WENGER OUT

Captain Planet

As much as it is the boards fault I've finally accepted Wenger has to hold some of the blame aswell , the players we have arent the best in the world, arent gonna challenge for the title BUT theyre better then what hes gettin out of them and that is no one elses fault but his own he is the manager hes meant to manage what he has in an effective way and it doesnt look like he can do it anymore...

The team isn't good enough to do what the manager wants them to do which is play tippy tappy pass and move football, and he hasn't shaped them for what to do when this sexy football ain't working. They don't know how to earn the right to play or win ugly, which is what anelka was saying about lacking cunts.

Yes, but the mis-management (which does include him to a degree), means eventually he won't over achieve but he'll under achieve.

4th is covering the cracks, but achieving for Arsenal.

Doing it and winning any cup was over achieving with this dross, we just went out of the most realistic (but care not) one to a League Two side...

Finishing lower than 4th is an under achievement, cup or not.

Think most people are getting carried away with Bradford's win.

They done nothing for the whole game and got lucky from a corner.

That's not to cover up the excuse of not winning but some people need to relax and calm themselves.

We didn't actually play bad, we dominated and looked threatening from the second half till the last minute of the game.

Shit happens, we didn't convert.

Next game please.

Think most people are getting carried away with Bradford's win.

They done nothing for the whole game and got lucky from a corner.

That's not to cover up the excuse of not winning but some people need to relax and calm themselves.

We didn't actually play bad, we dominated and looked threatening from the second half till the last minute of the game.

sh*t happens, we didn't convert.

Next game please.

its results which count in this business mate, no time to rest on arsene's laurels

you need to bulk up the squad

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he will always regret not realising the potential of his team after selling key players.

The Gunners have not won any silverware since 2005 and Wenger's long-term plan to construct a team that could challenge on all fronts was shattered by the sales of Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas, Robin van Persie and Alex Song.

Speaking in the January edition of Four Four Two magazine - before yesterday's shock Capital One Cup exit at the hands of Bradford - Wenger admits there will forever be a sense of what might have been.

"My regret is that we already had a great team two or three years ago which could compete on four fronts," Wenger said.

"We just missed out in the Champions League [last 16 tie] against Barcelona, when we could have scored in the last minute, and then we just missed out on the Premier League too.

"But you could feel the potential was there, and I thought, 'Okay, let's do this together'. Then the team split up, sometimes after five or six years' work, it is frustrating, you have to start all over again."

Wenger added: "We have lost recent players earlier in their careers - to lose Van Persie, Fabregas, Nasri and Song in just two years, it is a massive amount of potential, of course you worry."

Wenger has come under increasing scrutiny this season but insists he will remain true to his football and economic philosophies.

He said: "I am not saying I never made mistakes. I was fortunate to work for this club for 16 years and I hope I respected the traditions of this club. I feel fortunate, but I think somewhere as well I tried at least pay the club back with the trust they had in me."

He has to let it go...

• 3 weeks later...

came across this article by gary neville 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2248779/Arsene-Wenger-stay-Arsenal-Gary-Neville.html

at first i agreed with g,nev until i went to the worst rated comments which were by disgruntled arsenal fans calling for change

in any case G. Nevilles punditry/perspective on things>

• 2 weeks later...

apart from players not being good enough it seems like he just sends them out with no special plan regardless of opposition & their tactics / players .. no plan b, all well and good if we were at the level of say barcelona but were not.

hes obssessed with playing this system , even if we dont have the players to match it .. i.e. ramsey on the wing. hes gonna play 4-3-3.

hes gonna make subs around the 70 min mark every game, same players off same players on, regardless of how the games going

not saying everything thats happening is 100% his fault but imo he is accountable for these things

as for wats wrong on the pitch lack of urgency/drive/desire .. players not concentrating when we dont have the ball, not tracking runners could go on and on

• Upvote 1

Dreadful defensive coaching, a lack of any real tactical implementation

There's no communication along the back line at all, I've lost count of the times I've seen someone run onto the backpost, and noone gets a shout to pass him on or just to be aware

There is often a high line with very little pressure on the ball, the pressing at times is woeful, it makes the team far too easy to break against

I will stress again NOOOO communication the team whatsoever defensively

The defending should start from the front, this doesn't happen

• Upvote 2

Offensively.....Giroud is a big guy, but he is not a true targetman. He doesn't thrive on aerial balls. So what we have is a man who is too big to be mobile and play a false-9 type position, or even as an agile forward who can move wide and come deep and spin off to create space...and a guy who's size doesn't QUITE make him enough of a threat in the air

So he is essentially a square peg in a round whole with regards to the way the team plays