BREXIT  

58 members have voted

1. 1. With regards to Britains vote on leaving the EU. Will you vote to stay IN or get OUT.

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, time_bomb said:

I was in algeria a month ago, theres a huge amount of sub-saharan africans there now, never seen so many foreigners in algeria in my life, a lot of the young men get construction jobs, the women and kids are often begging on street.  Clearly their goal is europe. Its mad cos even to algerians they have this idea that europe is paved with gold. Such a false illusion.

everyone thinks the grass is greener. even here, if you ask people where they'd want to live they probably wont mention the area they live in, different place in the country or different country all together, Spain, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Portugal are the equivalent for this country, even places like Hong Kong and Thailand. 

never any gold unless youre rich

tbh if you're poor and you move to the UK and your kids go through the British education system they'll probably have way better prospects than if they were back in whatever African country you originate from

knowledge is power is freedom

• Upvote 2

Yeah seen this first hand too when in Jam, locals have this perception England is this land of riches, due to the money they see tourists spending. Not realising they probably have gone into debt for that too.

When they migrate to the uk and go back home, the pressure is on to show fam and friends/enemies they've made it.

Meanwhile, whilst here... on some low paid cleaning job, struggling to cover rent. Or slip into dodge shit to acquire money by any means in desperation mode.

Reality sets in, but pride is to high to show peeps back home the real deal stress.

/

All the global instiutions of power reside in Europe/USA. If only people realised the rope a dope mind trick to understand the wealth and power is only based on what is extracted  and inflated in value from their nations for peanuts.

Thanks to additional systems like the IMF/UN, puppet governors keeping wealth for self. And some real leaders who are locked down geo politically or killed off (eg Patrice Lumumba/ Gaddaffi) to prevent any true reversal on valued commodities being correctly priced from the source and sold correctly as the wealth is truly tied into the land its sourced from.

But in return their country gets under valued currency/debt/civil unrest/poverty/guns/imported lab made diseases and some cia trained religous nut terror cells. A unicef to drop food grains and install a water pump, and a random Kate doing a charity walk and photo pose with kids in a run down school.

• Upvote 7

U dont even have to be splashin for them to have the wrong idea completely.

had this woman overr angling for a invite to england an i had to jus show her im only outchea cos i got a good deal on a flight,  i travelled for nearly 24 hours for the pleasure an i lived in shared accommodation back in England "share...share wah? Whats that?"

After i explained she wern tryin get that invite no mo

3 hours ago, Vtec said:

Yeah seen this first hand too when in Jam, locals have this perception England is this land of riches, due to the money they see tourists spending. Not realising they probably have gone into debt for that too.

When they migrate to the uk and go back home, the pressure is on to show fam and friends/enemies they've made it.

Meanwhile, whilst here... on some low paid cleaning job, struggling to cover rent. Or slip into dodge shit to acquire money by any means in desperation mode.

Reality sets in, but pride is to high to show peeps back home the real deal stress.

/

All the global instiutions of power reside in Europe/USA. If only people realised the rope a dope mind trick to understand the wealth and power is only based on what is extracted  and inflated in value from their nations for peanuts.

Thanks to additional systems like the IMF/UN, puppet governors keeping wealth for self. And some real leaders who are locked down geo politically or killed off (eg Patrice Lumumba/ Gaddaffi) to prevent any true reversal on valued commodities being correctly priced from the source and sold correctly as the wealth is truly tied into the land its sourced from.

But in return their country gets under valued currency/debt/civil unrest/poverty/guns/imported lab made diseases and some cia trained religous nut terror cells. A unicef to drop food grains and install a water pump, and a random Kate doing a charity walk and photo pose with kids in a run down school.

Yooo, this some real shit, the flossing shit is so mad, had cousins asking me for Macbooks in Africa like I could afford one myself 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Trap God said:

I was with you until the last line tbh

Education and opportunities are nothing to do with knowledge power or freedom

Actually agree with this. you just have to look at the upper class. Wealth gets you power and freedom, education and opportunities give the lower classes a better chance of survival in the machine. While the upper class can pop out a guaranteed politician/ investment banker/ henge fund manager.

It's long enough for British people, a Sudanese person coming here will be better educated than in Sudan, sure, but that doesn't guarantee he'll even live comfortably

46 minutes ago, cambridgebanteer said:

when I go back I always just try to fit in, no flashy clothes, jewelry or haircut because you can get ripped off by retailers or robbed by the local savages, the only thing that gives me away is my accent 

Best way

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, cambridgebanteer said:

when I go back I always just try to fit in, no flashy clothes, jewelry or haircut because you can get ripped off by retailers or robbed by the local savages, the only thing that gives me away is my accent 

lol no matter how low key you are. They just know you ain't from around the way. 

• Upvote 7

Just now, Seydou said:

Hmm......

flossing hard in the midst of poverty as always been a mugs game imo  Regardless of what part of the world you are.

You are either getting taxed thorough duration of your stay or getting sucked.

In Naij anyway, from the time you are landing and time you get in your plane exiting. 

I had to learn the hard way.

• Upvote 3

First trip to jamaica my uncle from here stripped us all of our jewellery when we landed. From then I jus got with the programme. I dont go with trainers I'm not willin to leave there. On jewellery i take is earrings.

unless you're ar a resort the whole time. Who are u really tryin to impress? Poor people? Lol

• Upvote 2

Fuck em im on holiday 

Im gnna floss would be the same if i was in another country so why hold back

plus london cypriots gtta be the worst when it comes to flossing back there, they easily the worst out of all the ex pat communities i know

some of the shit i seen ?

Im very tame compred to them man ??? 

just roll like i would in ends or on hol in spain or somewhere like hat

I know but they still think uk streets filled with gold well used to

plus i flossed in some closed off countries worse then Iran ? Stood out so bad 

i dont think its the flossing that makes people want to leave, its a number of things that flossing is probably low on their list. 

you cannot say someone will walk across the desert to algeria because they saw their friend flossing, or want to come and floss as well. 

humans are built to survive and they do that because to them its survival by leaving their country with little to no opportunities for them.

i dont believe they also think the streets are paved with Gold either, they know it is hard, but prefer suffering the hard in Europe than at home. 

I dont think many actually understand how hard it is or how hard it will be for them. An if they consistently see an image of things being easier than they are i.e. the flossin thing then i think its a big part. Even if people here who have come from these hard places jus say yo look im strugglin, i was a slave for libyans then maybe people can have better information to make a decision on.

Im not against people coming here. Come yes. But i hate that people are dyin an bein sold into slavery. Cos those fates are worse than where they started