PlayStation 4 & Xbox One

Supermalt

I wouldn't be happy at all if they changed the D-Pad position on a Sony controller. I'm old school and still like using the D-Pad for a lot of things and always maintained I like how the 2 Analog sticks are side by side on the Dual Shock. I suppose it is something everyone can adjust to in the end and I know a lot of XBox users swear by the way their pads are laid out but I'd definitely rather Sony kept the pad how it is.

PS4 will automatically download remote PSN purchases

PlayStation Network purchases made on a smartphone will be automatically downloaded by a sleeping PS4, which will go back into power-save mode once finished.

20130829_ps4_playstation.jpg

The feature was announced by SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida on Twitter.

“When you buy a PS4 game on smartphone, it will wake your PS4 up to start downloading the game. PS4 goes back to sleep after that,” the executive said.

Both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 have allowed remote purchase of network content via webportals, accessible by mobile browser, but neither have allowed for immediate download and return to a hibernating state.

The Xbox One is not yet confirmed to have a similar feature.

More Cross-Play games

Cross-Play already been seen in a range of titles with games like Guacamelee!, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal and even Dead Or Alive 5 benefiting from a dual platform existence. The wealth of indie games and the bigger push to make Vita an essential companion to PS4 means we should be seeing a lot more interaction between the two. Many of the new titles announced at Gamesom were PS3, PS4 and Vita releases. Like Helldivers, where Sony is implementing both Cross-Play and Cross-Save functionality, meaning that you can play both locally and online, with up to four players, on all platforms. It’s part of a constantly developing partnership between Sony’s consoles that looks to be big on the radar for next-gen.

Remote play for everything

Pretty much every game on PS4 can be remotely played on Vita going forward (stuff using the camera seems to be the only exception). Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot showed off the amazing potential behind the tech by playing Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag on Vita at Sony’s press conference. The most impressive thing is just how good it looks – there’s no loss of quality, leaving you basically playing PS4 in your hand. Being able to take your PS4 out wherever you go on Vita, combined with that new lower price, a slew of games and Cross-Play, and the Vita’s looking better by the minute.

The Vita is looking more tempting as a bolt on to the PS4

EA's COO has reiterated that the company isn't favouring Microsoft over Sony, despite a host of decisions that would seem to suggest otherwise.

In an interview with Games Industry, Peter Moore asserted that despite exclusive games like Titanfall and the fact EA is offering free copies of FIFA 14 with every pre-ordered Xbox One in Europe, the publisher is remaining neutral in the battle for next-generation dominance.

"We have relationships with both companies that go back many many years, so I think that what you saw yesterday was, just from a phasing perspective, you saw a little bit more of the Microsoft stuff," he explained. "We have a lot of partnership opportunities with Sony, with the PlayStation 4, which we have done for many many years, that maybe we should start talking more about.

"But it may have seemed that way, I don't think that we're favouring one over the other, we love them both dearly. It's important to the publishing community that both are very successful and I think they will be very successful. I think the gamers, the fanboys, I'm an Xbox guy, I'm a PlayStation guy, they're going to make their choices. I see a lot of talk about people who are going to try to get both.

"Microsoft has been very aggressive with us, as had Sony, we're a very powerful publisher obviously, that has the ability to deliver great content and makes a difference on their platforms, and they want to make sure they get that."

Yesterday, Sony's Jim Ryan stated he thought the deal done between Microsoft and EA over FIFA 14 was "rather odd" and explained he assumed it was because Microsoft was uncomfortable with its pre-order figures. It seems Moore agrees, as he explained what went into the deal happening.

"Microsoft, particularly in Europe, feels it needs to catch up a little bit with the PlayStation brand and this is one way to do it," he revealed. "You take soccer and you add Europe to the mix and then you bring it together. And I suspect as well Microsoft is looking at ways to add value, as I'm sure Sony is here to make the price points feel a little bit more of a bargain. We sat down a while back and talked about this and that's how it happened."

MS have improved the quality of voice chat for the XBone. Can check out the difference in sound quality on the link, good improvement if the sample is how it turns out to be.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/xbox-ones-improved-voice-chat-quality-demonstrated?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

PS4 will automatically download remote PSN purchases

PlayStation Network purchases made on a smartphone will be automatically downloaded by a sleeping PS4, which will go back into power-save mode once finished.

20130829_ps4_playstation.jpg

The feature was announced by SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida on Twitter.

“When you buy a PS4 game on smartphone, it will wake your PS4 up to start downloading the game. PS4 goes back to sleep after that,” the executive said.

Both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 have allowed remote purchase of network content via webportals, accessible by mobile browser, but neither have allowed for immediate download and return to a hibernating state.

The Xbox One is not yet confirmed to have a similar feature.

Isnt this just a hidden "Always on" feature?

Bravo to sony for letting microsoft take that hit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sony will release a PlayStation 4 bundle that includes a number of extra items - for the same price as Xbox One in Europe.

The bundle costs €499 - the same as Microsoft's European Xbox One price - which translates to around £427. In the UK the Xbox One costs £429.

Sony has yet to officially unveil the bundle - or name a UK price - but it is already available for pre-order on Amazon France.

Included in the box will be a copy of PS4-exclusive launch title Killzone Shadow Fall, two DualShock 4 controllers and the PlayStation 4 Camera.

That's compared to Microsoft's offering, which includes FIFA 14 when you pre-order the bundle, Kinect and an Xbox One controller.

Bought separately, the bundle's contents would cost £503 when purchased together from Amazon at time of publication (£349 for the PS4 console, £55 for the PlayStation Camera, £54 for a second DualShock 4 and £45 for Killzone: Shadow Fall). That's roughly a £7

Fackkk

Guest TRAGEDY

I just dont know which one to get.

PS4 has the better hardware.

Xbox does have the better online platform.

Games... they each have their xcluses..... decisions decisions

I feel MS abandoned its hardcore base,

Fuck kinect should have been an add on...