THE TRAVEL THREAD

Lofa

yeah, also there are like better times when to buy tickets, something like weekends being best, then wednesdays (do a google on "when is best to buy airline tickets") - due to when is the most popular times to buy tickets and when they've just been issued and so and so forth

9 hours ago, dub said:

you can find different deals on each somehow, but generally I think Skyscanner is better

also if you switch up the currency/location that you're purchasing from you can save a bit (assuming you have a decent card/account with no charge on foreign currency purchases), saved about €20 on one of mine and just had to order in German instead of English  (but its easy with Google Translate)

The day where we voted out, lastminute.com system couldn't cope with the currency fluctuations, leading to return flights to Dubai for 81p and Portugal for 42p....

Aeroflot had a problem with the Azerbaijan currency, where you could book any distance in the world for £50.

So fucked!

lastminute? 

/

yeah booking.com is the best I've found when I've looked for hotels, but you should probably shop around too, my order is usually AirBnb then Booking.com then I'll try an aggregator or 2 but as I'm always looking for the cheapest,  b.com ends up the best for hotels

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dub said:

lastminute? 

/

yeah booking.com is the best I've found when I've looked for hotels, but you should probably shop around too, my order is usually AirBnb then Booking.com then I'll try an aggregator or 2 but as I'm always looking for the cheapest,  b.com ends up the best for hotels

Safe G but I just mean a website where u don't even have to search cause I don't know where I want to go! Back in the day teletext holidays would just have a deal for say Heathrow to Riga for 150 and you just ring up and book.

On 8/21/2016 at 9:03 AM, connorwickham said:

Safe G but I just mean a website where u don't even have to search cause I don't know where I want to go! Back in the day teletext holidays would just have a deal for say Heathrow to Riga for 150 and you just ring up and book.

google flights

brings up a map of every airport in the world with prices during the dates you want

• Upvote 3