The Official Manchester United Thread

Young £

Don't understand why buy a world class striker if you are not going to start him .

I know we are manchester untied and all but camon

^)

What persie aint starting

this aint playstation mate. hes not played with any of his team mates before and has had what one training session. Yeah just throw him in and it will work

This

+

Has hardly played any pre-season football due to the Euros and the trying to sort out his transfer

Cool, still not enough for me

but i hear ya lad

there there

\

anyway, if Waz starts on the left I think im going to scream

Expecting a battering of possession, scholes-cleverley-kagawa you know lol

CANT WAIT

So you aint gonna say who you think your best player is?

Don't even know what to say about that game really. Can talk about how sh*t the make shift defence was and how we couldn't handle bush head but we didn't even create any solid chances either and with the attacking players we have got it's unacceptable. Poor Poor Poor first game for us. We better bounce back in style.

If only RVP was on the pitch in the first half when we actually wanted to attack through the middle, play the ball to feet and use our playmaker Kagawa. Instead we had Rooney breaking down our attacks with rapist touches and undercooked passes.

And then when he finally did come on we went back to the boring predictable United way of playing with a millions of passes to flanks followed by sh*t cross after sh*t cross.

Only Kagawa and De Gea can hold their heads up after that performance.

And vs Fulham, Fergie will come up against another Belgian midfielder he should have signed before pre-season.

thank god people are seeing this about rooney now

now for the general united fan and then the football fan and finally the media to clock on

• Upvote 8

Cool, still not enough for me

but i hear ya lad

there there

\

anyway, if Waz starts on the left I think im going to scream

Expecting a battering of possession, scholes-cleverley-kagawa you know lol

CANT WAIT

So you aint gonna say who you think your best player is?

No

cause if I say Nani for example, your going to say 'Nani is never better than Rooney blah blah blah, check the stats"

when in reality what you should of been doing is watching the game and quoting what most people in this room have said about him, or at least have an opinion

but anyway

1. It was only the first game, so perspective

2. Everton looked a million times sharper, hearing what P.Neville said about their pre-season looks to have done wonders, and sounded really smart to me

3. We looked like a side that had flown around the world

4. Scholes should not be starting games away from home where we need to take the attack to teams & assert our authority

5. Rooney has not had a CLASS 90 min match in this calender year (since last year if im being honest), also he looked terribly out of shape, and i mean the worst i've ever seen him

6. He gets to many of the basics wrong, sh*t that shouldn't be happening to top class' players

7. Cleverley, Kagawa & De Gea were are best players in reverse order

8. We finally have a team that makes it the easiest its ever been for Fergie to drop Rooney, our worst player yesterday was Rooney by a mile but he stayed on for the full 90, while Clevz & Welbz who were defo having better games than him, went off (Nani was POOR too)

9. If he starts again on Saturday, or at worse performs like that again and isn't replaced, I know what Fergie is on this season

couldnt be bothered to paragraph

• Upvote 2

now for the general united fan and then the football fan and finally the media to clock on

!!!

Worst player on our team yesterday, worst passer on our team last night, ANNNNDDDD surprise surprise not a mention from the commentators, manager or even Gary, i thought Gary woulda said something cause for f*ck sake he can't keep playing like this

!!!

Worst player on our team yesterday, worst passer on our team last night, ANNNNDDDD surprise surprise not a mention from the commentators, manager or even Gary, i thought Gary woulda said something cause for f*ck sake he can't keep playing like this

This is the problem i have with our so called fans . Dont you see that on the occasions that rooney plays bad EVERYONE played bad .

Rooney wasn't our worst player atall.

Nani was worse, Evra was worse .

Only two players played good yesterday de gea and kagawa

• Upvote 1

YES BECAUSE HE f*ckED UP ALL OUR ATTACKS

HE f*ckED UP OVER 10 MOVES BY OVER HITTING A PASS, PASSING STRAIGHT TO EVERTON OR MISCONTROLLING THE BALL

BUT KAGAWA ONLY LOST THE BALL ONCE IN THE WHOLE MATCH GET THE f*ck OUTTA HERE, WAZZAS PASS COMPLETION WAS THE LOWEST ON THE WHOLE TEAM, I'D LOVE TO EVEN KNOW IF THATS HAPPENED BEFORE

HE WAS RED IN DA FACE AND HUFFING AND PUFFING BY 70, I WATCHED HIM SOOO CLOSELY (no homs)

DARE I SAY TORRES'ESQUE

NANI DIDN'T PLAY WORSE THAN ROONEY, ALTHOUGH I COULD UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE WOULD SAY SO, CONSIDER THE FLACK NANI RECEIVES TO THIS UN TOUCHABLE c*nt WHO HAS BEEN SUB-PERFORMING AND SCORING IN PATCHES FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW AND GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER

Yes there was a lot of bad performers on the night but you expect your "talisman" to come to the fore on the bad days and drag you across the line, not crumble into the same pattern, that's what makes the top top players.

Cantona did it consistently, Keane did it all the time, the Danish bloke did it, Ruud did it.

I'm somewhere in the middle on the Rooney debate, I don't think he's as bad as some makeout and the positives do outweigh tge negatives a large amount of the time, however he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets.

I don't think he's helped by the medias obsession with trying to put him up their with the very best, something that is not the case and so makes people harder on him.

He's getting paid wages where you expect world class performances on a semi regular basis at least.

The fact that he appears indispensable in Fergie's eyes pisses people off.

His inability to at least attempt to stay in some sort of shape over the summer astounds me to this day.

Personally Welbeck being pushed out of position to cater to him, Rooney badly underperforming but knowing that Welbeck was going to be dragged off and Rooney was going to be catered to again, was a bit annoying.

Anyway, as long as he is the Golden boy in terms of the media and the merchandising department and also the marquee player..........

• Upvote 1