Theo Walcott

IMO, this was the season to start playing Wally up front. I know Giroud was purchased and Podolski/Gervinho are also used there. But we was ALL under the impression from both AW and TW he'd learn his trade on the wing then eventually move central.

I don't see what the problem is. Arsenal play to feet, into space, he's quick, decent finisher, let him compete for a position up front.

*Disclaimer: At present, upfront, I'd have him behind Lukas, Giroud and Gervinho, and if he's stated he's not signing if he doesn't start getting chances up top I wouldn't play him on the wing either. Nothing wrong with the current stand still. Bench is him.

The problem is that, for most of the reasons he was moved out wide he hasn't actually achieved, he's improved on them but he hasn't achieved. For me he's an inside right, he might want to be a centre forward, but I just dont see it Arsenal. Now if he wants to step down a level, to play there thats up to him, but if Wenger has agreed to try and play him in his prefered position than dropping him to the bench was the right option.

However I don't see why your prefered position makes an ounce of difference to your contract at all. So you wanna stay? and be like Thierry Henry? Sign the contract then and listen to your master, watch Henry videos and study him some more come Jan...

IMO, this was the season to start playing Wally up front. I know Giroud was purchased and Podolski/Gervinho are also used there. But we was ALL under the impression from both AW and TW he'd learn his trade on the wing then eventually move central.

I don't see what the problem is. Arsenal play to feet, into space, he's quick, decent finisher, let him compete for a position up front.

*Disclaimer: At present, upfront, I'd have him behind Lukas, Giroud and Gervinho, and if he's stated he's not signing if he doesn't start getting chances up top I wouldn't play him on the wing either. Nothing wrong with the current stand still. Bench is him.

The problem is that, for most of the reasons he was moved out wide he hasn't actually achieved, he's improved on them but he hasn't achieved. For me he's an inside right, he might want to be a centre forward, but I just dont see it Arsenal. Now if he wants to step down a level, to play there thats up to him, but if Wenger has agreed to try and play him in his prefered position than dropping him to the bench was the right option.

However I don't see why your prefered position makes an ounce of difference to your contract at all. So you wanna stay? and be like Thierry Henry? Sign the contract then and listen to your master, watch Henry videos and study him some more come Jan...

You reckon he'd be more effective on the right in a front three like he is now? Cutting inside and getting behind the defenders? He played good last night and done well on the flanks.

Walcott will wanna play like a centre forward, a #9, a Michael Owen, and thats fine but Arsenal's #9 has always had good movement, Walcott will just keep running offside or be static.

Now can Walcott play centrally, collect the ball (?), turn go wide to either flank (without leaving the ball behind) and cut in and go alone or open room for others to run into?

Cos right now Gervinho is doing it, Giroud showed he might not score bu he has looked like he is cute enough to provide for Podolski.

I think its easier to get a centre forward, who can collect the ball and pass and look for Walcott running off the flank inbetween fullback and centre halves with his pace and finishing. I dont want Walcott to cross the ball I never have, unsettle defences with the threat of your pace, make runs, and finish instinctively.

tumblr_mazka6CGWg1qi532yo5_250.gif

tumblr_mazka6CGWg1qi532yo9_250.gif

tumblr_m00ujwdPQi1qhaz39o5_250.gif

tumblr_m00udeenmE1qgy1ug.gif

tumblr_m00au1AwFV1qdm239o2_500.gif

Thats what I want from Walcott.

However iIn all three there is questionable defending but there is also questionable ball control by Walcott (his first against Spurs is so similar to his first againt Coventry where in both one of his touches is a mistouch but it cues it for him perfectly), that I doubt he'd get away with in the middle as someone would get tight and nick the ball before he turns them with the fullbac covering. Theo can get away with the kick run sh*t on the wing cos certain centre-backs sell their fullbacks out/haven't got the pace to get across.

• 2 months later...

Good n bad points this week

Thought he took his goal at Reading superbly, won the pen today

Doesn't make great runs, hold up play n build up isn't great but he does have pace..

Not worth 100k a week but I'd pay him that than risk losing for free

However I would swap with Chelsea for Strurridge

Indeed, he is quick though.

We should have got him a few years ago, would have developed well here imo.

/

So are we really not selling Wally in Jan then, im struggling to buy that tbh

He's getting sold, I refuse to believe Teo ain't gotta put pen to paper before Jan 31st somewhere.