Black British role models

connorwickham

Guest babatundestacks

The 6 Richest Black British of 2015, according to the Sunday Times and Forbes

6) Luol Deng – $55 Million (£36m)

5) Adam Afriyie – estimated $76 Million (£50m)

4) Lewis Hamilton – $103 Million (£68m)

3) Lennox Lewis – $130 Million (£85m)

2) Damon Buffini – $190 Million (£125m)

1) Mo Ibrahim – $1.1 Billion

3 of these arent even black ffs.

They came out of a white woman

• Upvote 1

John would you say blacks should integrate less with whites?

Because that is a major factor in the dilution of blacks. 150 years from now the blacks will probably resemble brazil with the lighter complexion.

of course not 

everyone shoudl intergatra with evferyone 

but black people in particular (especially succesful ones) should be seeking partners of their own race 

might have to start a dating website like this for decent black people

there is a gap in the market here 

But this is what do you define as successful ? Because  I think guys within the sports world should be void, I seriously can not look at those types (Sol Campbell, Raheem Sterling) and put them next to the likes of David Adjaye. 

Afroman said something what I found odd he demanded to know what black role models had non black spouse. Which is weird I have never read a Forbes list and found that they mention the person being featured partner. So I just do not know why when celebrating someone's success we are then adding this extra stipulation at the end of the day is not important.

I agree that is a good idea dating site for black professionals.  

The reason I asked you about segregation is because 50% of Black British males have partners outside their race I think it something like 30% for black women this was 6 years ago. We as a people are barely even 3 Generations deep in our latest stint in this country. We know this is not normal just need to look hasidic jews they have kept their community run correct.

Why cant blacks do the same? Because we are not a community we are different. Think even countries in Africa you can walk from town to another just a few miles apart and they talk totally different languages and dialect. So for us blacks to come here from all corners of the globe and to be expected to act as one group of people is idiotic it wont happen and it has not happened.

So I can not really subscribe to the idea of my partner only being black, because black again is using the white mans ideology because we are more complex than just the word black. So when I hear someone saying my wife has to be black and that is the only stipulation its fucking silly and shows not allot of actual deep thought has actually gone into what they are saying. That is why I was glad Afroman specifically said a female with west African heritage.  

When I was a child my dad use to say that stuff you must marry black because your grandkids will be white (How he spoke about it was like it was a fear) As he has grown as person had more life experiences he has backed down on that militant view and takes people on their individual merit 

Me personally I would not date someone with children, no qualifications, on a low income or unemployed no matter the race.

End of the day marry who you love. 

I am not being pedantic but if it is a gay black man seeing a white gay man do you have less respect for him because he is not seeing another Black gay man or is that just a void topic?   

What are you on about? mate I don't really want to speak to you

from when tf has to explain to you about different speaking voices black people have speaks volumes

I specifically addressed john because I know that he actually has some substance he actually visits Africa and not the countries the white tourist go to either. His answers are more rationalised

Say nothing then you blonde hair blue eye worshiping crackpot c*nt

What is wrong with you?  You are mad at me because I met and fell in Love with a wonderful women who makes me feel good and has had nothing but a positive effect on my life.

Big up you innit

Dominica needs help donate something towards our people struggling please

https://www.youcaring.com/the-people-directly-affected-by-tropical-storm-erika-423803#.VeT1N0BBluk.email

• Upvote 3

3 of them not even born here lol

Persoanlly you cant blame people for things like this

Culture etc... Has to be taught by parents and in particular fathers

Why does it enter your mind? when I wanted to learn about Steve Jobs, Kevin liles and Spike Lee I wanted to know about their brilliance their spouse is not even a factor. Where is that line where you want acknowledge the brilliance of David Adjaye but can not until you find out the race of his partner?

• Upvote 1

3 of these arent even black ffs.

They came out of a white woman

If these was females you would be calling them WOBO.

• Upvote 3

Fathers bit is bullshit

fathers dont carry the culture in every society an its certainly not the case on caribbean communities. And no thats not a bad thing. Its just different

And are you sayin any black man who doesn't have a black partner is cos they didn't have a dad?

people talk about preserving bloodline

leta be honest for caribbeans...what bloodline?

I agree with everything vibes has said and especially about black being the only stipulation for a partner

If i was to marry a west african the cultural differences are just as stark as marrying an English white man

Brings us back to black being nothing more than a descriptive term, an adjective

Fathers bit is bullshit

fathers dont carry the culture in every society an its certainly not the case on caribbean communities. And no thats not a bad thing. Its just different

And are you sayin any black man who doesn't have a black partner is cos they didn't have a dad?

I agree with everything vibes has said and especially about black being the only stipulation for a partner

If i was to marry a west african the cultural differences are just as stark as marrying an English white man

Brings us back to black being nothing more than a descriptive term, an adjective

That dismissive part about fathers baffles me, definitely the source of certain issues.

Lol @ what bloodline. If that's a licence for carib brehs to be doing what their doing then it's no wonder, that 50% of black males marrying white women that dinky brought up certainly doesn't apply to Africans.

I wasnt being dismissive its just that its not true. Id never be an advocate for single parent families but equally they dont produce faulty people.

anyway its a moot point to make in this argument imo

Its not a licence it just is what it is.

if the pro marrying black lobby in here believe their own arguments then what i said is valid. You marry a Jamaican woman supermalt...how are you preserving your bloodline anymore than marrying a white woman?

black isn't a bloodline

Surely you understand the diversity of caribbean people?

My personal preference is to be with someone who is of Jamaican heritage but i don't knock others for the choices they make as long as the choices aren't based on racism (to your own or otherwise ). Its the racist views that are a detrimental to progress for all

Fathers bit is bullshit

That dismissive part about fathers baffles me, definitely the source of certain issues.

Lol @ what bloodline. If that's a licence for carib brehs to be doing what their doing then it's no wonder, that 50% of black males marrying white women that dinky brought up certainly doesn't apply to Africans.

As a Jamaican, I can see why race mixing is a lot more prevalent. When you consider the countries history & the original inhabitants.

I wasnt being dismissive its just that its not true. Id never be an advocate for single parent families but equally they dont produce faulty people.

if the pro marrying black lobby in here believe their own arguments then what i said is valid. You marry a Jamaican woman supermalt...how are you preserving your bloodline anymore than marrying a white woman?

black isn't a bloodline

My personal preference is to be with someone who is of Jamaican heritage but i don't knock others for the choices they make as long as the choices aren't based on racism (to your own or otherwise ). Its the racist views that are a detrimental to progress for all

Single parent homes are more likely to though, a woman can't teach a man to be a man. To me that transcends culture, it's not just different.

On the bloodline aspect if Meph is suggesting the laissez faire attitude is to do with the history of Jamaica then fair enough. I won't pretend to understand it.

To me the marry within issue is a personal preference and an economic one. Humans are tribal by nature, sanjeev can go to a number of cousins and fam for seed money on a business or deposit for a house, such a circle bonded by cultural norms.

I don't dismiss black men who have achieved a lot but marry white, because more interested in how they did it but with that I'm also thinking beyond myself and who I'm leaving all this success for...

Of course a woman can't teach a man to be a man but she can still pass on culture. And in two parent families there are cultures where still it is the women who lead in passing culture on

I understand the arguments about economics and I strongly believe that solid family structure is the foundation of a productive cohesive society

agree that people are tribal also

you will see that in mixed cultural relationships one culture dominates an that's what the children follow. So intrinsically there doesn't have to be anything wrong with marrying out

It's just if you're interested in cultural preservation you have to make sure your culture is the dominant one in your family.

Jamaicas motto is out of many one people. Its not a laissez faire attitude we have its an inclusive one

• Upvote 1

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/06/mixed-marriage-interracial-partnerships-multiculturalism-society-class

Few stats yeah looks like it is 20% african males compared to 40% west indian males and 60% other black males (is other black like black british? )

black isn't a bloodline

On the bloodline aspect if Meph is suggesting the laissez faire attitude is to do with the history of Jamaica then fair enough. I won't pretend to understand it.

Understanding & empathy is needed imo. The militant way didn't work with me.

As a fallen soldier I try to seek the root causes, so that I can educate the young ones in my family.