The Official Chelsea Thread

Guest Chelsea Jack

Mourinho and his history

Jose Mourinho is already in mid-season form when it comes to poking rival managers.

"Some [managers], they have 10 years to win something, I have only two," he said. No prizes for catching the allusion there.

"I like to work, I like to build, I don't like easy jobs," he added, moving the crosshairs further north. "I don't like to get clubs worked by other managers before me. I don't like to arrive in time to collect the fruits off their trees."

Again, fairly obvious reference.

Whether Arsene Wenger and Manuel Pellegrini -- in case you hadn't figure it out -- choose to fire back remains to be seen. They may want to remind him, though, that while you're entitled to your own opinion, you're not entitled to your own facts.

"The season before I went to Porto, they had been fifth," Mourinho said.

Actually, no. The season before he went to Porto, they finished second. They were in fifth place when he took over in January 2002. He guided them to third that season.

Jose Mourinho has never been one to shy away from promoting his accomplishments.

"Remember when I came here (Chelsea, the first time)?"

Yes, he took over a Chelsea team that had finished second in the Premier League, reached the Champions League semifinal and been the beneficiary of the biggest transfer spend in history at the time.

"Where was Inter before I went there?"

They had won two consecutive Serie A titles on the pitch, plus another following the Calciopoli scandal.

"When I went to Madrid, where was Madrid?"

They had finished second, which is exactly where they finished under Mourinho in his first year. And they had again benefited from one of the biggest spending sprees in history.

Mourinho has been one of the most successful managers in the world for more than a decade. That's why he gets rewarded with prestigious jobs, big transfer budgets and huge wage bills. There's nothing wrong with that. But that doesn't mean he needs to make it seem as if all his success has come from building teams from scratch. Or that the clubs he managed and his predecessors had achieved nothing.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/1990905/how-liverpool-will-replace-luis-suarez

Nas+-+Made+You+Look-01.jpg

Marcotti came thru

• 2 weeks later...

#CFC confirm Diego Costa "has a minor muscular injury" & will be assessed over the next few days

My stance however - Costa will still need a scan to confirm the full extent of the damage. Updates over the next few days should give a better indication of what we're looking at; hopefully only minor but given Costa's recent muscular problems it is a concern for #CFC the player will not be rushed back

@BenDinnery

Yeah but I don't mind the attitude. We've missed having proper cunts for a long while, and I don't mean that in a negative way.

Players like Costa and Fab are the way they are because they put in 110%, at least it shows they care.

/

Should never have been carded yesterday.

martinez was complaining about him in the post match conference.

Ridiculous.

He obviously told Everton players to wind him up.

Howard blatently hand balls and should be sent off then applauds the lines mans decision not to.

Coleman was digging him in the ribs for time Costa pushes him back he gets booked.

Then Coleman scored an own goal Costa gives out to him Howard grabs him by the throat (2nd red card offence), Costa doesn't react. Then Azpilcueta gets in the way Howard head butts him (3rd red card offence).

Bit of a weird thing to say after that IMO.