotiate his demands down.

Walcott has always made it clear he’ll not be bullied into making a decision or forced to move against his will.

Just had a very interesting chat with Theo Walcott at @fa's Just Play initiative. He wants to stay at #AFC He wants to play as a striker

— Leon Mann (@Leon_Mann) September 24, 2012

Walcott says its never been about money, is desperate to show what he can do as striker and feels he's learnt his trade as right winger #AFC

— Harry Hesp (@HarryJHesp) September 24, 2012

On SSN said he wants to be a legend like Thierry ... upfront 8-)

Then hes dropping bars about he could have gone in the summer, what a prick.

Is this guy taking the piss?

So whats he saying, if Wenger says he has to play on the right, hes going to leave yeh?

People said Henry couldn't play upfront.

I believe he deserves a chance there especially after Gervinhos performance against City.

But if Wenger of all people for what ever reason dont rate him enough to play him upfront, then what does that say?

My biggest fear when it was bait RVP was going is that Theo would be given a big contract and presented as our new striker. I honestly thought Wenger would be saying that hes now ready to play upfront etc, but no, hes not even starting on the right anymore.

Lmfao

He can play upfront at Chelsea and City innit :/ :/ :/

init

but to be fair if we can give gerboue games upfront we can give wally

Gervinho aint in the last year of his contract, and as far as I know he hasnt come out to the media and said he wants to play upfront. Pretty sure Gerboue would be happy playing anywhere. Theo has come out and stated that he wants to be upfront many times (cool i guess) but now it seems it isnt going to sign a contract unless he is guaranteed games upfront.

Quite different no?

Where was Walcott playing when Wenger decided he was somebody he wanted to buy?

I still think Walcott will make a good forward, Wenger has f*cked up his development by trying to turn him into a player he doesn't have the attributes to become. Played on the wings he has too much time to think when faced with an opponent at a standstill and he chokes, he's an instinctive player who I reckon would bag 15-20 a season played up top.

Now van Persie has left, I could see Walcot playing upfront.

BUT...

Gervinho does that job better than him (Gervinho moves out wide & opens space for Podolski, Wally couldn't do that) and he better hope Giroud don't turn up.

Giroud will play upfront against Coventry imo, to get a goal, and he better f*ck*ng get one.

IMO, this was the season to start playing Wally up front. I know Giroud was purchased and Podolski/Gervinho are also used there. But we was ALL under the impression from both AW and TW he'd learn his trade on the wing then eventually move central.

I don't see what the problem is. Arsenal play to feet, into space, he's quick, decent finisher, let him compete for a position up front.

*Disclaimer: At present, upfront, I'd have him behind Lukas, Giroud and Gervinho, and if he's stated he's not signing if he doesn't start getting chances up top I wouldn't play him on the wing either. Nothing wrong with the current stand still. Bench is him.